EVlawsuit: No car could have withstood this 116mph crash> NTSB shutdown

EVlawsuit: No car could have withstood this 116mph crash> NTSB shutdown

% ? Maybe rich parents should have spent time teaching their children
right-from-wrong-behavior> obey speed limits ? %

https://boingboing.net/2019/01/09/tesla-sued-for-death-of-18-yea.html
Tesla sued for death of 18-year-old in car accident, defective battery
blamed
2019-01-09  Reuters

[image]  Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, with a Model S car. Photo: Reuters, 2016

In Illinois today, a law firm announced they are filing a lawsuit against
Tesla to hold the electric car maker accountable for a teen who died in an
accident involving a car they say had a defective battery pack.

The lawsuit filed by Chicago firm Corboy & Demetrio claims Tesla's 2014
Model S sedan had a defective battery pack that was responsible for the
death of an 18-year old passenger in an accident last May.

Some 12 cases of Tesla S batteries spontaneously bursting into flames, while
parked or driving out on the road, have happened in the last five years, the
law firm says.

Elon Musk's electric car company has been in the news over the past year or
so with stories that raise concerns about the conditions in which these
Tesla batteries are produced.

There's also the whole thing about a Mexican drug cartel dealing meth inside
one of the factories where the batteries are made.

From Reuters:

    Last May, a Tesla driven by Barrett Riley with passenger Edgar
Monserratt Martinez crashed into a concrete wall and erupted in flames in
Fort Lauderdale, Florida killing both the teenagers, according to the
lawsuit.

    The law firm represents the estate of Edgar Monserratt Martinez.

    Less than two months before the crash, Riley’s parents had a limiter
installed at a Tesla service center to prevent the vehicle from reaching
over 85 mph, but it was removed at another Tesla service visit without his
parents’ knowledge, the law firm said.

    An additional count in the lawsuit alleges Tesla was negligent in the
removal of the limiter.

    It added that Riley was driving the vehicle at 116 mph, immediately
before the collision.

    “No car could have withstood a high-speed crash of this kind,” Tesla
said in a statement, adding that its speed limit mode, which allows owners
to limit their car’s speed and acceleration, was introduced as an
over-the-air update last year in dedication to Riley.

    The lawsuit also alleges that Tesla “failed to warn purchasers of its
vehicles of the battery’s dangerous condition.”

in 2018, NTSB claimed it was investigating the crash, but no report has been
made public -- and now NTSB and all other federal government agencies are
shut down due to Trump's border wall standoff.
[© boingboing.net]

https://www.corboydemetrio.com/newsroom-news-lawsuit-against-tesla-defective-battery-death
Corboy & Demetrio Files Lawsuit Against Tesla Alleging Defective Battery
Caused Passenger’s Death
01.08.2019  Prominent Chicago law firm Corboy & Demetrio has filed a product
liability and negligence lawsuit against Tesla alleging that its 2014 Tesla
S sedan had a defective battery pack that caused the burning death of an
18-year-old passenger and that Tesla wrongly removed a limiter set so the
vehicle couldn’t travel faster than 85 mph. Corboy has partnered with
Schlesinger Law Offices of Fort Lauderdale ...

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/article224101995.html
Teens burned to death after 116-mph crash. Lawsuit blames Tesla for ...
Jan 8, 2019  A lawsuit filed Tuesday against electric car maker Tesla
acknowledges what's already known about last year's May 8 crash in Fort
Lauderdale: two 18-year-olds ...

Tesla is sued by parents of a teen who died in a Florida crash
StockNews.com (blog)-10 hours ago
Batteries like those used by Tesla and other electric cars can catch fire
and burn rapidly in a crash, although Tesla has maintained its vehicles
catch fire far less ...

Affluent Florida parents of 18-year-old who died when his friend's ...
Daily Mail-11 hours ago
'The Tesla S sedan had inadequate measures to prevent a post-collision fire
.... November 2013 - A Tesla Model S caught fire after the electric car ran
over a tow ...

Tesla is being sued for an allegedly defective battery pack catching on ...
Electrek-11 hours ago
The vehicle quickly caught on fire after the crash. Now, Reuters reports ...
I think any other car could have also caught on fire, electric or not. As
for the removal of ...

Parents sue Tesla for crash
Castanet.net-12 hours ago
The parents of a Florida teenager killed when a Telsa sedan crashed and
caught fire last year are suing the electric car company alleging that the
battery pack ...

Family Sues Tesla Over Fatal Crash, Alleging Defective Battery
Fortune-18 hours ago
 .... While car fires are relatively common, early numbers have hinted that
electric vehicles may be ...

Re: EVlawsuit: No car could have withstood this 116mph crash> NTSB shutdown

Anti-EV hogwash anyone?

On 1/10/2019 1:50 AM, brucedp5 via EV wrote:

> % ? Maybe rich parents should have spent time teaching their children
> right-from-wrong-behavior> obey speed limits ? %
>
> https://boingboing.net/2019/01/09/tesla-sued-for-death-of-18-yea.html
> Tesla sued for death of 18-year-old in car accident, defective battery
> blamed
> 2019-01-09  Reuters
>
> [image]  Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, with a Model S car. Photo: Reuters, 2016
>
> In Illinois today, a law firm announced they are filing a lawsuit against
> Tesla to hold the electric car maker accountable for a teen who died in an
> accident involving a car they say had a defective battery pack.
>
> The lawsuit filed by Chicago firm Corboy & Demetrio claims Tesla's 2014
> Model S sedan had a defective battery pack that was responsible for the
> death of an 18-year old passenger in an accident last May.
>
> Some 12 cases of Tesla S batteries spontaneously bursting into flames, while
> parked or driving out on the road, have happened in the last five years, the
> law firm says.
>

> Elon Musk's electric car company has been in the news over the past year or
> so with stories that raise concerns about the conditions in which these
> Tesla batteries are produced.
>
> There's also the whole thing about a Mexican drug cartel dealing meth inside
> one of the factories where the batteries are made.

Re: EVlawsuit: No car could have withstood this 116mph crash> NTSB shutdown

or laughing stock in court