EVLN: Lucid moves hq2 Newark-CA> AZ factory under funded (v)

EVLN: Lucid moves hq2 Newark-CA> AZ factory under funded (v)

'rumors of a Ford takeover'

https://electrek.co/2017/11/27/lucid-motors-new-headquarters-electric-car-factory/
Lucid Motors expands in new headquarters, still no word on electric car
factory
Nov. 27th 2017  Fred Lambert

[images
https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/lucid-motors-headquarters-05-1920x1264-e1511803449739.jpg?quality=82&w=1024#038;strip=all&w=1600
EVs  lucid-motors-headquarters

https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/lucid-motors-headquarters-03-1000x500.jpg?quality=82&strip=all&w=996&h=498
rendering of the new headquarters

video  flash
Lucid Air prototypes moving to the new location
]

Last time we heard about Lucid Motors, a US-based startup developing
electric vehicles, they were having difficulties raising a round of
financing to start building their factory in Arizona [
https://electrek.co/2017/07/18/lucid-motors-talks-ford-takeover-ev-startup/
].

Today, the startup announced that it outgrew its headquarters in Menlo Park
and it is expanding to new headquarters in Newark, California.

The company wrote in a press release:

    “As we move closer to realizing our vision for the future of luxury
mobility, we are outgrowing our Menlo Park headquarters and are in need of a
new location that will allow for expansion. We are excited to announce that
in late 2017 we will begin moving into the Pacific Research Center. The new
facility, located just east of the Dumbarton Bridge in Newark, California,
is twice the size of our current location. It is also just a few blocks from
Lucid’s prototype shop, where the Lucid Air was first revealed at a private
event in late 2016.”

Electrek’s Take

While we are glad to see Lucid still alive and kicking, we are more
interested in them making a reality of their $700 million EV factory to
bring the Lucid Air to production than new headquarters.

By all accounts, the Lucid Air is a solid electric vehicle with impressive
performance and they are trying to bring it to market at an attractive price
point. It would be nice to see it in the hands of customers.

A Lucid Motors spokesperson told Electrek that the start of construction at
the factory is still dependent on the closing of their Series D, which they
have reportedly been trying to raise since April.

It’s hard to gauge to odds of the startup finally closing the round at this
point, but we sure hope they do.

This summer, there were also rumors that Lucid was in talks with Ford for a
takeover of the EV startup, which could potentially also be an option.
[© electrek.co]

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/27/lucid-motors-moves-to-bigger-headquarters-in-teslas-backyard.html
Electric-car start-up Lucid Motors moves to bigger headquarters in ...
27 Nov 2017 ... There have been some reports in 2017 that Lucid has fielded
offers from potential buyers, including Ford, according to Recode ... Lucid
Air is billed as a high-performance luxury electric sedan, Rawlinson has
said he thinks the company's true competitors are the high-end German
automakers ...
https://fm.cnbc.com/applications/cnbc.com/resources/img/editorial/2017/04/13/104403056-IMG_2445.530x298.JPG?v=1511799851