EVLN: (spied) weird-looking Golf (ID) Sportsvan EV r:500km

EVLN: (spied) weird-looking Golf (ID) Sportsvan EV r:500km

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/01/electric-vw-hiding-golf-sportsvan-mule/
An Electric VW Is Hiding Under This Golf Sportsvan Mule
January 30, 2019  Michael Karkafiris

[images  / S. Baldauf/SB-Medien for CarScoops
https://images.carscoops.com/2019/01/e9f80c36-vw-ev-golf-sportsvan-00.jpg

https://images.carscoops.com/2019/01/f04c046a-vw-ev-golf-sportsvan-09-768x512.jpg

https://images.carscoops.com/2019/01/3b84e292-vw-ev-golf-sportsvan-03-768x512.jpg

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/01/electric-vw-hiding-golf-sportsvan-mule/#lg=1&slide=8
PHOTO GALLERY
]

VW was caught testing a weird-looking Golf Sportsvan, which is the German
automaker’s way of developing one of its upcoming battery-electric ID models
without attracting too much attention.

The tall body of the Golf Sportsvan does a pretty good job at hiding the
true nature of the pictured test car, but if you look closely, you’ll notice
things like the slightly different front end, the fatter side sills and of
course the complete lack of any exhaust tips.

With VW planning to introduce a pair of compact electric SUVs inspired by
the ID Crozz concept, this test mule right here might just be the first
real-world sighting of the 2020 ID-badged crossovers.

Volkswagen is set to use a dedicated architecture for all of its upcoming
battery electric vehicles, the MEB modular platform. The skateboard-like
underpinnings will feature the battery pack mounted within the floorpan for
the lowest possible weight center and better road-holding.

The first MEB-based model to reach production will be the yet-unnamed ID
hatchback, which is set for a launch late this year, offering different
battery capacity options and a starting price similar to that of a
diesel-powered Golf.

While the upcoming ID hatchback will employ a rear-mounted electric motor
and rear-wheel drive for more efficient packaging, VW’s upcoming electric
SUVs will feature two electric motors, one mounted on each axle, making them
all-wheel drive and adding more performance into the mix. The ID Crozz
concept came with a combined 301hp and a driving range of up to 310 miles
(500km).

Prepare to see more of these electric VW test cars in the coming months, as
the German automaker has promised to essentially flood the market with
zero-emissions models by the end of 2022, with no less than 27 MEB-based
vehicles currently being in the pipeline.
[© carscoops.com]

+
https://europe.autonews.com/suppliers/bosch-buys-out-daimlers-stake-electric-motor-jv
Bosch buys out Daimler's stake in electric motor JV
January 24, 2019  FRANKFURT -- Robert Bosch says it has bought out partner
Daimler's stake in EM-Motive, a joint venture set up to make motors ...
https://s3-prod-europe.autonews.com/s3fs-public/styles/width_792/public/Bosch%20electric%20motors%20web.jpg

Re: EVLN: (spied) weird-looking Golf (ID) Sportsvan EV r:500km

Wow, this looks very practical. Seems to have good ground clearance and
a fair amount of cargo space. I am interested to see where this will be
sold and for what price.
Peri