EVLN: Volvo FL Electric trucks> 16metric-ton GVW capacity

EVLN: Volvo FL Electric trucks> 16metric-ton GVW capacity

https://ngtnews.com/volvo-trucks-delivers-its-first-all-electric-vehicles
Volvo Trucks Delivers its First All-Electric Vehicles
February 20, 2019  Betsy Lillian

[image
https://ngtnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/volvo-trucks.jpg
]

On Tuesday, Volvo Trucks delivered its first all-electric vehicles: a refuse
truck to waste and recycling company Renova, and a distribution truck to
logistics company DB Schenker and partner haulier TGM, operating in Sweden.

The Volvo FL Electric trucks are part of a pre-series developed in
collaboration with selected customers. Series production of the Volvo FL
Electric and its sibling, the Volvo FE Electric, will commence with a
limited number of trucks for the European markets in the second half of this
year.

According to the automaker, the absence of motor noise and exhaust emissions
contributes to better working conditions for drivers and a quieter, cleaner
urban environment.

“Our close collaboration with drivers and customers has enabled us to
develop, in a short space of time, electrified transport solutions that meet
high requirements in terms of performance, driving distances, cargo handling
and vehicle use,” says Roger Alm, president of Volvo Trucks.

The drivers who will operate the electric trucks have had the opportunity to
test-drive them prior to delivery.

“The drivers were particularly impressed with the responsive driveline,
delivering fast and seamless acceleration, and the low noise level,” says
Alm.

The trucks are developed for distribution, refuse handling and other urban
transport applications. The Volvo FL Electric has capacity for a gross
vehicle weight (GVW) of 16 metric tons, while the Volvo FE Electric has
capacity for a GVW of 27 metric tons.

“We will continue to develop our electrified offering,” adds Alm. “At the
same time, we are steadily reducing the environmental and climate impact of
our diesel- and gas-powered trucks, primarily through energy-efficient
drivelines.”
[© ngtnews.com]

+
https://insideevs.com/kalmar-electric-terminal-tractor-cummins/
Kalmar To Offer Electric Terminal Tractor Powered By Cummins
FEB 17 2019  Terminal tractors are going to be electrified before the other
trucks  The latest EV will be the Kalmar Electric Terminal Tractor (KT2E),
which will get an electric powertrain and battery pack from Cummins. Sales
will begin in 2020 ...
https://d2t6ms4cjod3h9.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/image-1-kalmar-terminal-tractor.jpg