EVLN: Tesla-S P100D passes crash tests> FIA OK's racing e-GT

EVLN: Tesla-S P100D passes crash tests> FIA OK's racing e-GT

https://electrek.co/2018/02/01/tesla-racing-championship-electric-gt-fia-model-s-p100d-crash-tests/
Tesla racing championship Electric GT gets green light from FIA after Model
S P100D passes crash tests
Feb. 1st 2018  Fred Lambert

[images
https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/electric-gt-tesla-crash.png?w=1500

https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/c73c2409-29d6-4fff-841f-ee647e8dfccc.png?w=504&h=251&quality=82&strip=all

https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/207cabd2-90ca-4546-b47c-8d110208ae3b.png?w=488&h=251&quality=82&strip=all
]

As we recently reported, the Tesla racing championship Electric GT is still
alive despite a crash and several delays.

Now, the company has received the green light from FIA after their modified
Model S P100D passed crash tests.

Electric GT announced today that its racing championship, now called the
Electric Production Car Series (EPCS), has been officially sanctioned by the
FIA, the governing body for world motorsports.

The company first planned to launch its championship with the Tesla Model S
P85+, but they instead decided to use the Tesla Model S P100D with
‘Ludicrous+’ after it was announced. They claim that a stripped-down
racetrack-ready Tesla Model S P100D  can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 2.0
seconds (0 to 100 km/h in 2.1 seconds).

The change turned out to be a good decision since they ended up crashing
their original Tesla Model S prototype race car during testing – pictured
above.

As for their modified Model S P100D, they claimed that they reduced the
weight by 1,100 lbs with biocomposite and by stripping the interior.

The new vehicle has now passed the FIA crash tests for approval. Here it
experienced a frontal collision against a rigid barrier –  a block of
concrete that weighs 130 tonnes covered with a 19mm wooden plate – at a
speed of 14 m/s (50.4 kph):

The vehicle was supposed to debut at their first official race in November,
but it was delayed and instead replaced by a “Day of Light” event during
which they made several announcements and unveiled the supporting events
around their championship, like a virtual reality race and e-kart race.

But now with FIA’s approval, they say that they can move forward.

Electric GT CEO Mark Gemmell said:

    “This is such an exciting day for us as we confirm that the Electric
Production Car Series has been officially sanctioned by the FIA. We respect
the FIA and we are honoured to have their support ahead of our inaugural
season.”

They released all the rules and regulations of the series for the 10 teams
and 20 drivers. Here’s a quick summary of them:

    “Electric GT Holdings Inc. has also published the EPCS sporting
regulations, which include a three-heat (585kW) qualifying format. Rounds
will include a day race (60km) and a dusk race (60km). EPCS race power will
be set to a maximum of 585kW (778hp).

    An innovative “Drift Off” competition will also take place at suitable
circuits, where fans will see the top two finishing drivers plus two
fan-voted drivers go head-to-head to complete a series of drifting
challenges to secure three further championship points.”

 558 kW and 300 kW.

The company has released an updated calendar yet, but we expect to have more
information soon.

Electrek’s Take

It could be an exciting electric race series, but it looks like their
troubles and delays might have lost them the first mover advantage.

Of course, Formula E has been doing well for a while now, but Jaguar is now
also launching an all-electric race series using new I-Pace with Formula E.

I am glad that they are moving forward, but I won’t hold my breath until I
see those 10 Model S P100Ds on the starting grid.
[© electrek.co]

+
http://geekologie.com/2018/02/guys-mod-tiny-kids-car-into-45mph-electr.php
Guys Mod Tiny Kid's Car Into 45MPH Electric Deathtrap (v)
February 1, 2018
http://geekologie.com/2018/02/01/tiny-fast-kids-car.jpg
This is a video (it's in German, turn subtitles on) ...
Wir bauen einen 15 PS Motor in unser BOBBYCAR! | 0-70km/h in 3 SEKUNDEN!
https://youtu.be/SbrpnzAE6nU

http://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhHTe883bY4Y6ZLU8b
Dope: They Got A Version Of Pimp My Rides For Little Kids!
KidStance customizes electric car …
2018/02/05

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/actev-arrow-electric-go-kart-tested-feature
Arrow
Stuff We Drifted in Our Office: Actev Arrow Electric Go-Kart Tested
2018/02/07  And guess what? It was awesome. Actev Motors, a Silicon
Valley–based company, released the Arrow in 2016 to fill a gap in the
children’s electric-car market, which lacked a vehicle appropriate for
five-to-nine-year-olds. (It’s ...