EVLN: (spied)> 'the wonderful little' BMW iX3 (w/ less camo) (v)

EVLN: (spied)> 'the wonderful little' BMW iX3 (w/ less camo) (v)

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/08/31/bmw-ix3-ev-spy-photos/BMW iX3 EV spied
with little camo
Aug 31st 2018  John Beltz Snyder

[images  / CarPix
https://s.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/741/140/5/S7411405/slug/l/bmw-ix3-ev-spy-photos-1-1.jpg
Featured Gallery

https://s.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/741/141/1/S7411411/slug/l/bmw-ix3-ev-spy-photos-7-1.jpg
BMW ix3 spy photos

https://s.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/741/141/5/S7411415/slug/l/bmw-ix3-ev-spy-photos-11-1.jpg

https://img.vidible.tv/prod/2017-12/22/5a3c9e7a1e64223b3a55a2f6/5a3c9f6575a8042ca46cc411_o_U_v1.jpg

video  flash
BMW ix3 walk around
]

The march toward production continues

We liked what we saw when BMW showed off its electric iX3 crossover concept
at the Beijing Motor Show earlier this year. It's a segment that seems ready
to take off, and to have BMW in the mix — with the knowledge it gained from
cars like the wonderful little i3 — seems like a nice injection of
competition. It's encouraging to see the production version begin to take
shape in these spy shots.

It looks like the iX3 will retain a lot of the visual character of the
concept, which, apart from the wheels, looked fairly palatable for public
consumption. We see the same way the front edge of the hood dances around
the top of the double kidney grille. It looks like the front and rear
bumpers have been toned down a bit from the concept.

We do see a whole bunch of sensors integrated into the body. Looks like
there's the usual ultrasonics in the bumpers, as well as a radar unit up
front and some cameras that weren't on the concept. It'll be interesting to
see what sort of technology is baked into the iX3 when it arrives, probably
in 2020.

According to BMW, the concept's 70-kWh battery pack was good for about 249
miles using the WLTP cycle. Its electric motor provides 268 horsepower.
Using a 150-kW fast charger, the iX3 can recharge in just 30 minutes.
[© autoblog.com]

+
http://www.nan.ng/motoring/electric-cars-in-europe-pass-one-million-mark/
Electric cars in Europe pass one million mark
2018-08-27  The total number of electric cars in Europe has reached the
million mark, after sales increased by more than 40 percent in the first
half of the year, said a report ...
http://s18694.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Electric-car-comes-in-for-a-plug-in.-Europe-now-has-more-than-one-million-electric-cars-on-the-road-e1535356163712.jpg
http://www.thedrive.com/news/23213/report-europe-buys-its-millionth-electric-vehicle
Report: Europe Buys Its Millionth Electric Vehicle
August 28, 2018  Europe has reportedly purchased a total of one million
electric vehicles. According to European electric vehicle sales figures kept
by EV Volumes ...