EVLN: JLR I-PACE e-SUV 4tennis-champ& WWF ambassador Murray (v)

EVLN: JLR I-PACE e-SUV 4tennis-champ& WWF ambassador Murray (v)

https://reneweconomy.com.au/tennis-champ-andy-murray-goes-electric-with-jaguar-i-pace-41463/
Tennis champ Andy Murray goes electric with Jaguar I-PACE
7 June 2018  Bridie Schmidt

[images
https://reneweconomy.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/jaguar.jpg

https://reneweconomy.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/jaguar-2-copy.jpg

video
https://youtu.be/XhG_GOAsnCM
Jaguar I-PACE | Andy Murray Goes Electric
]

Three-time tennis Grand Slam champion Andy Murray has become one of the
first owners of Jaguar Land Rover’s all-electric I-PACE SUV, making good on
his Earth Hour promise to switch to electric driving.

The silver-grey I-PACE was delivered to Murray on Tuesday by Panasonic
Jaguar Racing driver, Nelson Piquet Jr – you can watch that unfold in the
video below.

WWF ambassador Murray said he’d made the decision to switch to an EV as part
of a broader commitment to look after the planet.

“I always quite wanted to drive an electric car,” the Scot told Piquet Jr
during a test drive of the I-PACE.

“Anything I can do to try and help raise awareness for subjects that are
important to me I try to use my platform and hopefully going electric with
my car as well will do that.

“I think it’s a great looking car, really quiet, and it features some very
innovative technology,” Murray said. “In the long run, you’ll save so much
money as well.

“It’s clean and safe, but also has the world class design and sports
performance that suits my lifestyle.”

In choosing the Jaguar I-PACE, Murray joins a growing league of stars and
celebrities making the switch to electric vehicles.

Both pop star Justin Bieber and talk show host Oprah Winfrey are owners of
EVs – Bieber received an electric Fisker Karma for his 18th birthday, while
Winfrey got herself a Tesla S back in 2015.

More recently, a converted Jaguar E-Type Concept Zero got the royal
treatment when the newly married Prince Harry and Meghan Markle joined the
electric revolution driving the electric convertible to a reception.

While the E-Type certainly has some smooth retro lines, all the talk with
Murray is certain now to be about performance.

Its ground-breaking rapid charging from zero to 80 per cent in 45 minutes
and range of up to 480km makes the SUV a model of sustainable sports car
performance, and Jaguar hopes it will find its place ”at the forefront of
the electric vehicle revolution.”

As we have reported, Jaguar’s electric SUV is not due in Australia until
October, when it will be available at around $A119,000.

Jaguar Land Rover is also spending up to $4 million rolling out 150 changing
stations in Australia, ahead of the local I-PACE release.
[© reneweconomy.com.au]
[dated]
www.andymurray.com/news/andy-becomes-global-ambassador-for-wwf/
Andy Murray becomes global ambassador for WWF
Nov 6, 2014 - Andy has today become a global ambassador for WWF supporting
the fight against poaching and illegal wildlife trade ...

+
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nargessbanks/2018/06/10/jaguar-ipace/#71d8848c72c8
Driven, The Seductive Jaguar I-Pace Performance Electric SUV
Jun 10, 2018  The I-Pace is Jaguar's first wholly electric product. It is
also a practical SUV and a performance car. It looks superb in the metal too
for the design is daring ...
https://thumbor.forbes.com/thumbor/960x0/https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fnargessbanks%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F06%2F1.-Jaguar_I-Pace.jpg