End of charge parking.

It's been pointed out that people should move when their charge is done.  That is no always allowed by work schedules.  I think four hours is common for a full charge and no need to move until the end of the fourth hour is reasonable. There should be two spots for each charger.  I put my auto lock on so anyone can unplug me at the end of charge.  Never put your lock on at a public spot.   Lawrence Rhodes

Re: End of charge parking.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 1:56 PM, Lawrence Rhodes via EV
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> It's been pointed out that people should move when their charge is done.  That is no always allowed by work schedules.  I think four hours is common for a full charge and no need to move until the end of the fourth hour is reasonable. There should be two spots for each charger.  I put my auto lock on so anyone can unplug me at the end of charge.  Never put your lock on at a public spot.

Sounds reasonable to me...
- Dan

Re: End of charge parking.

Better [AT WORK] to simply provide dozens of 120v outlets and then people
can stay plugged in all day.  It also eliminates demand charges on the
employers electric bill.  bob

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> It's been pointed out that people should move when their charge is done.
That is no always allowed by work schedules.  I think four hours is common
for a full charge and no need to move until the end of the fourth hour is
reasonable. There should be two spots for each charger.  I put my auto
lock on so anyone can unplug me at the end of charge.  Never put your lock
on at a public spot.

Sounds reasonable to me...
- Dan

Re: End of charge parking.

I use public charging when working...mostly.  Lawrence Rhodes

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> It's been pointed out that people should move when their charge is done.
That is no always allowed by work schedules.  I think four hours is common
for a full charge and no need to move until the end of the fourth hour is
reasonable. There should be two spots for each charger.  I put my auto
lock on so anyone can unplug me at the end of charge.  Never put your lock
on at a public spot.

Sounds reasonable to me...
- Dan

Re: End of charge parking.

Or, with minimal improvement to the technology, it could send you a text
message about 15 minutes before completing the charge.

This may all be mute in 5-10 years as we get more and more high speed
chargers. I can see arguments both ways.

1. The majority of people may prefer a 5-10 minute quick charge at a
"service" station. Eliminates the bother of having to unplug and move
the vehicle midday. Also allows for flexibility of unplanned outings.

2. Or, people who always park in the same place all day will increase
the demand for L2 charging in parking areas.

If we're going to have increased use of shared L2 charging spots,
though, there needs to be an improvement.

Peri