EVLN: magnax.com Axial flux e-motors.be> More Powerful& Smaller

EVLN: magnax.com Axial flux e-motors.be> More Powerful& Smaller

http://revolution-green.com/new-axial-flux-electric-motors-pack-ev-power-smaller-package/
New Axial Flux Electric Motors Pack More EV Power In A Smaller Package
May 6, 2018  Agcat

[images
http://revolution-green.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Axiel-Flux-electric-motor-1.jpg
Credit: May.3rd 2018 8:52 am ET  Micah Toll

https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/magnax.png

https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/magnaxmotorcycle.jpg

https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/screen-shot-2018-05-02-at-3-23-52-pm.png?w=697&h=547
]

New Axial Flux Electric Motors Pack More EV Power In A Smaller Package.
Electric motors are the beating heart of any electric vehicle, and thanks to
a startup in Belgium, your next EV’s motor could be stronger, smaller and
more efficient. Magnax is hard at work developing new axial flux motors for
use in EVs and other applications that require powerful yet lightweight
motors.

This could mean faster, lighter and generally more awesome electric cars and
motorcycles, among other new developments. Axial flux motors are a major
improvement over standard radial flux motors, which leave a significant
amount of copper overhanging on the ends of the coils. In radial flux
motors, any copper not perpendicular to the magnet’s rotation is essentially
wasted.

Axial flux motors, on the other hand, offer the lowest possible copper loss.
This translates to higher efficiency. In other words, more of the battery
power gets turned into useful motor power.

These axial flux motors are also more efficient due to their intrinsically
enhanced cooling. Because the coils can be pressed directly against the
exterior motor case, they can cool much faster than in radial flux motors,
which must transfer the coil heat through the stator of the motor.

Magnax has a few other innovations that they are working into their motors
as well. Instead of standard round wire for their copper coils, Magnax is
using rectangular cross-section wire to pack more copper into the same
space, resulting in a copper fill of up to 90%.

They also employ a yokeless stator, which provides the shortest possible
flux path, as well as using grain-oriented steel, which they claim can
reduce the core losses by as much as 85%.

Ok, that sounds nice and all, but what are these fancy tech specs good for?

What this all adds up to is a motor that can be insanely light compared to
the amount of power it produces. Magnax claims their axial flux motors can
reach up to 15 kW/kg peak, or 7.5 kW/kg nominal (9 hp/lb peak, or 4.5 hp/lb
nominal).

But power means nothing if you can’t keep the motor cool. With the improved
cooling capacity of axial flux motors, Magnax’s new motors will be able to
provide higher power for longer, resulting in better performing vehicles.

According to the company:

    This is our way of contributing to a sound environment for our children.
Magnax enables industrial innovation with axial flux motor and generator
technology that outperforms in efficiency, weight, reliability, and
cost-effectiveness. Magnax supports the global transition to fully renewable
power generation, electric transportation and ultra-efficient machines by
innovating in next-generation electric motor and generator technology.

Magnax is already preparing to debut their first prototype motors by the end
of this year, with a stated goal of an unveiling in October.

The prototype motor will be a 275 mm (10.8 inch) diameter motor weighing
22.5 kg (50 lb) and capable of between 300 to 408 kW (400-550 hp) of power.
They are also developing a smaller 7 kg (15.4 lb) version of the same motor
with a diameter of 185 mm (7.2 inches) and peak power output of 84 kW (113
hp).  The company is envisioning the use of these motors in everything from
electric motorcycles and vehicles to electric aircraft, and even in large
wind turbines when used as generators.
[© revolution-green.com]
https://www.google.com/search?q=Magnax+Axial+flux+motors+Belgium
search  Magnax Axial flux motors Belgium

[dated]
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/IEEE-detailing-EV-e-motor-design-differences-td4687134.html
IEEE detailing EV e-motor design differences
... improving the ratio of power to weight is to increase the strength of
the motor’s magnetic field, which increases torque. That’s the point of
adding an iron core to a coil, for although this step increases weight, it
boosts magnetic-flux density by two orders of magnitude. Therefore, nearly
all...
Jun 24, 2017

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Evans-Electric-axial-flux-induction-motor-au-going-to-Silicon-Valley-CA-tp4685496.html
EVLN: Evans Electric axial flux induction motor.au going to
Silicon_Valley-CA
Australia's Set to Lose a New Electric Engine to Silicon Valley
The axial flux induction motor by Evans Electric ...
evans-electric.com.au ...
Jan 17, 2017

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Honda-s-non-heavy-rare-earth-metal-dependent-cn-Electric-motor-tp4682928.html
EVLN: Honda's non- heavy-rare-earth-metal-dependent.cn Electric-motor
... which accommodates this new magnet. In addition to the shape of the
magnet, Honda revised the shape of the rotor to optimize the flow of the
magnetic flux of the magnet. As a result, the hot deformed neodymium magnet
that contains absolutely no heavy rare earth became usable for the drive
motor of a...
Jul 15, 2016

+
http://www.tuvie.com/hyundai-kite-electric-buggy-concept-transforms-into-a-single-seater-jet-ski/
Hyundai Kite Electric Buggy Concept Transforms Into a Single-Seater Jet Ski
April 26, 2018  Hyundai Kite Electric Buggy Concept is the result from
cooperation between and 15 IED transportation designer master’s course
students. This two-seater concept vehicle offers dual mobility solution
where user can convert it into a single-seater jet ski …
http://www.tuvie.com/wp-content/uploads/hyundai-kite-electric-buggy-concept3.jpg

Re: EVLN: magnax.com Axial flux e-motors.be> More Powerful& Smaller

Matthew Parkhouse, RN
[hidden email]

> [...]
> motor of a...
> Jul 15, 2016
>

> +
> http://www.tuvie.com/hyundai-kite-electric-buggy-concept-transforms-into-a-single-seater-jet-ski/
> Hyundai Kite Electric Buggy Concept Transforms Into a Single-Seater Jet Ski
> April 26, 2018  Hyundai Kite Electric Buggy Concept is the result from
> cooperation between and 15 IED transportation designer master’s course
> students. This two-seater concept vehicle offers dual mobility solution
> where user can convert it into a single-seater jet ski …
> http://www.tuvie.com/wp-content/uploads/hyundai-kite-electric-buggy-concept3.jpg
>

> For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
> http://evdl.org/archive/
>

> {brucedp.neocities.org}

Re: EVLN: magnax.com Axial flux e-motors.be> More Powerful& Smaller

Who wrote this drivel.

There is nothing new or innovative listed.

Some of the claims about cooling and efficiency sound suspect.

Al