EVLN: (Spied)> New Leaf EV undisguised without Camo, Floating Roof

EVLN: (Spied)> New Leaf EV undisguised without Camo, Floating Roof

brucedp

'Photographers were chased away - but reader had taken pictures anyway'

http://www.caradvice.com.au/571894/2018-nissan-leaf-caught-undisguised/
2018 Nissan Leaf caught undisguised
20170802  James Wong

[images
http://s3.caradvice.com.au/thumb/960/477/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/2018-nissan-leaf-01-spy-photo-twitter-03.jpg

http://s3.caradvice.com.au/thumb/770/382/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/2018-nissan-leaf-01-spy-photo-twitter-01.jpg

http://s3.caradvice.com.au/thumb/770/382/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/2018-nissan-leaf-01-spy-photo-twitter-02.jpg
]

Undisguised spy photos of the upcoming 2018 Nissan Leaf have surfaced on social media this week, giving a glimpse of what the all-new EV will look like ahead of its official reveal later this year.

Posted to Twitter by user Julien Jodry (@JJODRY), the grainy trio of images show an undisguised white Leaf, though the finer design details are unclear due to the low quality of the images.

We can make out, however, the overall shape of the new electric hatchback – which actually looks quite similar to the new Micra revealed at last year’s Paris motor show.

The next-generation Leaf has been teased on several occasions by the Japanese manufacturer in recent months, ahead of the new EV’s global debut on September 6.

It’s understood the electric hatch will feature an upgraded battery pack compared to the current model, capable of between 300 and 400 kilometres on a single charge – by comparison the current Leaf has a range of between 135km and 172km depending on the battery capacity selected.

We know the Leaf will come with a new e-Pedal, which allows drives to accelerate and decelerate using just one pedal, while Nissan’s first-generation ProPilot autonomous driving technologies are also expected to feature.
[© 2017 CarAdvice.com]

http://insideevs.com/new-nissan-leaf-without-camo/
Our Best Look Yet At The New Nissan Leaf: No Camo, Floating Roof
July 31, 2017  Sebastian Blanco  Broom

[image
http://insideevs.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/new-nissan-leaf-no-camo-750x315.jpg
New Nissan Leaf without camo. Photo used with permission (via Broom)
Thanks to an observant photographer in Barcelona, we finally have a few images of the new Nissan Leaf without any camouflage.
]

You never know what you’ll see out your window.

Now that the Tesla Model 3 delivery event is over, anticipation can start building for the next big EV that will be revealed: the new Nissan Leaf. We’ve seen plenty of teasers of the second-gen model of the world’s best-selling EV over the last few months, and we know Nissan will show us the whole thing in early September, but we finally have some images of the new, longer-range electric vehicle without any of that pesky camouflage. According to Broom, in Norway, the uncovered Leaf was caught on the streets of Barcelona by an avid Broom reader.

The reader happened to be in a hotel room above what looks like a commercial shoot for the EV. Photographers on the ground were chased away, but the anonymous reader was safely able to shoot from his or her vantage point.

    “I took the pictures through the window so they are not so sharp. It was not possible to go out and take better pictures, because those who stood there and taking pictures were chased away,” the photographer told Broom.

To see more of images of the new Nissan Leaf, please visit Broom and you can see our earlier – and bigger – spy shots of the camouflaged Leaf here and here.

As for the technical specs of the car – at least, as best as we can tell right now – the new Leaf may have a range of around 165 miles and have a minimalist dashboard. Officially, Nissan has said that the second-gen Leaf will have something called an e-Pedal for heavy regenerative braking power and that it will have a lot of autonomous driving and parking features. After its debut in September, the first Leaf deliveries are scheduled for the U.S. in December.
[© 2017 MOTORSPORT NETWORK]
http://www.tv2.no/broom/9271254/
(.no>translate.google>.en)
Exclusive: One of the autumn's great Norway news is revealed
The car to the left of this picture is after all to dream new Nissan Leaf. It is a car that many Norwegians are excited about. The pictures were taken by a Broom reader on holiday in Barcelona - where a commercial movie was recorded. Photo: Private
Photographers were chased away - but Broom reader had taken pictures anyway ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/