EVLN: (spied) Tesla Pickup Test Mule EVs transported on car-carrier

EVLN: (spied) Tesla Pickup Test Mule EVs transported on car-carrier

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-pickup-truck-test-mule-sighting/
Tesla pickup truck potential test mule spotted on carrier near testing
facility
March 7, 2019  Simon Alvarez

[image  / streff/Reddit)
https://www.teslarati.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/tesla-pickup-truck-test-mule-camouflage-1.jpg
]

An eagle-eyed member of the Tesla community might have just snapped the
first picture of a Tesla pickup truck test mule. The sighting transpired on
Wednesday in Ohio, and it involved a truck car carrier full of Tesla
electric cars, plus one heavily wrapped pickup truck with a Ford F-150 body.

Tesla has used the body of other vehicles for its test mules in the past.
Before the company unveiled the Tesla Semi, a test mule of the electric
long-hauler was spotted with what appeared to be a Cascadia truck body. A
video of the vehicle even showcased the now-recognizable acceleration of the
all-electric truck. Thus, it will not be too surprising if Tesla is adopting
the same strategy with its pickup truck test mule, using a Ford F-150 body
for the vehicle.

Also interesting is that the sighting of the camouflaged pickup truck
happened in Eastern Ohio. The area is close to the Transportation Research
Center Inc. (TRC), where Tesla is known to conduct vehicle testing. Back in
2017, sightings of almost a hundred Model 3 were reported at TRC’s
facilities as the vehicles were undergoing tests. Could the mysterious
pickup truck and its fellow Teslas be headed towards (or perhaps leaving)
the testing facility? Such a scenario is not implausible.

Together with the mysterious pickup were several Teslas that were covered in
road dust, grime, and salt. A Model 3 at the rear of the car carrier even
had a long rectangular license plate, suggesting that it was a vehicle
designated for Europe (credit to r/TeslaMotors subreddit member u/streff for
the photo of the vehicle).

Elon Musk has stated that the Tesla Pickup Truck will be unveiled sometime
later this year. The Tesla CEO has also mentioned that the vehicle will be
very futuristic to the point where it will not look out of place on the set
of the Blade Runner franchise. Musk has also teased some of the vehicle’s
features, including a range of 400-500 miles per charge, dual motor AWD, and
a 240-volt connection for heavy-duty tools, and up to 300,000 pounds of
towing capacity.
[© teslarati.com]

http://www.autospies.com/news/Tesla-Pickup-Test-Mule-Caught-In-The-Wild-98653/
Tesla Pickup Test Mule Caught In The Wild!
The sighting transpired on Wednesday in Ohio, and it involved a truck car
carrier full of Tesla electric cars, plus one heavily wrapped pickup truck
with a Ford F-150 body. Tesla has used the body of ...
http://www.autospies.com/images/users/Agent009/main/tesla-pickup-truck-test-mule-camouflage-1.jpg

+
https://www.yorkregion.com/opinion-story/9213004-do-i-deserve-my-new-tesla-electric-car-/
Do I deserve my new Tesla electric car?
2019-03-08   So, the question still remains: Do I deserve an electric car?
My mind plays tricks on me about this question. Three years ago, I
“downsized my life” and moved to ...

Re: EVLN: (spied) Tesla Pickup Test Mule EVs transported on car-carrier

If that's really an F-150 truck body around some Tesla internals, why does
it have a tailpipe?

On 11 Mar 2019 at 23:46, Jorg Brown via EV wrote:

> If that's really an F-150 truck body around some Tesla internals, why does it
> have a tailpipe?

It's fairly common for automakers to disguise EVs that they're testing by
adding fake ICEV-style tailpipes.

Re: EVLN: (spied) Tesla Pickup Test Mule EVs transported on car-carrier

Because it is a heavily Camouflaged vehicle. And that is the intention, to
persuade all spy/curious photographers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVcaZVxdTss

Altough the image from Teslarati with a truck full of Teslas and that Truck
at the top-end of the trailer doesn{t seem all right. Why heavy camouflage
a 'mule' test vehicle, where all the 'secret stuff' is mostly under body?
So my guess is this two possible things:

- Either Tesla transportation policy or just simmply the guys what loaded
that truck, has no idea of how to proceed with camo vehicles. Usually they
are shipped on flat and totally enclosed trailers, where not photographer
can see anyting from it. Especially underbody.

- Second one (most likely to me) is that this was a totally intentional
move from Tesla. All companies also use the 'Camo' strategies to catch the
attention of people, especially to those auto industry 'paparazzis'; in
order to gain first place on magazines and news and of course create more
public attention.

Marco Gaxiola

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 2:55 AM Jorg Brown via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >

> > +
> >

> https://www.yorkregion.com/opinion-story/9213004-do-i-deserve-my-new-tesla-electric-car-/
> > Do I deserve my new Tesla electric car?
> > 2019-03-08   So, the question still remains: Do I deserve an electric
> car?
> > My mind plays tricks on me about this question. Three years ago, I
> > “downsized my life” and moved to ...
> >

> > For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
> >  http://evdl.org/archive/
> >

> > {brucedp.neocities.org}
> >
> > --
> > Sent from: http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/

Re: EVLN: (spied) Tesla Pickup Test Mule EVs transported on car-carrier

> On Mar 12, 2019, at 8:21 AM, Marco Gaxiola via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Why heavy camouflage a 'mule' test vehicle?

Correct, it’s not.  It’s just a normal Roush F150 being delivered to a customer somewhere.  Just because it’s on the same trailer doesn’t mean it’s being transported for the same customer.

                                -Bill