EVLN: INR50k/$380 Onkar's DIY 200kg/441lb ultralight-nEV r:150km/93mi ts:50kph/31mph

EVLN: INR50k/$380 Onkar's DIY 200kg/441lb ultralight-nEV r:150km/93mi ts:50kph/31mph

brucedp

% Onkar's nEV is named after a courageous mother: Hirkani, who lived in the 1600s ...
Six 12V batteries seen at the rear of Onkar's nEV provide a 2kWh 72V pack.
%

http://www.mycoolbin.com/2017/08/22/nagpur-teenager-builds-eco-friendly-electric-car-scrap-pieces/
Nagpur teenager builds eco-friendly electric car out of scrap pieces
August 22, 2017  Monika Thakur

[images
http://www.mycoolbin.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/nagpur-teenager-builds-eco-friendly-electric-car.jpg
nagpur teenager builds eco-friendly electric car

http://www.mycoolbin.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/nagpur-teenager-builds-eco-friendly-electric-car-1.jpg

http://www.mycoolbin.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/nagpur-teenager-builds-eco-friendly-electric-car-2.jpg
]

It’s good to know that how people are making effort to reuse old objects for reducing their environmental impact. Onkar Talmale, a 19-year-old boy from Nagpur, is in headlines for making an eco-friendly electric car that he has made completely out of scrap pieces. To build this electric car, named ‘Hirkani,’ he has used an old plastic drum, a couple of buckets, and a few pieces of scrap pipes and iron rods.

The old plastic drum is turned into the bonnet, plastic buckets are used as front seats with storage space, and scrapped iron rods and pipes are being used as chassis of the electric car. The seats also have space to store away things.

What makes his work even more commendable is the fact that he neither has an engineering background nor had any prior experience in automobiles. He has managed to create this green automobile out of sheer interest, using the pocket money of Rs 50,000 that he had saved over the years.

Talmale took about a month to develop this eco-friendly car, which measures 10-feet in length and weighs around 200kg. The car even features two headlamps up front, tail lamps at the rear and can be fully charged with two units of electricity. On a single charge, the battery-powered car can last for up to four hours on the road.

Currently studying at air rifle shooting course in Pune, Talmale recently drove this self-made car from his institute to Amaravati and back. His road trip of 150km did not require recharging the car in between.

It’s absolutely amazing to know that this teenager with no experience in automobiles has created a functional electric car that even reputed car makers take years to build. We think Talmale can give some serious inputs to create India’s futuristic green electric cars.
[© 2017 MyCoolBin]

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/nagpur/city-boy-builds-eco-friendly-electric-car-using-scrap/articleshow/60149002.cms
Nagpur boy builds eco-friendly electric car using scrap
Aug 21, 2017  TNN

NAGPUR: What can one create using a broken plastic drum, a couple of buckets, and a few pieces of scrap iron rods and pipes, all of which were thrown out as garbage? In the case of 19-year-old Onkar Talmale, it is a car.

Studying at an air rifle shooting course in Pune, Talmale has no background in automobile engineering or any related field. He made the eco-friendly car out of sheer interest and diligence. Using the pocket money of Rs50,000 that he had saved over the years, Talmale made an electric car and even drove it to Amravati and back.

This is not the first time that he has made something out of waste. At 14, he had created a mobile charger using a bicycle.

Talmale is a resident of Dattawadi and studied at Dharampeth High School.His father runs a small stationary shop. "I have wanted a vehicle. For the last two years, I have been saving pocket money as I wanted to invest it in something that I would create on my own. Eventually I got the idea of developing this car," said Talmale.

He has named this car, which took him about a month to develop, 'Hirkani'. It can seat two persons. In the creation of his 'Hirkani', Talmale has used a 200 litre broken water drum lying waste at his home as the bonnet. Two old buckets have been used to make the seats.

The two seats, covered with lids, also double up as storage for a journey. The chassis has been made out of scrap iron rods and pipes.

"Its maximum speed limit is 50km/hour. It takes two units [2kWh] of electricity to charge it completely. It has enough battery backup to run for about four hours in one go," Talmale said. The car has two front and two rear lights, and is 10 foot long. It weighs around 200kg.

About two months back Talmale made a trip to Amravati and back. "We covered the 150km distance in about 4 hours and 20 minutes. We took a break of 20 minutes during the drive. The journey was completed as we had planned, the car ride was smooth, and it required no charging in between," he added proudly.
[© 2017 Bennett, Coleman & Co]

https://www.nyoooz.com/news/nagpur/899967/city-boy-builds-ecofriendly-electric-car-using-scrap/
City boy builds eco-friendly electric car using scrap
21 Aug 2017  TOI Nagpur.in

Summary: Eventually I got the idea of developing this car," said Talmale.He has named this car, which took him about a month to develop, 'Hirkani'. He made the eco-friendly car out of sheer interest and diligence. The journey was completed as we had planned, the car ride was smooth, and it required no charging in between," he added proudly. The chassis has been made out of scrap iron rods and pipes.
Nagpur: What can one create using a broken plastic drum, a couple of buckets, and a few pieces of scrap iron rods and pipes, all of which were thrown out as garbage?
[© nyoooz.com]
https://article.wn.com/view/2017/08/21/Nagpur_boy_builds_ecofriendly_electric_car_using_scrap/
Nagpur boy builds eco-friendly electric car using scrap
2017-08-21 - In the case of 19-year-old Onkar Talmale, it is a car. ... broken plastic drum, a couple of buckets, and a few pieces of scrap iron rods and pipes ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagpur
Nagpur is the winter capital, a sprawling metropolis and the third largest city of the Indian state of Maharashtra after Mumbai and Pune. Nagpur is 13th largest ...
https://goo.gl/maps/V5g85ZKAKut
(map)  Nagpur to Amravati, Maharashtra, India   2 h 27 min 152 km
[dated]
http://www.india-intro.com/religion/festivals/may/293-mothers-day-story-of-hirkani-hitkani.html
Mothers Day - Story of Hirkani (Hitkani)
May 5, 2010 - A mother's day special story of a courageous mother Hirkani (Hitkani) who lived in the 1600s. 400 years later her story of courage inspires ...
https://www.quora.com/How-many-indian-units-of-power-does-a-100-watt-bulb-consume-in-1-hour
How many indian units of power does a 100 watt bulb consume in 1 hour?
Mar 31 2017  Keval Pandya, Student of Science
First of all, there is no specified indian units. An electrical unit of energy is equal to 1 kWh ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

{brucedp.neocities.org}