EVLN: Jaguar I-Pace production version unveiled r:240mi c:100kW

EVLN: Jaguar I-Pace production version unveiled r:240mi c:100kW

https://electrek.co/2018/03/01/jaguar-i-pace-all-electric-production/
Jaguar officially unveils production version of all-electric I-Pace:
240-mile range, 100 kW charging, and more
Mar. 1st 2018  Fred Lambert

[images
https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/jipace19mylocation01031837-e1519930040529.jpg

https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/jipace19mystudio01031825.jpg

https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/jipace19mystudio01031830.jpg

https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/jipace19mycgiskidsideprof01031804.jpg

https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/jipace19mycgiskidplan01031801.jpg

https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/jipace19mycgiskid01031803.jpg
]

 Jaguar officially unveils production version of all-electric I-Pace:
240-mile range, 100 kW charging, and more

Jaguar has officially unveiled its production version of its first
all-electric vehicle: the I-Pace.

After already releasing many of the specs over the last year, we didn’t get
many surprises today, but the automaker did confirm all the production specs
and the price is apparently much higher than anticipated

To Jaguar’s credit, the production version looks very similar to the
concept, which is not often the case in the industry.

And just like the concept, the vehicle’s design is quite stunning and
already received a lot of praise. The exterior is just as slick as it was
when it was just a concept, while the interior received a more significant
update in the production version.

Here are a bunch of new images of the vehicle that they unveiled today as
part of their ‘global digital launch’ (the debut will be at the Geneva show
next week) ...

As for the powertrain, the company now says that the 90 kWh battery will
enable “an estimated range of 240 miles”, but they say that it is not the
EPA estimate.

The company has previously referenced an EPA estimate of “220 miles” on a
single charge.

Jaguar also clarified the vehicle charging capacity:

    “Owners will be able to achieve a 0-80 percent battery charge in around
40 minutes using publicly available 100kW DC rapid charging facilities. Home
charging with a 230V/32A AC wall box (7kW) will achieve the same state of
charge (0-80 percent) in just over ten hours – ideal for overnight
charging.”

The vehicle is only offered in one powertrain version, but several different
trims are available with more features.

The company hasn’t released all the prices per market yet and says that it
will reveal more at the Geneva Auto Show next week. But Jaguar retailers can
apparently already take orders right now and the prices have been reported
in the UK:

    Jaguar i-Pace S: £63,495 (~$87,000 USD)
    Jaguar i-Pace SE: £69,495 (~$95,400 USD)
    Jaguar i-Pace HSE: £74,495 (~$102,200 USD)

It’s significantly higher than originally anticipated, but it is about what
we have been expecting since a few leaks from Europe late last year.

Here’s Jaguar’s press release in full:

    JAGUAR CHARGES AHEAD WITH ALL-NEW ELECTRIC I-PACE

    –       Jaguar unveils all-electric I-PACE in live global webcast from
the vehicle’s manufacturing facility in Graz, Austria

    –       Reveal hosted by British comedian and actor, Jack Whitehall, TV
presenter and EV enthusiast, Jonny Smith and American tech guru, iJustine

    –       Nine year olds Lola and Hudson give Jack Whitehall an I-PACE
technology tour: https://youtu.be/OnHmcE7By70

    –       Designed from the outset as a premium electric vehicle (EV), the
mid-size Jaguar I-PACE SUV offers a bold aerodynamic design and interior
space comparable to a larger vehicle

    –       Electrifying all-wheel drive performance from twin
Jaguar-designed electric motors delivers 0-60mph acceleration in 4.5
seconds1

    –       90kWh lithium-ion battery delivers an estimated 240 mile
all-electric range2; EV navigation provides range-optimized routing options

    –       Unique aluminum-intensive EV architecture delivers a rigid body
structure and 50:50 weight distribution

    –       Public fast charging from 0-80 percent achievable in 40 minutes
using a 100kW DC charger3

    –       ‘Smart Settings’ use artificial intelligence algorithms to learn
driving habits and tailor the I-PACE to individual driver preferences

    –       Software-Over-The-Air (SOTA) wireless updates available to
ensure customers have access to the latest vehicle software

