EVLN: ups.com,Thor class6 delivery e-Truck R&D in LA-CA

EVLN: ups.com,Thor class6 delivery e-Truck R&D in LA-CA

https://www.canadianmanufacturing.com/research-and-development/ups-to-test-new-electric-vehicle-216935/
UPS to test new electric vehicle
August 1, 2018

[image
https://www.canadianmanufacturing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/UPS-EV-truck.jpg
A rendering of the UPS Thor EV. PHOTO: UPS
]

ATLANTA—UPS announced July 31 a collaboration with California’s Thor Trucks
Inc. to develop and test a fully-electric class 6 delivery truck in Los
Angeles, Calif, expected to be ready for deployment later this year.

The Thor electric delivery truck will have a driving range of approximately
100 miles powered by a Thor-designed and built battery that UPS says will be
lightweight and durable.

“UPS believes in the future of commercial electric vehicles. We want to
support the research needed to make advances and the companies developing
those innovative products,” said Carlton Rose, president, global fleet
maintenance and engineering for UPS. “Performance is critical in our fleet.
We are excited to get this vehicle on the road to test how it handles routes
in and around Los Angeles.”

For six months, UPS will test the medium-duty electric delivery truck as
part of its fleet. Testing will include off-road evaluation to address
durability, battery capacity, technical integration, engineering and any
items found during on-road testing.

Depending on the success of the deployment, UPS may make additional
purchases of the electric vehicle.

“We’re excited about working with a forward-thinking company like UPS,
particularly as our first collaboration,” said Dakota Semler, co-founder and
CEO of Thor Trucks. “UPS is committed to sustainability and operates one of
the most well-respected and complex fleets in the country. This is also an
incredibly valuable opportunity to gain insight into what it will take to
fulfill our mission of getting entire electric fleets on the road.”

UPS works with a wide array of manufacturers on EV technology, including
Arrival, Daimler, Tesla, Thor, Workhorse and others.
[© canadianmanufacturing.com]
https://pressroom.ups.com/pressroom/ContentDetailsViewer.page?ConceptType=PressReleases&id=1532964104882-384
UPS To Test New Electric Vehicle - UPS Pressroom
07/31/18 - The Thor electric delivery truck will have a driving range of
approximately 100 miles powered by a Thor-designed and built battery that
will be ...

http://www.thedrive.com/tech/22556/ups-teams-up-with-startup-thor-trucks-on-electric-delivery-vehicles
UPS Teams up with Startup Thor Trucks on Electric Delivery Vehicles
August 1, 2018  The courier will begin testing a Thor delivery truck later
this year. UPS will test a prototype electric delivery truck from Los
Angeles-based startup Thor Trucks later this year. If testing goes well, UPS
may order additional vehicles ...

+
https://www.fleetpoint.org/fleet-industry-news/news-by-date/roadside-emergency-recovery-services-ready-ev/
Are roadside emergency and recovery services ready for EV
July 25, 2018  -3 hours ago  The IMI's recommendations to implement a
Licence to Practice for those working on electric and hybrid vehicles now
form part of the government's 'Road to Zero' ...
https://www.fleetpoint.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Tesla-Crash.jpg