F-Tesla_chanting trucks ICEed/blocked all superEVSE @Sheetz.com NC store

https://qz.com/1506901/trucks-are-ice-ing-tesla-owners-from-charging-stations/
Tesla owners are being “ICE-ed” out of charging stations by trucks
December 24, 2018  Michael J. Coren

[image
https://cms.qz.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/1kjqr9sq9y521.jpg
 / Leicina/Reddit

share
https://twitter.com/LeilaniMunter/status/1076720837263282178
Leilani Münter  @LeilaniMunter
This is scary. I’ve been coal-rolled in my Tesla by several trucks in NC,
the drivers were hostile. If you don’t know what it is google “Stephen
Colbert Coal Rolling.” One day these conflicts will end very badly. @Tesla
@hickorypd @StephenAtHome @cleanairNC @cleanenergyorg @CMPD

Mike Hoffman @McHoffa
@LeilaniMunter careful charging in Hickory. The ignorant people are aware of
us
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/a8rl0a/ive_never_had_a_supercharging_experience_like/?st=JQ0DQJLU&sh=73d632fe

12:07 AM - Dec 23, 2018
]

First, there was rolling coal. Now there’s ICE-ing.  As electric motors
encroach on internal combustion engines, some truck owners are getting
angry. And Teslas are a favorite target.

Rolling coal has been a pastime for some truck owners who modify their
engines to blow plumes of black smoke. Videos [
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWg0G2G3Wes
] show truck owners slowing down to blanket neighborhood sidewalks in soot,
and belch smoke at trailing hybrid and electric vehicles (EV). One popular
bumper sticker on such vehicles: “Prius Repellent [
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/07/rolling_coal_conservatives_who_show_their_annoyance_with_liberals_obama.html
].” Complaints of the practice are rising (paywall [
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/05/business/energy-environment/rolling-coal-in-diesel-trucks-to-rebel-and-provoke.html
]), and New Jersey was the first state to ban it (although it’s already
illegal under federal law to alter emissions controls).

Now “ICE-ing”—the I, C and E taken from internal combustion engine—is on the
rise. The practice involves parking fossil-fuel-powered vehicles in
designated EV charging spots to block anyone from using them. For EV owners,
it’s the equivalent of someone parking in front of a gas pump. Sometimes
it’s unintentional. Other times it’s not.

One of the most recent incidents was at a North Carolina convenience store
called Sheetz. Reddit user Leicina posted her account [
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/a8rl0a/ive_never_had_a_supercharging_experience_like/
] of several pickup-trucks pulling in to block all the Tesla supercharging
station’s spots.

“I’ve never had a supercharging experience like this one,” she wrote. “These
trucks blocked all the chargers, chanted ‘F’ Tesla, and were kicked out by a
Sheetz employee.”

States and cities are now passing laws to prohibit the practice (so far
Florida [
http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/366.94
], California, Oregon, Massachusetts, Illinois, and Washington [
https://insideevs.com/washington-passes-law-to-fine-motorists-124-for-ice-vehicles-parking-in-ev-only-spaces/
] are among those with rules on the books [
https://pluginsites.org/plug-in-vehicle-parking-legislation-reference/
]). A few cities in the South such as Raleigh, North Carolina and Knoxville,
Tennessee, have also taken action, along with private-property owners—such
as a shopping center in Virginia [
https://pluginsites.org/suv-towed-from-iced-charging-station/
] —which tow offending vehicles.

But Leilani Münte [
http://www.leilani.green/bio/
], a top race-car driver and environmental activist who drives a Tesla, says
being an EV owner in her home state still invites harassment.
[© qz.com]
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/iceing-at-superchargers.138770/
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/how-to-manage-ev-iceing.125948/
[video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oBMXbOgs6I
I.C.E.-ING Superchargers - A Useless Tesla Model 3 Video (You've been
warned)
DaxM  Published on Nov 27, 2018
What to do when Superchargers are I.C.E.d ...