    –       Customer peace of mind from 8-year/100,000 mile battery
warranty4 and Best-in-Class Jaguar EliteCare ownership package5

    –       U.S. customer deliveries to begin during the second half of 2018

    –       Since the debut of the Jaguar I-PACE Concept, U.S. customers
have been registering their interest to purchase the new Jaguar I-PACE at
www.jaguarusa.com

    –       As of today, Jaguar retailers can begin placing customer orders
for the new I-PACE

    –       Pricing to be announced in conjunction with the vehicle’s public
debut at the Geneva Motor Show on March 6 at 8:00AM EST

    (MAHWAH, N.J.) – March 1, 2018 – Today, the Jaguar I-PACE, the first
all-electric production vehicle from the Jaguar brand, has been unveiled to
the world in a live webcast. Clean, smart and offering a wealth of driver
assistance features, the Jaguar I-PACE delivers sports car performance,
artificial intelligence (AI) enabled technologies and five-seat SUV
practicality.

    British comedian and actor, Jack Whitehall, self-proclaimed EV
enthusiast and TV presenter Jonny Smith and American tech guru iJustine,
hosted a special live show as the first I-PACE rolled off the production
line in at the Jaguar Land Rover manufacturing facility in Graz, Austria,
where the car will be built.

    When it came to explaining the technology behind I-PACE, host comedian
Jack Whitehall enlisted the help of the Jaguar brand’s newest vehicle
experts, nine year olds Lola and Hudson. Watch here:
https://youtu.be/OnHmcE7By70

    A documentary, titled ‘Fully Charged’ aired at the end of the webcast,
giving a behind-the-scenes insight into the creators of the Jaguar I-PACE.
Watch it here: https://youtu.be/tsqUy4VEJ4c

    Designed and engineered in the UK, the I-PACE will be built in Graz,
Austria, as part of Jaguar Land Rover’s manufacturing partnership with Magna
Steyr. It joins the growing family of Jaguar SUVs, alongside the all-new
E-PACE and multiple award-winning F-PACE.

    “We set out with a clean sheet approach to harness new battery electric
technology with an architecture engineered from the outset to optimize EV
performance, aerodynamics and interior space. The result is the I-PACE – a
true Jaguar and a truly driver-focused EV,” said Ian Hoban, Jaguar Vehicle
Line Director.

    ELECTRIC

    With a 432 pouch cell, 90kWh, lithium-ion battery pack, the I-PACE
delivers an estimated range of 240 miles2. Owners will be able to achieve a
0-80 percent battery charge in around 40 minutes using publicly available
100kW DC rapid charging facilities3. Home charging with a 230V/32A AC wall
box (7kW) will achieve the same state of charge (0-80 percent) in just over
ten hours – ideal for overnight charging3.

    A suite of smart range-optimizing technologies includes a battery
pre-conditioning system which allows the vehicle to warm or cool its
battery, and cabin, to an optimal temperature while plugged in to power. By
allowing the vehicle to do this while still connected to power, the system
reduces the need for the vehicle to tap into its driving range to reach
optimal operating temperature.

    PERFORMANCE

    Two Jaguar-designed concentric electric motors – which feature
driveshafts passing through the motors themselves for compactness – are
placed at each axle, producing exceptional performance and all-wheel drive,
multi-surface traction.

    The high torque density and high-energy efficiency characteristics of
the motors combine to deliver sports car performance, launching the I-PACE
from a standing start to 60mph in 4.5 seconds1. This instantaneous
performance is matched with exceptional ride comfort and engaging driving
dynamics Jaguar customers have come to expect.

    The aluminum architecture uses advanced riveting and bonding technology
to deliver a light, stiff body structure. Together with the structural
battery pack, it has a torsional rigidity of 36kNm/degree – the highest of
any current Jaguar vehicle.

    The battery is placed centrally between the two axles, and as low as
possible with a seal between the housing and the underfloor. This location
enables a 50:50 weight distribution and a low center of gravity. Together
with the advanced double wishbone front and an Integral Link rear suspension
with standard Active Air Suspension and optional configurable Adaptive
Dynamics, this packaging delivers agile handling and outstanding ride
comfort.

