EVLN: Tesla starts new longest range Model S&X 100D EV deliveries r:335mi

EVLN: Tesla starts new longest range Model S&X 100D EV deliveries r:335mi

brucedp

'I didn't do all the crazy things I've done& come all this way, just to die in a car accident'

https://electrek.co/2017/03/15/tesla-model-s-x-100d-longest-range-vehicle-epa/
Tesla starts deliveries of the Model S/X 100D – new longest range electric vehicles – after EPA hiccup
Mar. 15th 2017  Fred Lambert

[image
https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/2120x920_ms_mx_fremont_indoor.jpg?quality=82&strip=all&strip=all&w=1024&h=0
TESLA MODEL S, TESLA MODEL X
]

Last week, we reported on deliveries of Tesla’s new Model S and X 100D being delayed by a few weeks even though some of the vehicles were sitting in Tesla’s parking lots in stores and service centers. The problem was with the EPA’s certification for the vehicle.

We now learn that the issue has been resolved and Tesla started deliveries of the first few Model S/X 100D units.

Electrek learned that last Friday, the very same day that we reported on the delay, the EPA issued Tesla’s ’emission certification’ for the new vehicles equipped with the 100 kWh battery pack and dual motor configuration.

The new option boosts the range of the Model S to a record 335 miles (EPA estimate), up from 315 miles for the Model S P100D, and to 295 miles for the Model X 100D – up from the 289 miles of the performance version.

The vehicles still don’t appear on the EPA’s list of approved all-electric vehicles, but we are told that the federal agency has released its ‘fuel economy window stickers’ and several owners have contacted Electrek to say that the “hold” on their deliveries have been removed.

It comes just in time for Tesla’s usual end-of-the-quarter delivery rush. The automaker generally tries to squeeze as many deliveries as possible before March 31 in order to be able to recognize the revenue from those sales in the current quarter.

Last month, Tesla announced its guidance for deliveries during the first half of the year:

“We expect to deliver 47,000 to 50,000 Model S and Model X vehicles combined in the first half of 2017, representing vehicle delivery growth of 61% to 71% compared with the same period last year.”

The company would need to deliver between 23,500 and 25,000 vehicles during the quarter in order to stay on track. They didn’t give guidance for the second half of the year because it will be highly dependent on the production ramp of the Model 3.

Additionally, now that Tesla started selling the non-performance version of the 100 kWh pack, it will be interesting see if they end up discontinuing the 90 kWh version. They are starting to have a lot of options. Here’s a quick list for the Model S:

60: 210 miles
60D: 218 miles
75: 249 miles
75D: 259 miles
90D: 294 miles
100D: 335 miles
P100D: 315 miles
[© electrek.co]

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/electricity-now-spinning-his-wheels
Electricity now spinning his wheels
Mar 14, 2017  The model is the world's fastest accelerating production car, according to ... executive Dean Hall with his new Tesla Model S P100D electric supercar. ... I didn't come all this way and do all the crazy things I've done, only to die in a car accident ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

{brucedp.neocities.org}