EVLN: Motiv delivery e-vans for (Grupo) Bimbo Bakeries USA

EVLN: Motiv delivery e-vans for (Grupo) Bimbo Bakeries USA

https://www.bakingbusiness.com/articles/48467-bimbo-bakeries-to-incorporate-electric-vehicles-into-california
Bimbo Bakeries to incorporate electric vehicles into California
04.25.2019  Eric Schroeder

[image  / Bimbo Bakeries USA, Utilimaster Corp.
https://www.bakingbusiness.com/ext/resources/2019/4/04222019/BimboTruck_Lead.jpg
Bimbo Bakeries electric truck
]

FOSTER CITY, CALIF. — Bimbo Bakeries USA has signed a five-vehicle purchase
order with Motiv Power Systems for electric delivery vans. The vehicles will
feature Motiv’s all-electric EPIC 6 chassis with step van bodies built by
Utilimaster Corp.

The delivery vans will feature a highly modular cargo area and multiple door
configurations to provide versatility. The vehicles will be deployed for
product delivery in Ceres, Calif.

“Sustainability is built into our company’s purpose — building a
sustainable, highly productive and deeply humane company,” said Eric McCann,
field service manager for Bimbo Bakeries USA. “We are continuously looking
for new ways to preserve the environment and reduce our carbon footprint.
Incorporating these vehicles into our fleet is an important step toward
reducing our fleet’s dependence on fossil fuels, and we look forward to
introducing the EPIC platform into our supply chain.”

Matt O’Leary, chief executive officer of Motiv, said last-mile delivery of
baked foods is “a perfect case for EPIC based step vans.”

“These are high-volume, low-weight applications operating on fixed routes,”
Mr. O’Leary said. “As such, they are particularly well-suited for
electrification.”

B.B.U. debuted a fleet of vehicles fueled by emissions-reducing,
domestically produced propane autogas in early 2016. The trucks were
equipped with Roush CleanTech fuel technology and operated in three of
B.B.U.’s major markets: Chicago, Denver and Washington.

Earlier this month B.B.U. received the 2019 Energy Star Partner of the Year
Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in recognition of its
company-wide commitment to energy management strategy and leadership in the
baking industry.
[© bakingbusiness.com]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bimbo_Bakeries_USA
 ... The name "Bimbo" was first coined in 1945 when the company switched
from Super Pan S.A. A blend of the words "bingo" and "Bambi" the name's
innocent, childlike associations fit the image that the company wished to
build ... has no cognate in Spanish ... Bimbo Bakeries USA's story began in
1994, when Grupo Bimbo – Mexico's largest baking company, with operations in
21 countries ...

[dated]
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Bimbo-mx-s-Moldex-building-e-taxis-with-Giant-mx-from-JAC-cn-parts-r-70km-tp4685739.html
EVLN: Bimbo.mx 's Moldex building e-taxis with Giant.mx from JAC.cn parts
r:70km
http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/slim-bimbo-bakery-to-build-electric-vehicle/
Slim, Bimbo bakery to build electric vehicle Made-in-Mexico automobile could
be ready for sale next year ...
Feb 12, 2017
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Billionaire-Slim-eyeing-electric-taxi-to-reduce-pollution-in-Mexico-City-mx-tp4686930.html
EVLN: Billionaire Slim eyeing electric taxi to reduce pollution in
Mexico_City.mx
May 30, 2017
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=bimbo&sort=date

[dated]
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-zacua-com-Nacua-EV-1-day-women-only-Production-Puebla-mx-tp4690015.html
EVLN: zacua.com Nacua EV> 1/day women-only-Production Puebla.mx
... The new Nacua: production set to begin. The new Nacua: production set to
begin ... Only women are employed at the new factory ... One car a day will
roll off the production line at the women-only plant Production of the...
May 03, 2018

+
https://electrek.co/2019/04/29/daimler-electric-truck-charging-3mw/
Daimler is working on electric truck charging rate 'up to 3MW'
Apr. 29th 2019  You will push the industry standards of electric vehicles to
the next level ... next generation advanced charging systems, ... strategies
for very high power charging up to 3 MW ...
https://i0.wp.com/electrek.co/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2018/12/18C0514_021-e1545390061439.jpg