EVangel-about: (spied) Tesla-X 60D, Austin NDEW in Sept.

EVangel-about: (spied) Tesla-X 60D, Austin NDEW in Sept.

An EV in Central Texas?  I saw a Tesla on a local Hwy and followed it to
their charge point.
I yakked with a driver using the destination charger (below) on his white
Tesla-X 60D. The 2 guys drove from Waco (60mi North). He said still had
110mi charge left on his 200mi range EV.

EVs are rare in this part of central TX so it was a pleasure talking with
these guys before they took off to kill the hours of L2 (level-2) charging
time they wanted, to next drive south to Austin. There is no L3 (level-3)
charging near here, but there is some farther south.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/courtyard-marriott-killeen?hrid=wwzTK1UUJEJBgu5mtoMA7w
Courtyard Marriott  L2-only: Tesla (204VAC 48A 23mph) & j1772 (6kW)
https://www.plugshare.com/location/68699

My status: tomorrow I am driving the hours south to San Antonio (SA) to stay
for a week. I'm checking out places to rent that are near to the SA VA
Hospital. I should have internet connectivity tethered off my phone, all
should be transparent.

Before my 3pm SA motel check-in time, I hope to stop by where Austin is
holding their NDEW
https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=1331

I definitely would like to attend this one and only wish I had the youthful
energy to attend both the SA NDEW
https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=1234
 1st for a couple hours, and then finish the day at Austin's. But, I fear I
would fade-fast (my mind and EVangel-zeal is still young, just not my body)
... :-zzz

Re: EVangel-about: (spied) Tesla-X 60D, Austin NDEW in Sept.

I've seen a couple of Teslas in Austin, but the owners were not present :-(
We are still waiting for our standard range Model 3. We have family in
Driftwood, immediately south of Austin.

On 08/05/2018 03:57 PM, Bobby Keeland via EV wrote:
> I've seen a couple of Teslas in Austin, but the owners were not present :-(
> We are still waiting for our standard range Model 3. We have family in
> Driftwood, immediately south of Austin.

Teslas in the Austin area are as thick as fleas!  We have a very active
GoogleGroup and have semi-regular social gatherings.  Service Centers in
Austin and San Antonio.  A "Gallery" in Austin where one can usually
test drive and get an order under way.   My guess is that there are
several thousand Teslas in the Austin area.  Near SuperChargers in
Austin and San Marcos. More distant SuperChargers at Junction, Waco,
Three Rivers, Columbus, Flatonia.  Just yesterday, I used the
SuperCharger in Victoria after having spent the day on the coast.

If you like, I can hook you up with the GoogleGroup.

> On Sun, Aug 5, 2018, 9:03 AM brucedp5 via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> An EV in Central Texas?  I saw a Tesla on a local Hwy and followed it to
>> their charge point.
>> I yakked with a driver using the destination charger (below) on his white
>> Tesla-X 60D. The 2 guys drove from Waco (60mi North). He said still had
>> 110mi charge left on his 200mi range EV
>>
>> EVs are rare in this part of central TX so it was a pleasure talking with
>> these guys before they took off to kill the hours of L2 (level-2) charging
>> time they wanted, to next drive south to Austin. There is no L3 (level-3)
>> charging near here, but there is some farther south.

With the above mentioned SuperChargers, it is VERY rare that you will
find a Tesla using a J1772 charge station.

With the recent opening of Matehuala, we have SuperCharger chains that
reach to Mexico City and beyond.