Employer charging stations el cheapo 120vac outlets work fine

Employer charging stations el cheapo 120vac outlets work fine

Hi folks
My last employer put in 10ea 120vac 20a EV charging outlets *much* cheaper than fancy charging stations since you're stuck at work for 9 hours anyway 8am-5pm you get a full charge in that time (or close to it for most EVs/distance).
Mark in Roanoke Va www.REEVAdiy.org
Dave Roden wrote:

> I don't think that insisting people take time out from work to move their
> cars when charged, subject to their cars being ticketed or towed, is the way
> to get more of them into EVs.
>
> From an employer's perspective, such interruptions don't help productivity.
>
> What if you're in a critical meeting when the "time's up" message arrives?
>
> I'd rather see employers install enough EVSEs to support all their EV
> drivers, but that's probably unrealistic.

Re: Employer charging stations el cheapo 120vac outlets work fine

Additionally..... in the the town where I live the Government installed Chargers are free but you have to pay for parking at a parking meter so you can't leave it more than 2 hours without plugging the meter.