EVLN: Leno's McLaren P1 Supercar, 3.8L 2turbo V8 ice w/ 4 e-motors

EVLN: Leno's McLaren P1 Supercar, 3.8L 2turbo V8 ice w/ 4 e-motors

brucedp3

% Leno's way of spending the $15M Tonight-Show contract-buyout %

http://www.autospies.com/news/It-s-HERE-Jay-Leno-s-Latest-SUPERCAR-Addition-To-His-MASSIVE-Garage-Is-A-80725/
It's HERE! Jay Leno's Latest SUPERCAR Addition To His MASSIVE Garage Is A...
Agent00R  3/25/2014

[video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypDBZqbldAw
Jay Leno's McLaren P1 delivery
Taylor Stoffers· Mar 22, 2014
Driving in Beverly Hills, I was extremely lucky enough to come across the first McLaren P1 in the states being taken off the delivery truck at McLaren Beverly Hills. Glad I had my tripod! The car is the first in the states and was purchased by Jay Leno. The car is powered by a 3.8 liter twin-turbo V8 along with 4 electric motors. It is a brilliant 'Volcano Yellow' , although in this video, you'll only see it with the factory car cover still on. Enjoy! ...

image
http://www.autospies.com/images/users/Agent00R/main/mcl_p1_jl.jpg
SpyShots: Jay Leno's Latest SUPERCAR Addition
]

Are you really that surprised? Surely you can't be if you've tuned into Jay Leno's show, Jay Leno's Garage.

Leno is the proud new owner of a McLaren P1 painted Volcano Yellow, according to the poster of this clip. Though the user claims it is the first P1 in the States, we know that can't be true as there was a gorgeous white one at Miller Motorcars in Greenwich, Connecticut. This very well may be the first delivery of a customer car though.

That said, if you're intrigued about Jay Leno's latest acquisition, check out the short clip below of the car being unloaded off the truck while being filmed for his web-based television show. It's actually a pretty neat clip as you hear both of the P1's power supplies at work. First the fuel-fed motor and then the electric motors.

Driving in Beverly Hills, I was extremely lucky enough to come across the first McLaren P1 in the states being taken off the delivery truck at McLaren Beverly Hills. Glad I had my tripod! The car is the first in the states and was purchased by Jay Leno. The car is powered by a 3.8 liter twin-turbo V8 along with 4 electric motors. It is a brilliant 'Volcano Yellow' , although in this video, you'll only see it with the factory car cover still on. Enjoy!
[© autospies.com]
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/nbc-pay-jay-leno-15m-leave-tonight-article-1.1307259
NBC to give Jay Leno $15M to leave 'Tonight Show' before contract expires
April 3, 2013

For all EVLN posts use:
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=evln&sort=date

{brucedp.150m.com}