Making Fun of EV Owners: F-Tesla_chanting trucks ICEed/blocked all superEVSE @Sheetz.com NC store

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/making-fun-of-ev-owners-what-is-ice-ing-131262.html
Making Fun of EV Owners: What Is ICE-ing?
28 Dec 2018 ...  reports of EV owners being harassed in one way or another
... preferred targets of the people doing this seem to be Tesla charging
stations. Witnesses say some of the truck drivers even shout profanities at
Tesla and EV owners as they park their oversized ICE trucks in front of the
stations ...
https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/making-fun-of-ev-owners-what-is-ice-ing-131262_1.jpg

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

Re: Making Fun of EV Owners: F-Tesla_chanting trucks ICEed/blocked all superEVSE @Sheetz.com NC store

Does anyone on the list have links to legislation prohibiting non-EVs from parking in
dedicated EV charging spots?  I'd like to try and get ahead of this problem here in
Wisconsin and it would be great if I had some examples of such legislation when contacting
my state representatives.

Armed with a state statute prohibiting such blockage, EV owners would at least have a
chance to get police to deal with these kinds of people.

Please let me know.  Thanks!

-Tom

On 12/29/2018 3:25 AM, brucedp5 via EV wrote:

> https://www.autoevolution.com/news/making-fun-of-ev-owners-what-is-ice-ing-131262.html
> Making Fun of EV Owners: What Is ICE-ing?
> 28 Dec 2018 ...  reports of EV owners being harassed in one way or another
> ... preferred targets of the people doing this seem to be Tesla charging
> stations. Witnesses say some of the truck drivers even shout profanities at
> Tesla and EV owners as they park their oversized ICE trucks in front of the
> stations ...
> https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/making-fun-of-ev-owners-what-is-ice-ing-131262_1.jpg
>

> For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
> http://evdl.org/evln/
>

> {brucedp.neocities.org}

Thomas Hudson
http://portev.org -- Electric Vehicles, Solar Power & More
http://klanky.com -- Animation Projects

On 12/30/2018 20:33, Tom Hudson via EV wrote:

> Does anyone on the list have links to legislation prohibiting non-EVs
> from parking in dedicated EV charging spots?  I'd like to try and get
> ahead of this problem here in Wisconsin and it would be great if I had
> some examples of such legislation when contacting my state
> representatives.
>
> Armed with a state statute prohibiting such blockage, EV owners would
> at least have a chance to get police to deal with these kinds of people.
>
> Please let me know.  Thanks!

A single Google search found this:

https://pluginsites.org/plug-in-vehicle-parking-legislation-reference/

EV parking legislation: F-Tesla_chanting trucks ICEed/blocked all superEVSE @Sheetz.com NC store

With any parking legislation it is a MUST to have signage and it must not be
foolishly placed too high, too low or off to the side. It HAS TO be place so
it is in the face (windshield height) of the ice driver. Any new parking
legislation should have tow-away in it, and the signage state tow-away in
RED letters and as show the rear of a tow truck w/ hook. Too many times ice
drivers got away with not paying the fine by saying they did not know,
strong signage forces ice drivers to pay the price for their dirty deed.
Signage image links:

https://www.stopsignsandmore.com/p-3011-official-r112-california-electric-vehicle-parking-tow-away-sign-24x24.aspx

https://www.tapconet.com/store/product-detail/slbb/r112-ca-tow-away-zone-symbol-vehicles-not-connected-to-electric-charging-will-be-towed-sign?c=Imab&sku=311524

https://goo.gl/images/XL4UDz

https://goo.gl/images/DtjoWU

https://goo.gl/images/KDZW3w

https://goo.gl/images/eTs439

https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugshare.production.photos/photos/193284.jpg

https://www.stopsignsandmore.com/p-1445-r113a-no-parking-except-for-electric-vehicle-charging-sign-12x18.aspx

https://goo.gl/images/aZn4Hu

https://www.google.com/search?q=signage+tow+away+charging+station&source=lnms&tbm=isch

https://abc13.com/news/car-towed-heres-how-to-avoid-spending-hundreds-of-dollars/1090697/
 ... Even then, the signs have to be specific including the international
towing symbol, the words "towing" or "booting enforced" at the top, who can
park there, the days and hours of enforcement, and a phone number that's
answered 24-hours a day. ...

