EVLN: Peugeot e-208 EV 4sale.uk (v)

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/05/09/electric-peugeot-e-208-goes-on-sale-in-the-uk/
Electric Peugeot e-208 Goes On Sale In The UK
May 9th, 2019  Nicolas Zart

[images
https://cleantechnica.com/files/2019/03/DSCN3301-artikel.jpg
GIMS 2019 Peugeot e208 trunk inspection. Photo by Jos Olijve

https://cleantechnica.com/files/2019/02/peugeot-208-electric.jpg

https://cleantechnica.com/files/2019/02/peugeot-e-208.jpg

https://cleantechnica.com/files/2019/02/Small-15573-All-newPEUGEOT208ande-208interiors-1600x939.jpg

video
https://youtu.be/7q_uXCj_a5E
MOVE TO ELECTRIC by PEUGEOT - Electric life
]

The all-electric Peugeot e-208 is going on sale in the UK, and it’s not a
minute too soon. Actually, despite the announcement, you can’t actually
order the car until late summer, for delivery in 2020, but we’re getting
closer.

Peugeot says UK customers are excited about the e-208. It writes, “On the
day of its world premiere at the Geneva Motor Show, a customer contacted
their local UK Dealer, and placed a deposit on the e-208 before the
reservation site had even opened!” (Be honest, CleanTechnica readers — was
that one of you?)

Peugeot maneuvered stormy financial difficulties just a few years ago and is
now offering a great electrifiable platform.

The new Peugeot 208 range gives you the “freedom to choose a powertrain
without having to compromise on technology,” the company says — which does
sugar coat a transitional approach that includes internal combustion engine
(ICE) alternatives. Who really needs the petrol and diesel these days?

The Peugeot e-208 uses a 50 kWh battery pack to power a 100 kW electric
motor for an estimated 211-mile range (WLTP) on a full charge. The Peugeot
e-208 can use 100 kW rapid charging or home outlets. Fast charging gives it
an 80% charge in around 30 minutes.

Electrified versions of all of the brand’s models are supposed to be
available by 2023. Well, they probably have to be. Otherwise, Peugeot will
be facing stiff fines or will need to buy credits from someone like Tesla,
like Fiat is doing.

According to David Peel, Managing Director of PEUGEOT UK:

“We’re delighted that our all-new PEUGEOT 208 reservation site has now
opened. This is a hugely exciting model for us. Not only does the all-new
PEUGEOT 208 deliver on our promise of sharp styling, uncompromising quality
and an instinctive driving experience, but the 208 features our first new
generation fully electric vehicle, the all-new PEUGEOT e-208.”

The New Face of Peugeot, The Peugeot e-208

After getting beyond a tumultuous passage, we hope to see Peugeot develop
some more electric cars designed electric from the ground up. The small
roads with smaller distances in Europe are an ideal fit for electric
driving, and battery technology is mature enough to offer compelling
electric vehicles that fit every taste.

Peugeot adds more details for those interested in possibly buying an e-208
in the UK: “Prior to the actual opening of orders, those customers who
placed a reservation will be contacted by PEUGEOT to confirm their order
choice and ascertain if they would like to transact online or via their
local PEUGEOT Dealer. Once demonstrators arrive in the UK, these customers
will then be invited to be the first to experience the all-new PEUGEOT 208
for themselves. Then, they will have up to seven days to cancel their order
should they subsequently change their minds and have the £500 deposit, paid
at reservation, fully refunded.”

We would love to test drive the new Peugeot e-208 and see how it stacks up
to its older generations of wild GTIs, as well as other electric vehicles.
Peugeot, give us a ring when you have some media loaners available.

[© cleantechnica.com]

+
https://uncova.com/hyundai-ioniq-electric-gets-a-bigger-battery-and-more-range
Hyundai Ioniq Electric gets a bigger battery and more range
May 3, 2019  The car's electric motor also gets a power boost. The
Hyundai Ioniq Electric on sale now makes 118 horsepower and 218 pound-feet
of torque; the new one boosts that to 134 horsepower ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=Ioniq+Electric+bigger+battery