EVLN: Teslafied drifting EV-West BMW M3 (w/ Tesla-S e-motor Kit)

EVLN: Teslafied drifting EV-West BMW M3 (w/ Tesla-S e-motor Kit)

https://insideevs.com/tesla-bmw-electric-drift-ev-west/
Check Out This Tesla-Powered Electric Drift Car
JUL 3 2018  DOMENICK YONEY

[image  / YouTube
https://insideevs.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/maxresdefault-7-898x505.jpg

video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl7VYwrkLDI
Tesla Powered Electric Drift Car
jehugarcia  Published on Jul 2, 2018
EVwest Now offers the Tesla ModelS motor Kit used on this car. Available
here: https://j35.us/TeslaModelS-Motor

shares
https://instagram.com/p/Bkogu8eAvFl/?utm_source=ig_embed

https://instagram.com/p/BkqF3XGAhV-/?utm_source=ig_embed
]

Sideways is the best ways!

It’s been less than a month since we re-introduced you to the BMW M3 from EV
West that is now powered by a motor pulled from a Tesla. You may not
recognize it, however. In that time it’s changed its stripes and added some
fender flares to better accommodate its wide rubber ...

We understand the EV West team spent Sunday zooming around the awesome
Laguna Seca racetrack on the outskirts of Monterey, California, while in the
company of dozens of other electric vehicles for the annual Refuel event.
While we impatiently wait for footage from that happening, we’re happy to
share the video above, featuring the revamped coupe hanging out with some
pro drifters in Anaheim, California.

The video, put together by YouTuber Jehu Garcia, features the beastly BMW
turning rubber into smoke in the company of some traditionally-powered drift
cars. For those unfamiliar, drifting is a technique that involves
purposefully oversteering and spinning the rear wheels up so that a vehicle
goes through turns sideways while the driver countersteers. It’s not the
fastest way around a turn, but it’s fun to perform and watch (can’t imagine
inhaling all that smoke is especially healthy, though).

While the video above might make the Teslafied BMW look like a natural, it’s
not. A number of adjustments needed to be made for the sideways style of
performance. For one, they had to turn down the power by about 50 percent.
Also, EV West principal Michael Bream left this comment on its Instagram
account, where they had shared a couple of short clips:

    The biggest challenge was our stock front geometry and steering angle.
Much room to improve, and now have a good list. Power was a bit too much so
we turned it down. Modulation is tough with the torque, and a motor that
can’t resist spinning up to 16k rpm. There was also the fact it kept running
up on the Mustang because it was faster. Not my words.

Besides the rubber burning action, the video also features a look at the
back of the car and a casual explanation about how induction motors work. A
word of warning: this part is laced with profanities, so if that’s offensive
to you, you should just fast forward past ...
[© insideevs.com]

+
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-performance-skidpad-testing/
Tesla shares video of drifting Model 3 Performance during skidpad testing
July 6, 2018  The short clip, which was uploaded by the Silicon Valley
carmaker on Twitter, featured the high-performance variant of the compact
electric car burning rubber and drifting around what appears to be a closed
area of the company’s test track ...
https://twitter.com/Tesla/status/1015253008349741056