Here some parking legislation search links to explore:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Parking+Legislation+Plug-In+Vehicle+Charging

https://www.google.com/search?q=is+it+illegal+to+park+in+an+electric+charging+spot

https://www.google.com/search?q=california+electric+vehicle+parking+law

http://www.dot.ca.gov/trafficops/policy/13-01.pdf

Re: Making Fun of EV Owners: F-Tesla_chanting trucksICEed/blocked all superEVSE @Sheetz.com NC store

Interesting that California explicitly requires the vehicle to be connected for charging purposes, while Illinois is fine if you park an EV in a charging spot without even bothering to plug in.
One of my biggest issues is a local Hospital where one entitled Tesla Model S owner always parks in the first EV Charging stall, without ever plugging in I guess it belongs to an employee who always comes early. So, why not park in one of the other stalls without charger? Since this is a busy location with plenty EVs coming and only 4 Level 2 stalls, often the only way to charge is to park halfway in the passage and halfway across the striped area next to the Model S, so the cord of the charging station can reach your EV, as all other stalls are occupied with cars in various states of charging, so the only available station is in front of the Model S. Seriously, this is as inconsiderate as it comes – pretty much at the level of ICEing that charging station. And apparently equally illegal.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On 12/30/2018 20:33, Tom Hudson via EV wrote:

> Does anyone on the list have links to legislation prohibiting non-EVs
> from parking in dedicated EV charging spots?  I'd like to try and get
> ahead of this problem here in Wisconsin and it would be great if I had
> some examples of such legislation when contacting my state
> representatives.
>
> Armed with a state statute prohibiting such blockage, EV owners would
> at least have a chance to get police to deal with these kinds of people.
>
> Please let me know.  Thanks!

A single Google search found this:

https://pluginsites.org/plug-in-vehicle-parking-legislation-reference/

On 12/30/2018 20:33, Tom Hudson via EV wrote:

> Does anyone on the list have links to legislation prohibiting non-EVs
> from parking in dedicated EV charging spots?  I'd like to try and get
> ahead of this problem here in Wisconsin and it would be great if I had
> some examples of such legislation when contacting my state
> representatives.
>
> Armed with a state statute prohibiting such blockage, EV owners would
> at least have a chance to get police to deal with these kinds of people.
>
> Please let me know.  Thanks!

A single Google search found this:

https://pluginsites.org/plug-in-vehicle-parking-legislation-reference/

Re: Making Fun of EV Owners: F-Tesla_chanting trucks ICEed/blocked all superEVSE @Sheetz.com NC store

Most chargers are on private property

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 30, 2018, at 11:33 PM, Tom Hudson via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Does anyone on the list have links to legislation prohibiting non-EVs from parking in dedicated EV charging spots?  I'd like to try and get ahead of this problem here in Wisconsin and it would be great if I had some examples of such legislation when contacting my state representatives.
>
> Armed with a state statute prohibiting such blockage, EV owners would at least have a chance to get police to deal with these kinds of people.
>
> Please let me know.  Thanks!
>
> -Tom
>
>> On 12/29/2018 3:25 AM, brucedp5 via EV wrote:
>> https://www.autoevolution.com/news/making-fun-of-ev-owners-what-is-ice-ing-131262.html
>> Making Fun of EV Owners: What Is ICE-ing?
>> 28 Dec 2018 ...  reports of EV owners being harassed in one way or another
>> ... preferred targets of the people doing this seem to be Tesla charging
>> stations. Witnesses say some of the truck drivers even shout profanities at
>> Tesla and EV owners as they park their oversized ICE trucks in front of the
>> stations ...
>> https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/making-fun-of-ev-owners-what-is-ice-ing-131262_1.jpg
>>

>> For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
>> http://evdl.org/evln/
>>

>> {brucedp.neocities.org}
>>
>> --
>> Sent from: http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/

> Thomas Hudson
> http://portev.org -- Electric Vehicles, Solar Power & More
> http://klanky.com -- Animation Projects

Re: Making Fun of EV Owners: F-Tesla_chanting trucks ICEed/blocked all superEVSE @Sheetz.com NC store

There are already laws.  First off most stations are on private property.  You can tow from private property at will.  Second most EV spots have ordinance and state or municipal signage.  There are also disturbing the peace and incite riot laws.  Plenty of ammo the get the police going.  Lawrence Rhodes

Re: Making Fun of EV Owners: F-Tesla_chanting trucks ICEed/blocked all superEVSE @Sheetz.com NC store

I think property owners have the right to post correctly worded "tow
away" signs and empower any and all EV owners to have an ICE towed
from a dedicated EV charging spot on the owner's property.

