EVLN: (VW-pr) Taycan(MissionE) dealer contract> 1st Porsche EV

EVLN: (VW-pr) Taycan(MissionE) dealer contract> 1st Porsche EV

https://electrek.co/2018/07/05/porsche-updates-dealer-contract-all-electric-taycan-charging-infrastructure/
Porsche updates dealer contract in preparation for upcoming all-electric
Taycan and charging infrastructure
Jul. 5th 2018  Fred Lambert

[image
https://i2.wp.com/electrek.co/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2018/06/high_mission_e_cross_turismo_california_2018_porsche_ag-11-e1530807600482.jpg
Taycan(MissionE)
]

Porsche is preparing to introduce its first all-electric vehicle and it
looks like it is quite serious about doing it right with significant
investments in charging infrastructure and sales channels.

The German automaker has now updated its dealer contract in preparation for
upcoming all-electric Taycan.

The Taycan, better known as the Mission E, is coming to market next year.

While Porsche already sells plug-in hybrids, it will be its first
all-electric vehicle and the automaker appears to recognize the difference
and it is getting ready to support the new model.

A recent study showed that electric car adoption is slowed down by
‘dismissive and deceptive car dealerships’. Therefore, legacy automakers
need to rethink their approach to selling EVs through their existing
dealerships.

In Germany, Porsche wants to build the process into its dealer contract.

Autohaus reports that the automaker has made a new dealer contract
specifically for the Taycan. A spokesperson told the magazine (translated
from German):

    “For the Taycan, the first purely electric Porsche, an additional
contract is issued, which is offered to all dealers. One focus here is the
development of an efficient charging infrastructure in retail, but also
qualification measures and new processes.”

They didn’t elaborate on those “qualification measures and new processes.”

As for charging infrastructure, Porsche has already announces several plans
to deploy charging networks.

They are involved in Ionity, a major new ultra-fast electric vehicle
charging network currently being deployed in Europe.

In North America, the company plans to deploy hundreds of stations capable
of delivering high charge rates, including a recently announced network of
500 EV charging stations in the US and Canada.

Within those 500 stations in this new network, Porsche says that 189 of them
will be installed at their dealerships.

Electrek’s Take

Without knowing details about the “qualification measures and new
processes,” it’s hard to judge how serious this effort is, but I am happy
that they are even acknowledging that EVs require different processes.

I have been saying this for a while now, but it is because I really believe
it: I think Porsche is serious about its electric vehicle effort.

The best way to tell if a legacy automaker is serious about its EV effort is
if they are heavily investing into charging infrastructure and I’d argue
that Porsche is doing just that.

Especially when you consider that they are only going to have a single
all-electric model by the end of the decade. They certainly have other
models planned, but the current investment will only support one of their
vehicles for now.
[© electrek.co]

+
(tariff.us threatens EV imports)
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-07-02/trump-s-tariffs-a-car-crash-for-bmw-vw-audi-mercedes
Trump's Tariffs: a Car Crash for Germany
Jul 2, 2018  Trump's tariff threats are an attack on the German automakers'
business model, compounding the challenge from the decline of diesel and the
rise of electric ...