EVcharging Station companies divvy up territories, McDrives, Cracker-Barrel +

EVcharging Station companies divvy up territories, McDrives, Cracker-Barrel +

brucedp

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUS268475595820101126
Who Are The EV Charging Station Players?
By EarthTechling at EarthTechling  Nov 26, 2010  by Pete Danko
... ECOtality ... said, "... we are the smarter charger." ... Coulomb ...
said, "We invented smart charging." ... DOE ... showered ECOtality with a
$115 million grant to install, at no cost, around 15,000 charging stations
... Coulomb ... got $37 million for a 4,600-charger program ... Nissan ...
partnered with AeroVironment to equip new Leaf buyers ... GM hooked up
with SPX ... The DOE-sponsored programs essentially divvy up most of the
areas where [EVs] will be initially sold... ECOtality's ... Arizona,
Tennessee Oregon, Dallas-Fort Worth ... Coulomb's ... Michigan, Florida,
N. Ca and Austin, Tx. In some areas ... there's overlap ... "There are a
percentage of people who don't have a garage ... public charging stations
are a tool in reassuring a public [to not] be scared off ... by the
dreaded range anxiety ... there might soon be $200 [dumb non-networked]
chargers you can [buy] off the shelf ... a networked, smart charger will
offer so much more - to users and to the utilities ... PGE in Oregon,
where oodles of wind power has gone in ... that energy can't be stored.
So if PGE can sell it in the middle of the night instead of dumping it,
even at the off-peak rate of 4 cents per kilowatt hour (vs. 12 cents/kWh
at peak times), that's good for PGE and good for consumers ... your smart
charger and the utility will talk to each other to charge your vehicle at
the lowest cost all while you get a good night's sleep ... agreements
with Best Buy and Arco to put Level 3 charging stations at 12 stores and
45 gas stations ... as an indicator that retailers will come to view
charging stations as a way to lure in and hold customers. These 480-volt
chargers will "fuel" an EV in under 30 minutes, and ECOtality is planning
to put in 350 of them ... [EV] drivers on the way from Portland to
Seattle stopping midway for a cup of coffee and a charge. The Blink fast
charger is outfitted with a screen for advertising ... As far as [DOE]
is concerned, [subscription costs are] all up to the companies it handed
the millions to; [DOE] just wants the data ...
[© Copyright 2010 Thomson Reuters]

http://evworld.com/news.cfm?newsid=24428
[image] McDrives fast food restaurant in Lelystad, Netherlands features
EV-Box charging station. SYNOPSIS: Dutch McDonald’s franchisee Panky
Nefke has installed two EV-Box charging stations at his McDrive
restaurants  EVWorldwire PRESS RELEASE  23 Nov 2010
Dutch McDonald's Now Offers [free] Electric Vehicle Charging
Dutch McDonald’s franchisee Panky Nefkens, who runs McDrives in
Lelystad and Almere, is an innovative entrepreneur. Recently he became
the first McDonald’s franchise in The Netherlands with its own EV
Charging Stations ... On Thursday 11 November – the Dutch ‘National
Sustainability Day’ two EV-Box Charging Stations were put into service.
Customers of both McDonald’s restaurants are now offered to charge their
[EVs] for free. Mr. Nefkens is proud with this new milestone: “Nowadays
it is so important to be innovative and at the same time being social
responsible.” ...
[Copyright 1998-2010, EVWorld.com, Inc. All rights reserved.]

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/2010/11/30/1673848/cracker-barrel-to-offer-electric.html?flv=1
Cracker Barrel to offer electric vehicle chargers
The Associated Press  Nov 30, 2010  LEBANON, Tenn. ... Cracker Barrel
Old Country Store Inc. has launched a pilot project in which it will
install Blink [EV] chargers, provided by ECOtality Inc., at 24
restaurants across Tennessee ... ... are mostly located near major
highways where travelers can get to them, and back on the road, easily
... an ideal fit for the charging stations ... able to [give] a full
charge in under 30 minutes.

