FW: Know any good sponsorship agents?

Mike Willmon-3
Two reasons for me to respond to this.

1.)  Is to just make folks aware that Dennis' S10, Smokescreen, holds the NEDRA MC/A3 "Modified Conversion" class record of 11.083
seconds at 119.91 mph.  This class is not necessarily the "Street Class" as alluded to.  However Dennis' truck is also Street Legal.
This fact however, does make his truck the quickest Street Legal EV on the road.  However to be fair the PS/A3 "Pro Street" class
record is currently held by White Zombie at 11.466 seconds at 114.08 mph.  This is an important distinction because although ALL the
cars in the PS class must be street legal, in the MC class they are not required to be.  And further in the MC class there are
things you are allowed to do to your vehicle that are not allowed in the Pro-Street class.  I just wanted to get the facts straight
as they "currently" stand.

2.) the more important reason which relates more to this thread is that Dennis you now have a gracious offer from Shawn to use his
pack of A123's to make a showing at the NHRA Full Throttle EVent in July :-D  ... in either the S10 or the Dragster.  Please bring
both.  What say you ;-)  What better way to drum up sponsorship notoriety?

Mike

Re: FW: Know any good sponsorship agents?

KilowattA798
In a message dated 12/28/2009 12:27:54 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

> Subj: [EVDL] FW: Know any good sponsorship agents?
> Date:12/28/2009 12:27:54 AM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:[hidden email]
> Reply-to:[hidden email]
> To:[hidden email]
> Received from Internet:
>

> Two reasons for me to respond to this.
>
> 1.)  Is to just make folks aware that Dennis' S10, Smokescreen, holds the
> NEDRA MC/A3 "Modified Conversion" class record of 11.083
> seconds at 119.91 mph.  This class is not necessarily the "Street Class"
> as alluded to.  However Dennis' truck is also Street Legal.

> This fact however, does make his truck the quickest Street Legal EV on
> the road.  However to be fair the PS/A3 "Pro Street" class
> record is currently held by White Zombie at 11.466 seconds at 114.08 mph.
> This is an important distinction because although ALL the
> cars in the PS class must be street legal, in the MC class they are not
> required to be.  And further in the MC class there are
> things you are allowed to do to your vehicle that are not allowed in the
> Pro-Street class.  I just wanted to get the facts straight
> as they "currently" stand.

The motor in the truck may be sold to a group of racers on the E.coast.The
loong motor will take its place. I do need to shift some weight to the front
because the susp.in front is not collapsing after launching as I would
like.So the motor will mostly be in the engine compartment instead of the tranny
tunnel. PS class?

> 2.) the more important reason which relates more to this thread is that
> Dennis you now have a gracious offer from Shawn to use his
> pack of A123's to make a showing at the NHRA Full Throttle EVent in July
> :-D  ... in either the S10 or the Dragster.  Please bring
> both.  What say you ;-)  What better way to drum up sponsorship notoriety?
>
> Mike
> I cannot bring both, but I think a street car shoot out ?.

Is this one of the NHRA national races?

Dennis Berube

Re: FW: Know any good sponsorship agents?

Mike Willmon-3
Yep, Most certainly will be a NEDRA EVent.
And it has a *possibility* of also being double billed as the Wayland Invite 6.
Mike