Electric Vehicles USA

Brian Pikkula
What are your experiences with Electric Vehicles USA.

Especially lead time and communication?

--
Brian in TX
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/960

Re: Electric Vehicles USA

harry henderson

the past three years they have been great, but i've not been able to contact them for the last two weeks?

harry

Albuquerque, NM
current bike:  http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/1179
current non-bike: http://evalbum.com/1581

> It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular
> level I'm
> really quite busy.

Re: Electric Vehicles USA

lcalarea47
hi i bought parts from them ie adc 8in  motor /controller etc . excellent
phone etc reply . shipping was quick atleast for motor , controller had wait
coming out china [ ie kelly ] .   sent updates on shipping while in route .
lonnie     shipping cost was only 99.00 total , had shipped to a local store
had a loading dock ..lonnie

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Brian Pikkula <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What are your experiences with Electric Vehicles USA.
>
> Especially lead time and communication?
>
> --
> Brian in TX
> http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/960
> http://www.evdub.blogspot.com/
> It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm
> really quite busy.

Re: Electric Vehicles USA

Bob Rice-2

Re: Electric Vehicles USA

Brian Pikkula
Beware.  They are not responding to email and noe thier phone is no
longer in service.  It's been 3.5 weeks since I paid and have not
heard from them or received my order.  I have started a dispute in
PayPal to get my money back.
Brian

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 12:51 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> the past three years they have been great, but i've not been able to contact them for the last two weeks?
>

> harry
>
> Albuquerque, NM
> current bike:  http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/1179
> current non-bike: http://evalbum.com/1581

Thanks for the update, hope that everthing works out OK for you.
Russell

Re: Electric Vehicles USA

Lawrence Rhodes

So sad.  There have in the past been numerous warnings about EVA.  This guy promises the moon and doesn't deliver.  Still he catches some fish.  He was last working out of Gilroy, California.  I wonder where he is how?  Lawrence Rhodes......

Re: Electric Vehicles USA

Bob Rice-2
  This isn't the EVA in Peidmont SC? By Chance?

   Bob
> So sad.  There have in the past been numerous warnings about EVA.  This
> guy promises the moon and doesn't deliver.  Still he catches some fish.
> He was last working out of Gilroy, California.  I wonder where he is how?
> Lawrence Rhodes......

Re: Electric Vehicles USA

juiced
Yes it is in SC.

If I was closer (Charleston) I would take a ride up to see if anyone was home.

Ed
Bob Rice-2 wrote
  This isn't the EVA in Peidmont SC? By Chance?

   Bob
> So sad.  There have in the past been numerous warnings about EVA.  This
> guy promises the moon and doesn't deliver.  Still he catches some fish.
> He was last working out of Gilroy, California.  I wonder where he is how?
> Lawrence Rhodes......

Re: Electric Vehicles USA

A F-2
I ordered about $120 worth of parts from electricvehiclesusa.com back in
November 2008.  They didn't come, so I called them up.  They said they were
waiting for some shipment.  Due to various things going on, and my project
needing to be put on ice, I completely forgot about it until recently, so I
didn't notice until I took up my project again.  In the intervening eight
months or so, I never received anything from them, not even a message saying
the shipment was delayed.  Now I cannot get in contact with them; their
phone line is disconnected, their website is down.  I can only assume they
went out of business.

Yes, this is the company out of Piedmont, SC.

HOWEVER, don't confuse them with EVA, Electric Vehicles of America, in
Wolfeboro, NH.  EVA seems to be just fine, as far as I can tell by looking
at their website.

A. F.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Bob Rice <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  This isn't the EVA in Peidmont SC? By Chance?
>
>   Bob

new coverage of local EVer

harry henderson

http://www.koat.com/video/20340444/index.html

harry

Albuquerque, NM
current bike:  http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/1179
current non-bike: http://evalbum.com/1581

Re: new coverage of local EVer

Alan Brinkman
Harry,

Very nice.  I like your statement "The first car was electric, and the
last car is going to be electric, that's just the way it's going to have
to be, we don't have the gas to keep doing this another 100 years."

When KOAT, your local ABC channel, comes back, please show them the
motorcycle!

Thanks,

Alan Brinkman

Re: Electric Vehicles USA

On 10 Aug 2009 at 15:00, A F wrote:

> HOWEVER, don't confuse them [Electric Vehicles USA] with EVA, Electric
> Vehicles of America, in Wolfeboro, NH.  EVA seems to be just fine, as
> far as I can tell by looking at their website.

Too many similarly-named businesses, methinks.

I wonder if your problem company is related to EV-USA, which I traded with
back in 2006 (thinking I was trading with Cloud Electric; confusion reigns
still).  Got my stuff; overall it was OK, though not a wonderful experience,
and they're not a vendor I've ever recommended to anyone.

