EVLN: Rs3+lakh/US$4.3k Bajaj Qute EV.in also for intl markets

EVLN: Rs3+lakh/US$4.3k Bajaj Qute EV.in also for intl markets

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/technology/auto/everything-we-know-about-the-bajaj-qute-electric-vehicle-4593671.html
Everything we know about the Bajaj Qute electric vehicle
Nov 01, 2019

[image
https://static-news.moneycontrol.com/static-mcnews/2019/04/right-red-new-qute-10182-LR.jpg
 Bajaj Qute EV
]

Everything we know about the Bajaj Qute electric vehicle
The standard Qute [ice] is equipped with a 216.6cc, DTS-I engine which makes
13PS of maximum power and 19Nm of peak torque.

With the storm of EVs brewing, major automobile manufacturers are upgrading
or developing their lineup of fully electric vehicles. Among them is Indian
automobile manufacturer Bajaj, who had introduced its Qute quadricycle in
2012. The car was spotted with a QCar badge and left-hand-drive, suggesting
that Bajaj is developing a Qute EV.

The standard Qute is equipped with a 216.6cc, DTS-I engine which makes 13PS
of maximum power and 19Nm of peak torque. The quadricycle aims at being a
cost-effective balance between two-wheelers and auto-rickshaws.

It is difficult to predict the power figures or capacity of the battery pack
and electric motor, as Bajaj is yet to make an official announcement. The
company has also not revealed the details of its latest fully electric
two-wheeler, the Chetak Urbanite scooter, making it difficult to get a
reference point.

Close
Considering that the Qute is a compact car, it has limited under-floor
space, as well as storage capacity. As per a report by Rushlane [
https://www.rushlane.com/bajaj-qute-qcar-electric-ev-12329569.html
], Bajaj could install a battery pack under the rear seat of the car, but it
would have to be small in dimension due to the lack of space.

Since electric powertrains are comparatively costlier than standard internal
combustion engines (ICE), it is expected that the fully electric Qute will
be priced higher than its petrol and CNG [ice] counterparts, which cost Rs
2.64 lakh and Rs 2.84 lakh respectively (both prices ex-showroom).

Considering that the test mule was spotted with a left-hand-drive, it is
expected that Bajaj will sell the Qute EV in the international markets as
well.
[© moneycontrol.com]
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=Qute&sort=date

+
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/helia-electric-car-runs-at-50mph-on-power-it-takes-to-boil-kettle-j36gg5xz7
Helia electric car runs at 50mph on power it takes to boil
kettle   (subscribe)
A car that can drive from London to the Highlands on one charge and
accelerate to 50mph using less energy than other electric vehicles has been
unveiled ... Cambridge students designed the Helia to travel to Inverness
from London on one charge ...
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/imageserver/image/methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F1876205e-fc01-11e9-a4b4-b816768ca711.jpg?crop=4216%2C2371%2C59%2C936

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://www.evdl.org/archive/