EVLN: Volvo's denial delay tactics> thinks buyers are EV-reluctant between the ears

EVLN: Volvo's denial delay tactics> thinks buyers are EV-reluctant between the ears

brucedp

'U.S. consumers won't be persuaded to go electric unless EVs have far more electric range than they actually need'

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170313/OEM05/303139968/volvo-pegs-ev-range-at-250-miles
Volvo pegs EV range at 250 miles
20170313  David Undercoffler

Future Product Geneva Motor show Electric Volvo

Kerssemakers: Range important to U.S. buyers

GENEVA -- Volvo's first-ever electric vehicle will likely have a range of at least 250 miles and a price starting between $35,000 and $40,000 when it debuts in 2019.

Lex Kerssemakers, CEO of Volvo Car USA, said so in comments with U.S. journalists on the sidelines of the Geneva auto show.

"That's what I put in as the prerequisite for the United States," Kerssemakers said. "If I want to make a point in the United States, if I want to make volumes, that's what I believe I need."

That vehicle's form remains unknown; the company is set to decide in the coming months whether it will use an existing nameplate or a standalone model for its first EV. Regardless, this leaves Volvo with a dramatically condensed timetable in which to develop the vehicle and get it to market.

Kerssemakers acknowledged the time crunch but said using Volvo's modular platforms would allow it to meet this schedule ...

Regardless of the vehicle's size, U.S. consumers won't be persuaded to go electric unless EVs have far more electric range than they actually need, Kerssemakers said. "Why are people reluctant to buy a full electric car?" he said. "It's between the ears. It's that they believe there's not sufficient range."
[© autonews.com]

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2017/03/volvo-s-first-ev-targets-bolt-beating-range.html
Volvo's First EV Targets Bolt-Beating Range
Mar 13, 2017  Volvo is working to introduce its first all-electric vehicle and the brand is targeting a ... That would give the Volvo EV more range than the 238 miles found in the ... “We believe that the time has come for electrified cars to cease being a niche technology and enter the mainstream,” said president and CEO of Volvo Cars, Håkan Samuelsson, previously. “We are confident that by 2020, 10 per cent of Volvo’s global sales will be electrified cars.” ...
http://www.automobilemag.com/news/first-volvo-ev-will-range-least-250-miles-cost-35-40k/
First Volvo EV Will Have at Least 250 Miles of Range
March 13, 2017  Base price between $35,000 and $40,000 touted ... Volvo CMA battery electric vehicle technical study ...
http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/11/2017/03/Volvo-CMA-Battery-Electric-Vehicle-Technical-Concept-Study-3-4-view.jpg

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

{brucedp.neocities.org}