EVLN: (spied) Uncamouflaged Leaf EV tested in Delhi.in

EVLN: (spied) Uncamouflaged Leaf EV tested in Delhi.in

http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/nissan-leaf-and-e-note-electric-vehicles-spotted-uncamouflaged-on-test-in-delhi/
Nissan Leaf and e-Note electric vehicles spotted uncamouflaged on test in
Delhi
April 25,2019  Speed Hounds

[images
http://stat.overdrive.in/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Nissan-Leaf-EV-e-Note-Electric-vehicles-Speed-Hounds-2.jpg

http://stat.overdrive.in/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Nissan-Leaf-EV-e-Note-Electric-vehicles-Speed-Hounds-1.jpg
]

The second generation of Nissan Leaf e-powered electric hatchback has been
spotted on test in Delhi along with the Nissan e-Note electric hatchback.
The Leaf hatchback is powered by the new EM57 Motor that runs on 40 kWh
battery is good enough for 150PS and 320Nm. The battery can be charged up to
80 per cent in 40 minutes with a fast charger and the Leaf as a range of 400
kms.

The Nissan e-Note electric hatchback has a bigger 62 kWh battery that offers
218PS and 340Nm. The e-Note has longer range, courtesy - the larger battery.
Both the EVs sport Nissan's V-motion design philosophy.

Earlier last month, OVERDRIVE reported that Nissan announced that the new
Leaf will be introduced in the Philippine and Thai markets by 2020 [
http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/nissans-e-power-hybrids-to-be-introduced-in-asia-pacific-markets-soon/
], however, the spy shots hints that the Japanese manufacturer could bring
the EVs to the Indian markets as well. The e-Power hybrids from Nissan have
an electric drive train and an internal combustion engine, like any other
hybrid. However, the petrol engine is used to charge the batteries which
power the electric motors. This drive train eliminates the process of
charging the vehicle over and over again.
[© overdrive.in]

https://www.facebook.com/speedhounds/posts/2433551813556746
Speedhounds - Automobile News and Reviews
April 10 2019  Nissan Leaf and Note electric vehicles caught on test on
Sohna Road. Nissan India Pvt Ltd recently announced they are planning to
launch electric cars in India ...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterlyon/2017/01/31/nissans-note-e-power-a-glimpse-at-the-hybrid-car-of-the-future/#799bcf2f7797
Nissan's Note E-Power: A Glimpse At The Hybrid Car Of The Future?
Jan 31, 2017 - The Note e-Power is what the industry calls a “series hybrid”
which means, for all intents and purposes, this car is an electric car in
that it runs ...

+ (Honda's EV.cn for the Chinese market)
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-news/honda-x-nv-concept-previews-xr-v-ev-412424
Honda X-NV concept previews XR-V EV
Apr 23, 2019  Honda unveiled a new all-electric SUV concept at Auto Shanghai
2019 ... The Honda X-NV Concept previews a future SUV exclusively for the
Chinese market and is jointly developed by Honda Motor China Technology and
Dongfeng Honda ...
https://cdni.autocarindia.com/Utils/ImageResizer.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fExtraImages%2f20190420043019_Honda-x-nv-concept-front.jpg

Re: EVLN: (spied) Uncamouflaged Leaf EV tested in Delhi.in

On 2 May 2019 at 0:44, brucedp5 via EV wrote:

> The e-Power hybrids from Nissan have an electric drive train and an
> internal combustion engine, like any other hybrid. However, the petrol
> engine is used to charge the batteries which power the electric motors.
> This drive train eliminates the process of charging the vehicle over
> and over again.

Wait, I've heard something like this before.  Let me think...

Oh yeah, now I remember.  It was 1997.  Toyota and its new Prius: "You never
have to plug it in."

To hell with Toyota, and with Nissan too, if EVINOs (EVs In Name Only) are
their objective.