EVLN status: a running-start to micro-moment satiate

Re: reconditioning prius cells

Reconditioning is an expensive word that is used by people who offer you a
large bill for recharging your Prius pack, because NiMH self-balances when
overcharged.
Presuming you have a 2001-2003 Prius, its pack has 38 modules of 6 cells
each, so nominally 7.2v x 38 = 273.6v.
(2004+ Prius has 28 modules, Toyota simply deleted 10 modules from one
side, that is why the disconnect is still between a bank of 19 and one of 9
modules.)
NiMH is rather insensitive to discharging to 0v.
Typical full charging voltage is 1.45v per cell, so a peak voltage of 330v.
Make sure charging current is low enough and you certainly stop when pack
starts sagging from heating up, I have seen the destruction of severely
overcharged Prius pack, even destroying the compression plates at the end
of the pack.
I have charged my Prius pack by taking a multivoltage power supply of about
100W, opened it to locate the large 400V bulk capacitor that is the output
of the PCF boost stage, attached a string of 3 identical incandescent
bulbs, then attach that contraption to the battery (behind the contactor),
fired up the power supply (which causes the entire pack to be grid
connected! Be careful!) and insert the maintenance disconnect to complete
the circuit.
The supply creates about 400v, if the pack is completely dead then all
bulbs light up brightly. The higher the pack charges, the dimmer the bulbs
become.
Cor.

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019, 11:32 AM evtlfp20 via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:

>   I appreaers prius pack has no bms circut, so on an aged pack can I use
> my  i charger 306b in nicad intilze  mode  to help revive it ? if it has
> not gone belew 1.5 or some thing like that ?

Re: reconditioning prius cells

   Can I use my  i charger 306b in "nicad intilze  mode"  to help revive
even fair cells  ?

Re: reconditioning prius cells

Are you talking about the Progressive iCharger?
https://www.progressiverc.com/icharger-306b.html

The specs say that it supports 3 battery types, all are LithiumIon type
batteries.
Cor.

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019, 5:32 AM evtlfp20 via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:

>    Can I use my  i charger 306b in "nicad intilze  mode"  to help revive
> even fair cells  ?

Re: watts per mile ev motorcycle vs prius

 Craig Vetter is the inventor of cruiser motorcycle fairings and had a mileage contest and has had great success in streamlining motorcycles. Lawrence Rhodes
http://craigvetter.com/pages/2012-Streamliner/2012-vetter-streamliner-p61-kit.html