http://www.businessreviewaustralia.com/sectors/automotive/first-electric-car-charging-station-opened-perth
[image] First Electric Car Charging Station Opened in Perth
BY m.mcnamara  Sun Nov 28, 2010
Western Australia Transport Minister Simon O’Brien officially opened
Perth’s first electric car fast charging station at roadside assistance
company RAC’s headquarters in West Perth last week ...
[Copyright 2010 by White Digital Media Group. All rights reserved]

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Car-Charging-Group-Inc-pz-1963240185.html?x=0&.v=1
Car Charging Group, Inc. Installs Electric Vehicle Charging Station at
Icon Parking Systems in Manhattan  New York City's Premier Parking
Company Provides Area Drivers With Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging
Nov 30 2010 ... The EV charging services available for use now include a
ChargePoint(R) Networked Charging Station ... manufactured by Coulomb
Technologies. The charging station has dual outputs that deliver energy
simultaneously: a 7.2 kW output delivering Level II (208/240 VAC @ 30 A)
charging via the standard SAE J1772(TM) connector and fixed 18-foot
cable, and a 2 kW output delivering Level I (120 VAC @ 16 A) charging via
a standard NEMA 5-20 receptacle protected behind a locking door. Car
Charging provides EV charging stations at no charge to property
owners/managers while retaining ownership, thus allowing drivers access
to convenient locations and partners to realize a percentage of the
charging revenue generated.

The ChargePoint(R) Network is open to all drivers of plug-in vehicles
and all manufacturers of plug-in vehicle charging stations. ChargePoint
Network's unique features include:
    * The ability for a station owner to set fees for use of their
stations (including free charging)
    * The ability for drivers to access stations without a subscription
via contactless credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover)
    * 24/7/365 telephone driver support via a toll free number on all
charging stations
    * Smart Grid ready with built in Utility Grade Capable Metering,
Time of Use (TOU) pricing and Demand Response (DR) control
    * Multiple Smart Phone applications (iPhone and Blackberry) to find
unoccupied stations and navigate to them
    * The lowest operating cost possible due to real-time operational
monitoring, alerts, diagnosis, and control of millions of stations
More than 20 different electric vehicles are planned to go on sale in
the U.S. in the next three years and the U.S. government has backed $5
billion in investments for battery technology and consumer incentives to
kick-start the market ...
[ http://www.iconparking.com/  http://www.carcharging.com/ ]

http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/Current-Sensor-IC-targets-hybrid-and-electric-vehicles-587920
Current Sensor IC targets [EVs]  Nov 30 2010 - Featuring Triaxis(TM)
Hall technology, customer-programmable Model MLX91206 monitors current
flowing in external conductor such as bus bar or PCB track. Contactless
monolithic unit consists of CMOS Hall IC with thin ferromagnetic layer
structured on its surface, which is used as magnetic flux concentrator.
Housed in SOIC8 package, RoHS-compliant sensor provides accuracy of ±2.5%
over full temperature range of -40 to 125°C and is appropriate for DC
and/or AC current measurements up to 90 kHz [ http://www.melexis.com ]
[ ©2010 Thomas Publishing Company ]

http://www.eaaev.org/
[image] MEMBERS ONLY DISCOUNT [&] Federal credits expire ... 12/31/2010
... the Clipper Creek Inc. [J-1772 charging station] Model CS-40 ...
Not a member? Signup to take advantage of this offer ... Original list
price is $3000 but member special price $2250 plus S/H ($50) FOB ...
To order contact: [ [hidden email] Tel 530-887-1674,
Fax 530-887-8527  http://www.clippercreek.net
ClipperCreek, Inc. 11850 Kemper Road Suite #E, Auburn, CA 95603-9013]

http://www.allcarselectric.com/image/100329000_ecotality-blink-dc-fast-charger-plugged-in
[image] ECOtality Blink DC fast charger plugged in
[© 2010 AllCarsElectric.com. All Rights Reserved. ]

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Zotye-SUV-EV-30k-200-mi-range-75mph-ts-rebadged-Daihatsu-Terios-td3070699.html