    DESIGN

    The Jaguar I-PACE is designed and engineered to take full advantage of
its smart electric powertrain, maximizing the potential of packaging
benefits EVs inherently bring.

    Its sleek, coupe-like silhouette was influenced by the Jaguar C-X75
supercar concept; drawing inspiration for its short, low hood, aero-enhanced
roof design and curved rear window from the concept. This cab-forward design
contrasts with its squared-off rear, helping reduce the coefficient of drag
to just 0.29Cd. To optimize the balance between cooling and aerodynamics,
the I-PACE relies on Active Vanes in the grille which open when cooling is
required and close when not needed; redirecting air through the integral
hood scoop, further smoothing airflow around the vehicle.

    Inside, customers will experience a spacious cabin highlighted by the
Jaguar brand’s exquisite attention to detail and sophisticated materials –
including the option of a premium textile Kvadrat interior.

    Although classed as a mid-sized SUV by its physical footprint, the cab
forward design and packaging of the EV powertrain mean the I-PACE offers
interior space comparable to a larger vehicle. The I-PACE affords a rear
legroom space of 35.0-in (890mm) and a useful 0.43- cu. ft. (12.3-liter)
central storage compartment in a space that would ordinarily by occupied by
a transmission tunnel in a conventional internal combustion engine (ICE)
vehicle. Also in the rear, tablet and laptop storage can be found beneath
the seats; while the rear luggage compartment behind those seats offers a
25.3 cu. ft. capacity, a generous 51.0 cu. ft. is available with the second
row seats folded flat.

    CONNECTED-CAR TECHNOLOGY

    The Jaguar I-PACE introduces the Jaguar InControl® Touch Pro Duo™
infotainment system to Jaguar. First debuting on the Range Rover Velar and
later on the 2018 Range Rover and Range Rover Sport, Touch Pro Duo relies on
a pair of innovative touchscreens which work in conjunction with capacitive
sensors and tactile physical controls, to make the new system intuitive to
use6.

    A new EV navigation system built into Touch Pro Duo calculates
personalized range and charging status to assist with driver confidence. To
gather this data, the Touch Pro Duo system analyzes the topography of the
selected route to the destination and aggregates that information with
insights from previous journeys, including individual driving styles.

    The advanced system uses ‘Smart Settings’ technology – driven by
Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms – to identify individual driver
preferences, and then tailors the vehicle’s driving and interior settings
accordingly.

    The I-PACE will also launch an Amazon Alexa Skill linked to the Jaguar
InControl Remote App. Owners will be able to ask an Alexa-enabled device for
information such as “Is my car locked?,” “What is the charging level?,” and
“Do I have enough range to get to work?” among other things.

    To ensure customers always have access to the latest infotainment,
telematics and battery energy control software, the I-PACE will also be the
first Jaguar to provide Software-Over-The-Air (SOTA) updates.
[© electrek.co]

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/jaguar-reveals-production-ready-i-pace-electric-suv
Jaguar reveals production-ready I-Pace electric SUV
Mar 1, 2018  “The shape of this has been in my head for a long time. How
could you do a mid-engined family car? Well you can't because you've got to
put the kids in the back, so this was my opportunity. It just unshackles you
from so many things.” The result of this unshackling is a front end that's
as short and stubby as crash regulation ...
https://www.topgear.com/sites/default/files/styles/fit_1960x1102/public/images/news-article/carousel/2018/03/4f82b1e7441dc86f8cb4880ce34dab98/j_i-pace_19my_studio_image_010318_14.jpg?itok=zTK9XRCd

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/01/jaguars-first-electric-vehicle-the-i-pace-has-a-cool-alexa-skill.html
Jaguar reveals first-ever electric SUV
1 March 2018  Like the concept vehicle, the I-Pace has a very short hood
allowing for as much room as possible inside. The I-Pace will have only two
rows of seats, not three like the larger Tesla Model X. A glass sunroof runs
the length of the roof. The I-Pace will have an estimated driving range of
240 miles, according to Jaguar. Its electric ...