At 06:37 AM 12/31/2018, paul dove via EV wrote:

>Most chargers are on private property
>
>Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Dec 30, 2018, at 11:33 PM, Tom Hudson via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone on the list have links to legislation prohibiting
> non-EVs from parking in dedicated EV charging spots?  I'd like to
> try and get ahead of this problem here in Wisconsin and it would be
> great if I had some examples of such legislation when contacting my
> state representatives.
> >
> > Armed with a state statute prohibiting such blockage, EV owners
> would at least have a chance to get police to deal with these kinds of people.
> >
> > Please let me know.  Thanks!
> >
> > -Tom
> >
> >> On 12/29/2018 3:25 AM, brucedp5 via EV wrote:
> >>
> https://www.autoevolution.com/news/making-fun-of-ev-owners-what-is-ice-ing-131262.html
> >> Making Fun of EV Owners: What Is ICE-ing?
> >> 28 Dec 2018 ...  reports of EV owners being harassed in one way or another
> >> ... preferred targets of the people doing this seem to be Tesla charging
> >> stations. Witnesses say some of the truck drivers even shout
> profanities at
> >> Tesla and EV owners as they park their oversized ICE trucks in
> front of the
> >> stations ...
> >>
> https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/making-fun-of-ev-owners-what-is-ice-ing-131262_1.jpg

Tesla-X Tows-Away Silverado-ice> De-ICE'ing Supercharger (v)

[ref  (rush's post)
https://www.mail-archive.com/ev@.../msg25020.html
Tesla tows Pickup truck
]

http://www.thedrive.com/news/25746/tesla-model-x-owner-de-ices-supercharger-by-towing-away-parked-chevrolet-silverado
Tesla Model X Owner 'De-ICEs' Supercharger by Towing Away Parked Chevrolet
Silverado
January 2, 2019  Brian Evans

[image
http://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/foundry/image/?q=70&w=1440&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftimedotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2019%2F01%2FScreen-Shot-2019-01-02-at-10.png

http://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/foundry/image/?q=60&url=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fthe-drive-staging%2Fmessage-editor%252F1546444139720-icedtrucks.jpg
Reddit User Barcode Official

video
https://youtu.be/ClDpGqj3PGA
Model X Towing a Chevy Silverado Truck out of a Supercharger Station  Tesla
Trips via YouTube
]

Truck owners beware—the Model X can really tow.

A recent trend has popped up across the nation, called "ICEing" by some,
where pickup owners park their vehicles across a line of Tesla
Superchargers. This practice can strand Tesla owners who might be depending
on the Supercharging station to top off their batteries to complete their
journey. In a video posted by the YouTube channel Tesla Trip, they test if a
Model X can tow a Chevy Silverado out of a Supercharger station and, handily
for EV fanatics, the results are positive.

In case you missed it, the Silverado is owned by a family member so no one's
personal property was tampered with unknowingly. The Drive does not endorse
towing or tampering with other's property.

The Model X seems to tow the Silverado out of the way fairly effortlessly
which should be no surprise to Tesla fans as the Model X has proved it's
towing chops many times over. The Boring Company used a Model X to tow a
claimed 250,000 pounds worth of rail cars full of muck out of one of its
tunnels, and the electric SUV has also been used to help tow a stuck semi
truck up a hill in snowy conditions.

The "ICEing" of Superchargers [
http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/17222/gentle-reminder-stop-parking-your-cars-in-electric-charging-stalls
], as Tesla owners call it, is not a new phenomenon but up until now it
usually was only a car or two blocking the stalls. In the past few months,
Tesla owners have reported packs of pickup trucks blocking charging stalls
and even going as far to harass the EV drivers. In a recent post to the
Tesla Motors subreddit, one user claims several truck owners took up a slew
of stalls at a Supercharger and were shouting profanities at the Tesla
owners attempting to charge their vehicles.