Bob Batson at Electric Vehicles of America is a completely different story.
He's one of the veterans of the EV conversion world and seems like a very
conscientious guy, though I admit I've never actually traded with him (came
close a few times).

Note: mail sent to "evpost" an "etpost" addresses will not

Re: Electric Vehicles USA

Doug Weathers

On Aug 11, 2009, at 10:26 AM, EVDL Administrator wrote:

> Bob Batson at Electric Vehicles of America is a completely
> different story.
> He's one of the veterans of the EV conversion world and seems like
> a very
> conscientious guy, though I admit I've never actually traded with
> him (came
> close a few times).

Bought my motor from him - great experience.

We parted ways soon after, because he's geared towards truck
conversions with floodies and a Curtis while I wanted a Ghia with
AGMs and a Zilla :)

Lots of added value, though.  He has safety videos, wiring diagrams,
etc.  Recommended vendor.

--
Doug Weathers          | "The Moon.  I've been there.  It's super!"
Las Cruces, NM, USA    |   - Astronaut Charles "Pete" Conrad

Re: Electric Vehicles USA

Bob Rice-2

>> HOWEVER, don't confuse them [Electric Vehicles USA] with EVA, Electric
>> Vehicles of America, in Wolfeboro, NH.  EVA seems to be just fine, as
>> far as I can tell by looking at their website.
>
> Too many similarly-named businesses, methinks.

       For Sure!! I got EV of USA's no from SOMEWEHERE. I bought a few Curti
from them. Jeff at EV USA was SUPER helpful, I woulda recommended him and EV
Whatever of Piedmont, SC or is it NC? Places my Auto Train, by Amtrak,
train passed through in the night, as I and my Prius slept the miles away.
But as noted EV USA sorta faded away? Damn! We need all the parts folks we
can get.

      I wonder if your problem company is related to EV-USA, which I traded
with

> back in 2006 (thinking I was trading with Cloud Electric; confusion reigns
> still).  Got my stuff; overall it was OK, though not a wonderful
> experience,
> and they're not a vendor I've ever recommended to anyone.
>
> Bob Batson at Electric Vehicles of America is a completely different
> story.
> He's one of the veterans of the EV conversion world and seems like a very
> conscientious guy, though I admit I've never actually traded with him
> (came
> close a few times).
       Bob Batson, like Mt. Rushmore, has been one of the EV "Rocks" of
parts and info, been in it as long as I have.

         Hasppy Shopping.

         Bob: http://www.evdl.org/help/

> Note: mail sent to "evpost" an "etpost" addresses will not

Re: Electric Vehicles USA

Seth Rothenberg
So, would someone who knows like to summarize?
Could we have a wiki?
Is there one?

(archives =//= wiki)

if you need a place to park one, let me know
"evwiki.pachai.net" could be set up with pmwiki in no time.
(But it would be a blank page :-)

Seth

Re: Electric Vehicles USA

jonglauser
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Seth Rothenberg<[hidden email]> wrote:
> So, would someone who knows like to summarize?
> Could we have a wiki?
> Is there one?

We had a wiki for a while, some time back. I even contributed a little
bit. But there was so little activity I think it went away? I think it
was with casadelgato or something?

-Jon Glauser
http://jonglauser.blogspot.com
http://www.evalbum.com/555

Re: Electric Vehicles USA

EVDL Administrator
On 11 Aug 2009 at 13:14, Jon Glauser wrote:

> We had a wiki for a while, some time back. I even contributed a little
> bit. But there was so little activity I think it went away? I think it
> was with casadelgato or something?

You might be thinking of EVForge.  The person who thought of it spent quite
a bit of time discussing it on the list and there seemed to be a fair amount
of enthusiasm.  But once it was up, very few people participated.  After a
year or two, the owner shut it down.

I think the problem may be that many folks here are busy working on their
EVs, and don't want to take time for wikis and the like.  That's just a
guess, though.

Every now and again I consider putting up a wiki at evdl.org.  So far I
haven't, mainly because I haven't seen listers show enough interest in the
other resources.  I do still maintain the evdl library, and it gets a LOT of
hits, but the user input there is strictly emailing me stuff to post. ;-)

Speaking of which, I have a bit of a backlog right now, so if you've emailed
or sent me material to post -- patience, please.

Note: mail sent to "evpost" an "etpost" addresses will not

Re: new coverage of local EVer

Dave Hymers
I love the extension cord right out of the charging port, great work :)

Re: Electric Vehicles USA

Jeff Shanab
I get the EVlist in digest and can barely keep up with that. (I prefer
the digest, lets not start that conversation)

The only thing I think might be good is a pastebin with default 24hour
storage and ability to set permanent.

This would allow people to post pictures, videos, code and stuff and
then place only a link in the emails.
The question is would requireing poster to be a list member be enough to
keep the spam off.

The categories we could set up could allow searching from the archive.
ie circuits, installation photo's etc.