EVLN: (spied) Taycan w/ minimal camo> shows headlights &edgy design

EVLN: (spied) Taycan w/ minimal camo> shows headlights &edgy design

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/26/porsche-taycan-spy-photos/
Porsche Taycan spotted with camo dropped, revealing unique front end design
Apr 26th 2019  Zac Palmer

[images  / Taycanforum.com
http://s.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/756/836/4/S7568364/slug/l/porsche-taycan-spied-1.jpg
The electric Porsche shows its true face

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/26/porsche-taycan-spy-photos/#slide-7568366
Porsche Taycan spied

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/26/porsche-taycan-spy-photos/#slide-7568365

https://www.autoblog.com/photos/porsche-taycan-spy-shots/
 More Photos
]

The EV shows some new facial features

Porsche Taycan prototypes have been running around for what feels like a
long time, but never before have we seen the front end so barren of
wrappings and camouflage. One lucky member of taycanforum.com happened to
chance across the electric Porsche in the wild and catch it wearing
extremely limited camo. Up until now the headlights have been hidden behind
covers that betrayed their true shape. With those removed on this particular
car, we get an idea of the Taycan's actual front end design.

Instead of flowing gracefully with the bodywork, Porsche has gone with a
much more edgy design. The lighting units are tucked away in a little nook,
disrupting the flowing bodywork with their vertical stance. Sculpting from
the headlights travels downward into the lower front bumper area, creating a
distinctive and aggressive look. It's wonderful to finally see how Porsche
is addressing the Taycan's styling details, as we've been in the dark on
that for quite some time now. Amazing what removing just a little bit of
camouflage will do.

The lower bumper surround is also left undisguised for the most part,
showing us what to expect from the openings down there. Even though it's an
electric car, the openings look rather large. Perhaps Porsche is channeling
air through there for aerodynamic purposes or to help cool the electric
powertrain. Or there are changes Porsche is still holding back. The side
sills are further defined on this particular tester, showing more defined
sculpting than what we've seen before. As we move to the blurry photos of
the rear, it's tough to tell much. We get to see more of the rear window,
but that's not the most exciting thing to get a glimpse of. Our other spy
photos will give you a better idea of the Taycan's rear end design.

We expect to see the final version of the Porsche Taycan revealed at the
Frankfurt Motor Show this fall. The all-electric Porsche will then head into
production for the 2020 model year ...
[© autoblog.com]

+
https://pvbuzz.com/story/elon-musk-claims-tesla-will-have-1-million-robotaxis-on-roads-next-year/
Elon Musk claims Tesla will have 1 million robotaxis on roads next year
April 22, 2019  Tesla hosted its Autonomy Investor Day ... to show off
technology ... to make its electric vehicles driverless ... Musk also
predicted that in two years, Tesla will be making cars with no steering
wheels or pedals ...

Re: EVLN: (spied) Taycan w/ minimal camo> shows headlights &edgy design

On 2 May 2019 at 0:45, brucedp5 via EV wrote:

> Up until now the headlights have been hidden behind covers that
> betrayed their true shape.

Look out, here comes the EVDL's cranky old man again. :-\

Somebody should send the author of this piece a dictionary.  He seems to
have a little trouble with the definition of "betray."

Besides, the entire piece is about nothing more than what the bloody car
LOOKS like.  Big deal.  What's the range?  What does it cost?  What's it
like to drive?  Good grief, Zac Palmer.  Get some priorities.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that the internet has brought us more EV
news than we can even handle.  Thirty+ years ago EV information was scarce
and often pricey.  One example was Victor Wouk's Electric Vehicle Progress,
an 8-page typed newsletter.  A year's subscription was 24 issues and cost
$297 (the equivalent of about $700 today, adjusting for inflation).

Today, thanks to the net, EV news is mostly free, and thanks to Bruce for
curating it for us.  However, as with so many things, you may not get what
you pay for, but you seldom get what you don't.  A dismaying amount of EV
info on the net is utter crap, even after Bruce has binned the worst of it.