EVjacking: thwarted, she put gun2 driver's head> fled on foot (v)

EVjacking: thwarted, she put gun2 driver's head> fled on foot (v)

http://fox4kc.com/2018/06/06/electric-car-thwarts-would-be-carjackers/
Missouri man’s electric car thwarts would-be carjackers
June 6, 2018  Tribune Media Wire

[image
https://localtvwdaf.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/promo352567752.jpg

video  flash
Man Says Electric Car Shopped Would-Be Carjackers
]

ST. LOUIS, Mo. -- A St. Louis man believes he may be one of the first
victims of an attempted carjacking involving an electric vehicle.
Fortunately, it seems that type of car may have prevented thieves from
getting what they were after.

The victim, who goes by the name "Dan Dan The Driving Man," said he thought
his life was over on the weekend of May 19 as he was recharging his electric
vehicle at a station on South Grand.

Dan told KTVI he uses that station because it can charge his vehicle in 30
minutes as opposed to 4 to 6 hours at his home.

“A female put a gun to my head and another one over here and a man coming in
on the right. I had three guns pointed at me. They said, ‘Give us your car
and your money or we’ll shoot you,’” Dan said.

Dan, who works as a ride-share driver, gave the suspects $40 and his
cellphone. But he said they failed to steal his electric car.

At first, the three suspects tried to drive away while the vehicle was still
plugged in.

“The car will not leave or go anywhere until it’s unplugged,” Dan said.

Then the car wouldn’t start because Dan kept his key fob on him.

“When I step back, the car won’t go without me,” he said.

The woman jumped in the driver’s seat and couldn’t get it moving.

“She’s panicking because she can’t find the key. I said, 'It doesn’t have a
key, it’s a smart car.’”

Finally, he said the suspects made him drive. But that didn’t work because
the car wasn’t charged, so the suspects ultimately fled on foot.

Dan’s friend, Wendell Phillips Berwick, said Dan is a good person.

“He has given himself for 20 years, giving the homeless free rides all over
St. Louis,” Berwick said.

Dan’s goodness was obvious in his message for the three suspects.

“Turn yourself in. I forgive you. Sometimes you have to deal with the
consequences that we suffer as the result of bad choices, but we can come
back from that,” Dan said.

Police don’t have any suspects in the robbery. Dan said he can laugh about
the suspects’ failed attempts now, but at that time he feared his life could
come to an end.
[© 2018 WDAF]

http://wtkr.com/2018/06/06/electric-car-thwarts-would-be-carjackers/
June 6, 2018 - ST. LOUIS, Mo. -- A St. Louis man believes he may be one of
the first victims of an attempted carjacking involving an electric vehicle
https://twitter.com/fox4kc/status/1004529693612281857/photo/1
[video
Man Says Electric Car Stopped Would-Be Carjackers - 1:17
www.dailymotion.com/video/x6l7qtm
10 hours ago
A St. Louis man says a group of suspected carjackers failed to get away with
his car last month because they ...
]

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVjacker-Stymied-by-Bolt-EV-controls-arrested-20k-bail-Austin-TX-tp4689524.html
EVjacker: Stymied by Bolt EV controls> arrested, $20k-bail Austin-TX
Accused Austin Carjacker Stymied By Electric Car Quickly Arrested
Feb 27, 2018  The driver tried to roll up the window of his electric ride
but the suspect smashed through it, entered the car and commandeered it
after the frightened owner exited the vehicle. The alleged Austin carjacker,
28 ... tried to drive off but was unfamiliar with the controls of the Bolt

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Blackpool-uk-Leaf-EV-taxi-robbed-hijacked-tp4688968.html
EVLN: Blackpool.uk Leaf-EV taxi robbed& hijacked
24 December 2017   Blackpool taxi driver robbed at knifepoint
The male ... drove off ... a police pursuit ... down the M61 into the
Greater Manchester area ... came to a halt in the Westhoughton area after it
ran out of power ...
https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/webimage/1.8926693.1514152879!/image/image.jpg