EVLN: Foo Fighter Grohl Loves His Tesla-S In Ludicrous Mode> (they're f**king bad*ss)

EVLN: Foo Fighter Grohl Loves His Tesla-S In Ludicrous Mode> (they're f**king bad*ss)

Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl Loves Ludicrous Mode In His Tesla Model S P100D
October 8th, 2017  Matt Pressman

[image   / Rolling Stone / Motor Trend
(Rolling Stone mag cover w/ Grohl pic& Tesla-X pic)  Foo Fighters’ Dave
Grohl loves his Tesla

The latest issue of iconic music magazine Rolling Stone features Foo
Fighters’ Dave Grohl on its cover. Rolling Stone’s exclusive interview with
Grohl starts off in the following setting: “We hop into Grohl’s Tesla, a
$140,000 spaceship with Sonic Youth on the stereo, and he heads down the
hill, drumming on the steering wheel the entire way.” Who knew Grohl was a
Tesla owner? That’s right — Grohl joins a long list of celebrities and
musicians that own the baddest electric car on the planet.

Grohl, the former drummer for Nirvana, has established a bulletproof rep
within the music biz with his band, Foo Fighters, whom Rolling Stone
describes as: “arguably the biggest American rock band of the past 20 years…
Nearly a quarter-century into their career, the Foos are not just a
stadium-filling rock band; they’re a fixture in the firmament.”
[image]  Above: Tesla Model S (Image: The Truth About Cars)

It turns out, for some thrills during the interview, Rolling Stone reports:
“Grohl eases the Tesla onto a quiet side street. ‘I haven’t shown you how
fast this car is yet, have I?’ He presses a few buttons on the touch screen
and puts the car into something called ludicrous mode. ‘It doesn’t have a
combustion engine – it’s just magnets or whatever,’ he says. ‘So it goes
zero-to-60 in 2.4 seconds. It’s f**king insane. It feels like this.’
Suddenly he punches the accelerator, and the car launches forward like an
F-16 from a catapult. Grohl laughs. He floors it again, and we scream.”
[image]  Above: Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins of Foo Fighters (Image:
Alternative Nation)

What kind of Tesla does Grohl own? He also talked about his Model S with
Alternative Nation: “I have a Tesla P100D, and that car goes 0 to 60 in 2.4
seconds. It’s the fastest car I’ve ever been in my entire life.” And it’s
not just Grohl who drives a Tesla in the band. Foo Fighters’ drummer, Taylor
Hawkins, mentions he has a Tesla in the family and that, “Tesla’s are just
f**king bad*ss. My wife has one, and it’s like driving a f**king spaceship,
it really is. There’s nothing gnarlier than that car out there, it really is
the future of cars.”
[© Sustainable Enterprises Media]
Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl