EVLN: e-NV200 campervan on 3week road.nz trial

EVLN: e-NV200 campervan on 3week road.nz trial

http://gisborneherald.co.nz/autowatch/3198473-135/electric-campervan-on-three-week-road-trial
Electric campervan on three-week road trial
January 30, 2018

[image
http://gisborneherald.co.nz/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=tDfPQWV5W041asN0GaqmB8$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYtoeklmNgbvvdITzUbbR6UaWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_CryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg
]

International tourists visiting New Zealand could be hitting the roads in
electric campervans within two years if a new electric vehicle trial proves
successful.

Auckland-based company Jucy Rentals will trial a full-electric Nissan
E-NV200 campervan with the help of two overseas tourists.

During their journey, two visiting French students will travel thousands of
kilometres throughout the North Island in a prototype Jucy campervan,
powered only by electricity.

The tourists plan to visit about 30 destinations in the North Island over
three-weeks.

Jucy CEO Tim Alpe says the company aims to introduce a new category of
electric vehicle to its fleet to meet growing demand from millennial
tourists.

“Electric vehicles are the future of the Jucy campervan fleet and this trial
is the ideal platform to test our product offering for customers.

“This market segment in particular wants more environmentally-sustainable
travel options. At the same time this gives our tourists more choice and
cheaper running costs.”

Alpe says further expansion of the programme will need additional investment
in charging infrastructure and vehicles that can travel further distances.

“Campervans are the perfect vehicle to be electrically powered as tourists
tend to drive during the day and can then recharge overnight at their
campground.

“One of the biggest barriers we will face in the short term is lack of
infrastructure to support EV charging.

“We are working with camping grounds to introduce suitable facilities for
overnight charging but there is also a need to bring in rapid chargers on
the roads between main centres.

“At the same time, there are range limitations of the vehicles that need to
be overcome to ensure tourists can travel long distances across the country,
without the need to constantly recharge their battery.

“Our future as a sustainable tourist market will be short-lived if our
customer experience is impacted by the range their vehicle can travel each
day.”

The company plans to introduce charging stations at their branches and
hotels across NZ and Australia. -Driven
[© gisborneherald.co.nz]

+
https://www.tahawultech.com/news/electric-vehicle-road-trip/
Electric car road trip crosses UAE finish line
January 28, 2018  Global EVRT has concluded its nine-day road trip across
the UAE and Oman, in a bid to accelerate electric vehicle adoption across
the Middle East. The trip, which featured a fleet of cars including
Chevrolet Bolt EVs, a BMW i3 and Tesla X and S models, saw the opening of
numerous new electric vehicle charging stations ...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-estate/condos-grappling-with-demand-for-electric-car-charging-stations/article37871983/
Condos grappling with demand for electric car charging stations
20180208  For condo-hunting Jean Guilbault, there was one feature in
particular that any building absolutely had to offer if it was to make the
grade: a charging station for …

Re: EVLN: e-NV200 campervan on 3week road.nz trial

I saw it! at the charging station in Cambridge  NZ, opposite the town
hall, which is the nearest town to me. Green "Jucy" van, very small for
a campervan.

On 09-Feb-18 6:46 PM, brucedp5 via EV wrote:

> [...]
> [© gisborneherald.co.nz]
>

> +
> https://www.tahawultech.com/news/electric-vehicle-road-trip/
> Electric car road trip crosses UAE finish line
> January 28, 2018  Global EVRT has concluded its nine-day road trip across
> the UAE and Oman, in a bid to accelerate electric vehicle adoption across
> the Middle East. The trip, which featured a fleet of cars including
> Chevrolet Bolt EVs, a BMW i3 and Tesla X and S models, saw the opening of
> numerous new electric vehicle charging stations ...
>

> https://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-estate/condos-grappling-with-demand-for-electric-car-charging-stations/article37871983/
> Condos grappling with demand for electric car charging stations
> 20180208  For condo-hunting Jean Guilbault, there was one feature in
> particular that any building absolutely had to offer if it was to make the

seen @evse in nz (v): e-NV200 campervan on 3week road.nz trial

[ref
https://www.mail-archive.com/ev@.../msg22045.html
]

A search on  charging station Cambridge NZ
gives an image of that l3 evse:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/VoQt0Kwd77c/hqdefault.jpg

 and a video (kiwi doing a selfie, rotates around showing the l3 evse and
the area with a dialog of same)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoQt0Kwd77c
Cambridge EV Electric Car Fast Charger Waikato New Zealand
Darryl Talks About New Zealand
Jun 20, 2017
Cambridge EV Electric Car Fast Charger. This charger can charge an electric
car in 20 minutes, or top up your car in several minutes. I drive to Taupo.
Good for Nissan Leaf and BMW i3 charging, and many other electric vehicles.
The charger is activated with charge.net.nz accounts and RFID tags.

Re: EVLN: e-NV200 campervan on 3week road.nz trial

Any pictures of how the campervan deploys?  Or do they climb on top and
sleep in a tent?

BOb

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 9:49 PM, George Tyler via EV <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
>> the Middle East. The trip, which featured a fleet of cars including
>> Chevrolet Bolt EVs, a BMW i3 and Tesla X and S models, saw the opening of
>> numerous new electric vehicle charging stations ...
>>

>> https://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-estate/condos-grappling
>> -with-demand-for-electric-car-charging-stations/article37871983/
>> Condos grappling with demand for electric car charging stations
>> 20180208  For condo-hunting Jean Guilbault, there was one feature in
>> particular that any building absolutely had to offer if it was to make the
>> grade: a charging station for …
>>

>> For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
>>   http://evdl.org/archive/
>>

>> {brucedp.neocities.org}
>>
>> --
>> Sent from: http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/
> /NEDRA)

Re: EVLN: e-NV200 campervan on 3week road.nz trial

The purple thing on the roof is a popup tent,
https://www.jucy.co.nz/useful-stuff/jucy-ev/check-out-our-jucy-ev-gallery/