Firste electric DeLorean, was Re: $75k: A really fluxed electric DeLorean

Firste electric DeLorean, was Re: $75k: A really fluxed electric DeLorean

drdhdmd
Peter,

Where did you get this information?

I have searched all over and cannot find anything about this guy or his
company.

Thank  you,

Dave Delman
1981 Electric DeLorean  Project
electricdelorean.com
http://evalbum.com/1482

Message: 5
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 14:18:22 -0700
From: Peter  Gabrielsson <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [EVDL] $75k: A  really fluxed electric DeLorean
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List  <[hidden email]>

To the best of my knowledge the first  electric Delorean was converted
by Rich Elgin of "Electric Vehicle Design" in  Monrovia, CA. He's also
supposed to still own the title to the car which is  on display at
universal, it was converted for the movie back to the  future.

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 1:13 PM,  <[hidden email]>  wrote:

> I applaud this effort, but this certainly is not  the first electric
> DeLorean to be made.
> The first electric  DeLorean was built in 2005 by Carl Tilley. It lives on
> and has been  resurrected and is in Las Vegas. The second electric
DeLorean
> was built  in New York by me and my great friend Tom. The third is in
Japan
> and the  fourth in Italy. There are a number of others in various stages
of
>  construction in the USA.
> So at best this may be the fifth one to be  built, depending on when it is
> finished.
> First or fifth, it  doesn't matter because any electric DeLorean is really
>  cool!

eLectricDeLorean.com

> Thank you,
>
>  Dave Delman
> 1981 Electric DeLorean Project
>  electricdelorean.com
>  http://evalbum.com/1482

Re: Firste electric DeLorean, was Re: $75k: A really fluxed electric DeLorean

Peter Gabrielsson
He's a friend of a coworker, which is also where I got the
information. I've never verified it though from Rich in person though,
I'll ask him if I bump into him again.

The company is not around anymore, I got my motor and controller from
him when he moved out of his Monrovia location. I think he restores
airplanes now.

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 5:37 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Where did you get this information?
>
> I have searched all over and cannot find anything about this guy or his
> company.
>
> Thank  you,
>
> Dave Delman
> 1981 Electric DeLorean  Project
> electricdelorean.com
> http://evalbum.com/1482
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 14:18:22 -0700
> From: Peter  Gabrielsson <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [EVDL] $75k: A  really fluxed electric DeLorean
> To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List  <[hidden email]>
>
> To the best of my knowledge the first  electric Delorean was converted
> by Rich Elgin of "Electric Vehicle Design" in  Monrovia, CA. He's also
> supposed to still own the title to the car which is  on display at
> universal, it was converted for the movie back to the  future.
>
> On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 1:13 PM,  <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>

>> I applaud this effort, but this certainly is not  the first electric
>> DeLorean to be made.
>> The first electric  DeLorean was built in 2005 by Carl Tilley. It lives on
>> and has been  resurrected and is in Las Vegas. The second electric
> DeLorean
>> was built  in New York by me and my great friend Tom. The third is in
> Japan
>> and the  fourth in Italy. There are a number of others in various stages
> of
>>  construction in the USA.
>> So at best this may be the fifth one to be  built, depending on when it is
>> finished.
>> First or fifth, it  doesn't matter because any electric DeLorean is really
>>  cool!
>>
> eLectricDeLorean.com
>>

>> Thank you,
>>
>>  Dave Delman
>> 1981 Electric DeLorean Project
>>  electricdelorean.com
>>  http://evalbum.com/1482

www.electric-lemon.com

Re: Firste electric DeLorean, was Re: $75k: A really fluxed electric DeLorean

someevdlfan
Rich Elgin is still working in Monrovia. His business is on Maple Street in Monrovia, just down from his old shop. His office number is 626-305-0415. I have had this discussion with him many times, and yes, he claims to have built the very first electric delorean.

Re: Firste electric DeLorean, was Re: $75k: A really fluxed electric DeLorean

Richard Elgin
As far as I know, the DeLorean that I built in 1982 was the first, and John himself confirmed that this was the first car to be converted. The car was later used in the first "Back to the Future" movies. The later movies used cars that were built by Gene Winfield at his shop in Van Nuys.
        Rich Elgin