EVLN: Mahindra SsangYong 2019-24 plans dual(crew)-cab electric ute(pu-truck)

EVLN: Mahindra SsangYong 2019-24 plans dual(crew)-cab electric ute(pu-truck)

https://evbulletin.com/content/ssangyong-outlines-2019-2024-product-plans-building-electric-dual-cab-ute
SsangYong outlines 2019-2024 product plans; building electric dual-cab ute
30 July 2018  Chris Turner

[image
https://evbulletin.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/ssangyong-ute.jpg?itok=iwHuPruV
]

SsangYong outlines 2019-2024 product plans; building electric dual-cab ute

During a recent presentation to Australian journalists in South Korea,
automaker SsangYong shared some pertinent information about its plans for
the vehicles it intends to launch in the period between 2019 and 2024.

The presentation by Ssang Yong has come a few months ahead of the brand’s
scheduled relaunch in South Korea in November 2018. Earlier this decade, the
Ssang Yong fell into receivership and faced bankruptcy, but Indian giant
Mahindra saved the company by purchasing it.

In its recently-held presentation, the Ssang Yong told Australian
journalists that it plans to launch two new-generation SUV models as well as
an MPV product in the mentioned time period. In addition, the automaker also
revealed that it has efforts underway to also launch an electric-powered
crossover and dual-cab ute (or pick-up).

The disclosure by SsangYong implies that the company may possibly be the
first automaker to bring a battery-powered dual-cab ute to the market.

According to the details revealed by Ssang Yong, the company’s dual-cab ute
will be a Musso-sized electric vehicle which is presently in an “advanced
work for 2024” stage. About the electric ute, Dan RIM -- Executive Director
of Exports at Ssang Yong -- said: “We’re still developing this concept [but]
I think we’re launching around 2023, it’s changing but it depends on the
different country’s regulations.”
[© evbulletin.com]
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=SsangYong&sort=date

+
https://cleantechnica.com/2018/07/27/30-new-byd-electric-cars-go-to-brazilian-municipal-civil-guard/
30 New BYD Electric Cars Go To Brazilian Municipal Civil Guard
July 27th, 2018  The Brazilian city of São José dos Campos is electrifying
the fleet of vehicles used by the Secretariat of Citizen Protection ...
https://cleantechnica.com/files/2018/07/byd-brazil-sao-jose-dos-campos-guarda-570x380.png