These situations can be frustrating for Tesla owners who often have no clear
solution or steps to have the trucks removed. Several states have enacted
legislation which makes it illegal for conventional gas-powered vehicles to
park in spots designated for EV charging but that doesn't always include a
clause for having the vehicle towed. It's also difficult to discern who owns
the Supercharger in certain cases but the property owners ultimately have
the ability to work with towing companies to have the offending vehicles
removed.
[© thedrive.com]

Re: Making Fun of EV Owners: F-Tesla_chanting trucksICEed/blocked all superEVSE @Sheetz.com NC store

Hmm, check the law in your state. I believe that the owner (or delegated to manager) of the property has to request a tow, it can’t be just any passer by, police will want to hear from the property responsible person and so will tow companies. There usually are stiff penalties (like, 4x the towing fee) for illegal towing, at least in California.
Cor.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I think property owners have the right to post correctly worded "tow
away" signs and empower any and all EV owners to have an ICE towed
from a dedicated EV charging spot on the owner's property.

At 06:37 AM 12/31/2018, paul dove via EV wrote:

>Most chargers are on private property
>
>Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Dec 30, 2018, at 11:33 PM, Tom Hudson via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone on the list have links to legislation prohibiting
> non-EVs from parking in dedicated EV charging spots?  I'd like to
> try and get ahead of this problem here in Wisconsin and it would be
> great if I had some examples of such legislation when contacting my
> state representatives.
> >
> > Armed with a state statute prohibiting such blockage, EV owners
> would at least have a chance to get police to deal with these kinds of people.
> >
> > Please let me know.  Thanks!
> >
> > -Tom
> >
> >> On 12/29/2018 3:25 AM, brucedp5 via EV wrote:
> >>
> https://www.autoevolution.com/news/making-fun-of-ev-owners-what-is-ice-ing-131262.html
> >> Making Fun of EV Owners: What Is ICE-ing?
> >> 28 Dec 2018 ...  reports of EV owners being harassed in one way or another
> >> ... preferred targets of the people doing this seem to be Tesla charging
> >> stations. Witnesses say some of the truck drivers even shout
> profanities at
> >> Tesla and EV owners as they park their oversized ICE trucks in
> front of the
> >> stations ...
> >>
> https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/making-fun-of-ev-owners-what-is-ice-ing-131262_1.jpg

Petulant trucker-hat-wearing duo of dolts foolishly finger-gesture &shout !rump: chanting trucks ...

% All EVSE-spots' signage should be 'fine &tow-away'
in red letters with local enforcement codes numbers cited %

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/letters/2019/01/19/letter-truckers-fight/
Letter: Truckers fight losing war against electric vehicles
2019-01-19  Deedra Hansen Lambert

Some pickup truck drivers are waging a war against hybrid/electric vehicles
drivers. In addition to “rolling coal” on Teslas, Leafs, etc., these
champions of the soon-to-be-extinct internal combustion engine are parking
and blocking public EV chargers.

I encountered a duo of dolts doing this recently as they parked their large
Ford pickup at a well-marked EV charger on 300 South in Salt Lake City.

“Electric vehicle parking only — must be charging,” the sign proclaimed. But
the trucker-hat-wearing man-children decided they were going to, to, well,
I’m not really sure what these fools were trying to accomplish by blocking
an EV charger. Prevent cleaner air?

Dudes, look around. The air quality in Salt Lake is horrendous, and you’re
trying to make it worse? As the pair were leaving, I pointed out that they
were parked at an EV spot. They shrugged their shoulders and made rude hand
gestures. I made a finger gesture.

The driver then rolled down his window, pumped his fist and shouted, “Go
Trump!”

Huh?

Truckers, you benefit from people driving EVs. They produce less pollution.
Stop blocking chargers and acting like petulant children. EVs are the
future. Best get used to it.
 -Deedra Hansen Lambert, Salt Lake City
[© sltrib.com]
https://www.plugshare.com/location/113080
349 W 300 S, Salt Lake City, UT (L2)
https://www.plugshare.com/location/89677
1038 S 300 W, Salt Lake City UT (Tesla)
http://www.deferredconsumption.com/2014/04/is-electric-car-doable-in-slc-just.html
 ... Level 1 public station at 50 E and 300 S ...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IYl1THILKK0/U0tapzpM2RI/AAAAAAAABVc/M8Z2Rg44WWo/s1600/photo+(6).JPG

[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/F-Tesla-chanting-trucks-ICEed-blocked-all-superEVSE-Sheetz-com-NC-store-tp4692311.html
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Rant-Rave-not-charging-in-an-EVSE-spot-extremely-frustrating-tp4692436.html

Re: Petulant trucker-hat-wearing duo of dolts foolishly finger-gesture &shout !rump: chanting trucks ...

