EVLN: York.uk double-decker e-bus trial r:150mi

EVLN: York.uk double-decker e-bus trial r:150mi

brucedp

https://www.minsterfm.com/news/local/2354827/video---york-to-trial-electric-double-decker-bus/
VIDEO - York to trial electric double decker bus
14th August 2017

[image
https://cml.sad.ukrd.com/image/601322-640x380.scale_type-center_crop.jpg
electric bus

share
https://twitter.com/Optaregroup/status/897053174913261568
    Optare @Optaregroup
    Metrodecker EV's first service in York with @FirstYork @MarcBichtemann @minsterfm
    4:11 AM - Aug 14, 2017 · York, England
]

A landmark moment has been celebrated in York today as it has become the first UK city outside London to trial a new fully electric double decker bus.

Representatives from City of York Council, First York and local bus manufacturer, Optare welcomed the arrival of the first "Metrodecker EV" in York today, which will be trialled on the York Park & Ride network and selected city routes over the next month.

The zero-emission and fully electric bus has the capacity to carry 99 passengers and has a range of nearly 150 miles from one overnight charge.

The new vehicle is being trialled in York following the recent announcement that improvements will be made to the city’s already successful Park & Ride scheme.

It was promised that new ‘greener’ buses would be introduced to improve fuel emissions citywide, placing York’s Park & Ride as one of the most sustainable and efficient in the country.

Speaking about the trial, Councillor Ian Gillies, executive member for transport at City of York Council said:

    "I’m delighted to welcome this new addition to York’s green public transport fleet.

    There will be at least three electric double-deckers among the 14 electric buses on our Park & Ride routes.

    These Park & Ride buses will play a major role in continuing to improve the air quality in York, as well as giving an increasing number of passengers a safe, quick journey across the city."

Optare unveiled its long-awaited zero-emission Metrodecker EV in 2016, and with its range projected to rise to 200 miles on a single charge within a year the manufacturer has signalled a move away from its previous mid-day charging strategy.

Robert Drewery, Commercial Director, Optare added:

    "After the success of the Optare electric buses currently operating in York, we are thrilled to be trialling the first fully electric Optare double deck in the City.

    We see this as a breakthrough in public transport and look forward to seeing these vehicles in operation across the country, improving air quality in our towns and cities."
[© Minster FM 2017]

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

{brucedp.neocities.org}