EVLN: Ford F-150 e-truck will be built in Dearborn-MI

EVLN: Ford F-150 e-truck will be built in Dearborn-MI

https://electrek.co/2019/11/04/ford-union-plans-electric-f-150-built-in-dearborn/
Ford union deal confirms EV plans, electric F-150 will be built in Dearborn
Nov. 4th 2019  Jameson Dow

[image
https://i2.wp.com/electrek.co/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2017/01/2015-ford-f-150-svt-rapto-7_1600x0w-e1483460229929.jpg
 f-150

shares
https://twitter.com/MikeMartinez_AN/status/1190363088610103299
Michael Martinez @MikeMartinez_AN
Unlike with the GM deal, the union provided a breakdown of plant investments
for the Ford tentative deal:
View image on Twitter
2:20 PM - Nov 1, 2019

https://twitter.com/MikeMartinez_AN/status/1190370609886314496
]

Ford renegotiated its union contract last week, coming to a relatively
speedy agreement between the automaker and its workers. The agreement
includes a detailed breakdown of plant investments, including which cars
will be made where.

Of particular note, the list of cars includes two full electric vehicles
(F-150 and Transit), two plug-in hybrids (Escape and Lincon Corsair), and
multiple other conventional hybrids. The electric F-150 will be built
alongside the standard F-150 in Ford’s main truck plant in Dearborn,
Michigan, where Ford also plans to produce batteries for the electric F-150.
While the Mach E is not specifically mentioned, “Mustang derivatives” are,
and it looks like that car will be built in Flat Rock, Michigan.

This swift negotiation comes a few weeks after the resolution of a strike at
competitor General Motors, which lasted more than a month and cost the
company billions of dollars.

Worker negotiations have included discussions over advanced powertrain
strategy in recent years, with some union leaders wanting to secure
long-term viability for jobs in the face of massive change in the auto
industry.

GM’s negotiation involved GM dangling the prospect of electric truck
production as a way to get workers back to work.  And Audi’s worker union
made similar demands for EV production not too long ago.

Ford’s deal details investments and vehicle lines for each Ford plant in the
US.  Most plants look like they will see a continuation of current vehicle
lines, with PHEVs and BEVs being added at three plants:

Dearborn gets the electric F-150 and will build batteries onsite, while
Kansas City will build an all-new Transit BEV, and Louisville will produce
Ford Escape and Lincoln Corsair PHEVs.

Ford has many PHEV models (branded “energi”), but most of them have small
batteries, and we generally have not covered them at Electrek. While we
don’t know the specs of the Escape and Corsair yet, it’s suspected that they
will have relatively small 20-mile-ish batteries, similar to many of Ford’s
other PHEV offerings.

The Ford plan also details powertrain investments, with a couple mentions of
electric powertrains:

EVs will get a new BEV transmission line at Ford’s Livonia, Michigan,
transmission plant. The Van Dyke plant in Sterling Heights will build
electric motors and transaxles. The Rawsonville plant in Ypsilanti will
build batteries, but those will be for Ford’s conventional hybrids.

We have no details yet on the Transit BEV, but considering that the Transit
is primarily for the European market, it may not come to the US. Ford does
sell the smaller Transit Connect in the US, and previously has produced some
electric versions of this van through a partnership with Azure Dynamics, but
only a couple thousand were built before production stopped in 2012.

It also looks like Ford’s upcoming “Mustang-inspired” Mach E electric
crossover will be built in Flat Rock. That entry mentions “all new Mustang,
including derivates.” We can find no other mention of the Mach E, so suspect
that it will fall under this umbrella.

In other Mach E news, Ford announced today that it’s teaming up with Idris
Elba to promote the car, in advance of its unveiling on November 17.

While Ford doesn’t make any EVs at the moment (they stopped building the
Ford Focus electric, which was only a retrofit anyway, last year), they’re
among the automakers who are talking the biggest talk about their future in
electric vehicles.

The company claimed last year that it’s going “all-in” on EVs after a change
in company leadership, and the new CEO Jim Hackett formed a new internal
team, called “Team Edison,” to oversee electric car programs.  Last month
they announced big EV charging plans in partnership with Greenlots and
Amazon, and earlier this year Ford invested $500 million into Rivian after
the startup electric truck stole last year’s LA Auto Show.

They’ve also moved some combustion engine investment into electric cars,
though their investments are still majority-combustion. So they’re not quite
“all in” yet, at least not as far as, say, Daimler, who recently announced
that they would stop developing internal combustion entirely.

Ford also agreed with California (along with BMW, Honda, and VW) earlier
this year to voluntarily meet higher emissions standards in the face of
federal efficiency rollbacks. Much of the rest of the industry, including
GM, FCA, and Toyota, recently came down on the side of more pollution.

And the F-150 is the best-selling vehicle in America, which means an
electric version is a big deal toward EV sales and public perception of
electric vehicles.
[© electrek.co]

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ford-changing-electric-car-plans-uaw
Ford changing electric car plans, new UAW agreement suggests
Ford may be shifting its electric car strategy. The terms of the new
agreement, released by the UAW, say that the plant will ...
Electric Ford F-150's shocking secret revealed
Ford is working on an electric F-150 pickup that will be going on sale in a
couple of years, but its powertrain isn't the only thing that makes it
special. A prototype spotted on public roads reveals it may also have a
fully-independent suspension ...
https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2019/11/ev1.jpg

+
https://www.gapurabali.com/news/2019/10/30/bali-counting-down-era-electric-vehicles/1572386766
Bali counting down to an era of electric vehicles
2019/10/30 ... Bali Gov., Wayan Koster, led a convoy of 35+ electric:
motorcycles, cars, Bajas and bicycles around Denpasar last Sunday to welcome
an 'era of electric vehicles.' ... Koster hopes exposing electric vehicles
at this car-free time will help people to understand they are safe and
environmentally friendly ... (zoe EVs shown)
https://www.gapurabali.com/sites/default/files/styles/article-full/public/image_courtesy_of_pxhere.jpg?itok=KMhp6lCj
http://www.balipost.com/news/2019/03/28/71809/Program-Nangun-Sat-Kerthi-Loka...html
Nangun Sat Kerthi Loka Bali
2019/03/28 ... concept focused around balance between the physical and the
spiritual in nature, the community and in Balinese culture ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://www.evdl.org/archive/

Re: EVLN: Ford F-150 e-truck will be built in Dearborn-MI

Is there any mention of the price range and range of the electric F-150?