Electric boat on the Erie Canal

Tim Humphrey

I met up with Monte yesterday in Rome. Nice guy. nice family, nice boat!

I highly encourage anyone within resonable traveling distance of the Eris to check out the rest of his schedule and pay a visit to see the boat and talk with Monte.

>From the Tamarack Lake Boat Co. website.....

Oswego/Erie Canal Solar Cruise 2007
>From August 12th to 24th, 2007, history will be made as the Loon makes its American debut as the first solar-powered watercraft to navigate the New York State canal system, traveling from Oswego to the state capital of Albany. Follow the Gisbornes as they explore this storied waterway, cruising at a relaxing pace and covering the 200+ miles through historic upstate New York State without burning a drop of oil. Many stops will be made along the way and everyone is invited to see the Loon en route and see the future of recreational boating for themselves!

for the schedule...
http://www.tamarackelectricboats.com/erie.htm

Local news...
http://www.wktv.com/news/local/9205782.html

--
Stay Charged!
Hump

Re: Electric boat on the Erie Canal

storm connors
An article in the Concord (NH) Monitor about a solar powered pontoon boat.
http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070813/REPOSITORY/708130320&SearchID=73290540042016

Interesting this one issue had 3 articles about electric vehicles.

--
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/1059
http://stormselectric.blogspot.com/