EVLN: Victoria.au Po-Po goes Tesla EV 0-100kph:3s

EVLN: Victoria.au Po-Po goes Tesla EV 0-100kph:3s

https://www.afr.com/lifestyle/cars-bikes-and-boats/first-electric-police-car-goes-from-zero-to-100km-h-in-3-seconds-20190604-p51u6m
First electric police car goes from zero to 100km/h in 3 seconds
Jun 4, 2019  Melissa Meehan  AAP

[images
https://static.ffx.io/images/$zoom_0.184%2C$multiply_0.5854579792256847%2C$ratio_1.776846%2C$width_1059%2C$x_0%2C$y_0/t_crop_custom/t_sharpen%2Cq_auto%2Cf_auto/dda379887a50fd33bb24ac16854080e547228616
Victoria Police Inspector Stuart Bailey with the Tesla Model X.  / Victoria
Police

https://static.ffx.io/images/$width_620/t_resize_width/t_sharpen%2Cq_auto%2Cf_auto/cd47705c25ea0ae14d83118fae84d02c8a98c69c
The Model X. "It is important to remember this is a concept vehicle for
Victoria Police." Victoria Police
]

Victoria's hoons are on notice as police introduce their newest addition to
their fleet, an electric car that can accelerate from zero to 100km/h in
less than three seconds.

The all-electric Tesla Model X  started being used on Monday for highway
patrol duties, in a first for an Australian police organisation.

Victoria Police [
https://www.afr.com/link/follow-20180501-p51rgz
] is one of the first jurisdictions in the world to put an all-electric
vehicle into its operational fleet.

The five-door, five-seat SUV will be trialled across various regions and be
constantly assessed while in operation, to test its suitability for road
policing duties.

Road Policing Command Assistant Commissioner Stephen Leane said electric
cars could well be the future of road policing.

"This vehicle is unlike any other Victoria Police has ever had in its
fleet," he said on Monday.

"It is important to remember this is a concept vehicle for Victoria Police
and we acknowledge that it will produce a number of unique circumstances and
will continue to evolve as police software is integrated.

"Vehicles are obviously critical to the work we do as they represent the
mobile office for many of our frontline police. Projects such as these mean
that when the switch does inevitably happen, our job of keeping Victorians
safe will not be compromised."

Mr Leane said there's also a great environmental benefit to electric
vehicles, considering state highway patrol vehicles travel thousands of
kilometres on the road every year year.
[© afr.com]

https://www.esperanceexpress.com.au/story/6197110/electric-convoy-travels-to-esperance-on-a-mission/
Perth to Esperance electric road trip
JUNE 3 2019  An electric vehicle convoy arrived in Esperance on a mission to
raise ... Australian Electric Vehicle Association national secretary
Christopher Jones said the ...
https://nnimgt-a.akamaihd.net/transform/v1/crop/frm/jake.dietsch/b491817a-3edd-403e-8064-828965c025a5.jpg/r0_390_5467_3465_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2019/06/victorian-police-add-tesla-model-x-to-highway-patrol/
Victorian Po-Po Adds Tesla Model X To Highway Patrol
Jun 3, 2019  On Monday the Victorian police unveiled the latest vehicle to
enter its highway patrol fleet - a Tesla Model X. In addition to being the
first electric vehicle to be ...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_police-related_slang_terms
A street term for police. Originally from Southern California, where bicycle
police, beginning in the 1980s, wore T-shirts marked with 'PO', for 'police
officer', in block letters. As these officers rode in pairs, their shirts
would read 'POPO' when side by side ...

+
https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/teslas-ute-to-cost-less-than-70k-electric-hilux-rival-will-be-tougher-than-a-ford-f-150
Tesla's ute to cost less than $70k: Electric HiLux rival will be "tougher
than a Ford F-150, faster than a Porsche 911"
4 Jun 2019  Tesla's ute to cost less than $70k: Electric HiLux rival will be
"tougher than a ... on which Musk promised his new pick-up would also
undercut key EV rival Rivian. ... By the time that same 3 sells in
Australia, it will set you back $66,000, which ...