It's a waste of time to try to reason with these proudly ignorant dupes.
They'll just laugh at you, or worse.

No point in arguing that EV owners are helping clean up their air, either.
Clean air doesn't interest them.  In fact, most of them deliberately fill
their lungs -- and their families' -- with carbon monoxide, benzene,
cadmium, arsenic, cyanide, tar, and nicotine, 20 or more times a day.

They'll eventually suffocate in their own excreta.  Unfortunately, it looks
like they'll take the rest of us with them.  So it goes.

Re: Petulant trucker-hat-wearing duo of dolts foolishly finger-gesture &shout !rump: chanting trucks ...

Agreed about the signage... but I think these Neanderthals would do it anyway. We need to get photos of the offenders every time it happens and document it. Using this kind of evidence, I'm hoping to get a state statute against this crap here in Wisconsin so that when we see it, we can call the police to enforce it.
Until now, this deliberate blockage could only be referred to whatever entity owns the facility where the chargers are located, i.e. Tesla Supercharger sites in mall parking lots, which can be problematic in terms of enforcement. If it's after hours, getting in contact with whoever can do something isn't always possible. Not so with state statutes and actual police.
-Tom
-------- Original message --------From: brucedp5 via EV <[hidden email]> Date: 1/20/19  2:10 PM  (GMT+12:00) To: [hidden email] Cc: brucedp5 <[hidden email]> Subject: [EVDL] Petulant trucker-hat-wearing duo of dolts foolishly

Tom Hudson via EV wrote:
> Agreed about the signage... but I think these Neanderthals would do it anyway. We need to get photos of the offenders every time it happens and document it. Using this kind of evidence, I'm hoping to get a state statute against this crap here in Wisconsin so that when we see it, we can call the police to enforce it.
> Until now, this deliberate blockage could only be referred to whatever entity owns the facility where the chargers are located, i.e. Tesla Supercharger sites in mall parking lots, which can be problematic in terms of enforcement. If it's after hours, getting in contact with whoever can do something isn't always possible. Not so with state statutes and actual police.

I would think that once law enforcement is "on board", they will
aggressively ticket offenders as a money-making venture.

They need a camerea on the EVSE. When someone parks there illegally, it
"calls in". Same as in areas that have parking meters that "call in"
when a meter expires, so they can get there quick to ticket the car.

--
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in
possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. (Max Born)

Re: Petulant trucker-hat-wearing duo of dolts foolishly finger-gesture &shout !rump: chanting trucks ...

There are technical solutions available:
Parking space barriers to reserve parking spaces could also be used for
charging spaces.

Examples are already in place at some malls, and some units can be
controlled by phone.

Here is one article for the MyPark system:

http://tcbmag.com/news/articles/2018/december/pay-to-reserve-parking-spot-app-mypark-thriving-at

Obviously this doesn't prevent actual physical vandalism. Cameras and law
enforcement is needed in those cases.

On Sun, Jan 20, 2019, 19:50 Lee Hart via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tom Hudson via EV wrote:
> > Agreed about the signage... but I think these Neanderthals would do it
> anyway. We need to get photos of the offenders every time it happens and
> document it. Using this kind of evidence, I'm hoping to get a state statute
> against this crap here in Wisconsin so that when we see it, we can call the
> police to enforce it.
> > Until now, this deliberate blockage could only be referred to whatever
> entity owns the facility where the chargers are located, i.e. Tesla
> Supercharger sites in mall parking lots, which can be problematic in terms
> of enforcement. If it's after hours, getting in contact with whoever can do
> something isn't always possible. Not so with state statutes and actual
> police.
>
> I would think that once law enforcement is "on board", they will
> aggressively ticket offenders as a money-making venture.
>
> They need a camerea on the EVSE. When someone parks there illegally, it
> "calls in". Same as in areas that have parking meters that "call in"
> when a meter expires, so they can get there quick to ticket the car.

Re: Petulant trucker-hat-wearing duo of dolts foolishly finger-gesture &shout !rump: chanting trucks ...

When I drove my Tesla to Georgia one of the Superchargers was in a pay parking lot. You get a ticket to open the gate and get it stamped by a local merchant nearby. This solution would cut down on Ice blockers I suspect.

Sent from my iPad