EVLN: (Rumor)> Electric BMW-7Series, Dubbed the i7 EV r:700km

EVLN: (Rumor)> Electric BMW-7Series, Dubbed the i7 EV r:700km

https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/07/29/rumor-future-bmw-7-series-goes-electric/
Rumor: Future BMW 7 Series goes electric
July 29th, 2019  Horatiu Boeriu

[image
https://cdn.bmwblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/2019-BMW-745e-25.jpg
 Genf 2019 BMW 7er Facelift G11 LCI 745e M Sportpaket Live
]

One of the biggest projects in Munich this year focuses on the
next-generation BMW 7 Series. The luxurious limousine is seen as a reboot
for …

One of the biggest projects in Munich this year focuses on the
next-generation BMW 7 Series. The luxurious limousine is seen as a reboot
for the design language and one of the first vehicles to show us new design
implementations, both inside and outside the vehicle. Yet, the 7 Series
story will be much bigger than its design. For the first time ever, BMW will
offer an all-electric 7 Series model.

Dubbed, so far, as the i7, the new EV limousine is based on the fifth
generation platform which allows for both ICE and EVs.

Just like the BMW i4, due out in 2021, the electric 7 Series will not only
carry the “i” moniker, but it will also feature different power outputs and
battery packs. So for now, we’ve learned that we could see at least three
different battery packs in the i7 which translates into three different
models.

We don’t know the full details yet, but sources say that the capacity of the
battery pack could start at 80 kWh (just like the i4) and go higher than 120
kWh. BMW is already working on its next-level batteries, the
fifth-generation version offering even higher density than before. In real
life, the range of the i7, with its largest battery pack, could travel as
far as 700 km on a single charge.

“With the fifth generation of eDrive, our vehicles will be able to drive 550
to 700 kilometers on electric power, depending on the model,” former BMW CEO
Harald Krueger said last year. “We will achieve this in the BMW i4 and the
iNEXT.”

It’s fair to say that the 7 Series EV will see a similar range, if not
higher.

As for the horsepower figure, it’s bound to be quite a powerful car, with at
least 650 HP for its top model, thus probably making it one of the most
powerful cars the Germans ever made.

The new 7 Series is scheduled to enter the market in late 2021 or early
2022, so the development process is well underway.
[© bmwblog.com]

+
https://www.medianama.com/2019/07/223-electric-vehicles-tax-rates-slashed/
India slashes tax on electric vehicles to 5% from 12%
July 29, 2019   India slashed taxes on electric vehicles and chargers to 5%
from a previous GST of 12% and 18%, respectively; local authorities will
also be exempt from GST ...
https://www.medianama.com/wp-content/uploads/Electric-Vehicles.jpg