Free 2000 RAV4 EV (well, sort of)

I may just have just bought a couple of 2000 RAV4 EVs in CA. I believe both
were previously owned by the US Park Service. Based on vehicle reports,
these have less than 8k miles but there's no way to determine actual
mileage and true condition today. Since I'm based in Dallas and I would
like to drop both battery packs in CA instead of transporting both cars to
Texas.  I'm posting this to the group to ask if there are RAV4 EV owners in
the Vallejo area who could provide some assistance.

I need a place to work, tools & equipment to drop the battery packs.  I'll
donate 2 complete RAV4s (minus the packs) for parts. My understanding is
both vehicles have clean titles. I should know in a couple of days if the
purchase are truly secured or not. If anyone wants to get a hold of me, I'm
at 469.765.7621. Please leave a message as I do not pick up unsaved numbers.

Regards,
Dex

Need work space near Vallejo: RAV4 EV gen1 pack-replace

If I understood Dex's Chris post
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Free-2000-RAV4-EV-well-sort-of-tp4692485.html

If he gets the two gen1 RAV4 EVs, he needs a place near Vallejo (North-east
SF area) to do the pack replacements, before transporting them to his home
turf (Dallas, TX).

(btw besides leaving him a voicemail, you can also text him to that number,
suggest you use a subject like:
rav4 ev rework
)

Links: there are several gen1 rav4 ev discussion/group/forum areas to also
post his request for an area near Vallejo to do the work

https://www.google.com/search?q=RAV4+EV+forum

www.myrav4ev.com/forum/

https://www.google.com/search?q=RAV4+EV+discussion

https://www.google.com/search?q=RAV4+EV+owners

RAV4-EV Info Page
https://pairlist5.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/rav4-ev
This mailing list is intended primarily for discussions among owners and
drivers of the "classic" 1997-2003 Toyota RAV4 EV, as well as the newer
Tesla/Toyota ...

(the above listserv was created a long time ago by the frustrated former gm
ev1 lessees
https://www.google.com/search?q=ev1+club
who were forced to grab a gen1 rav4 ev after took their ev1 away from their
begrudging hands)

The local North SF Bay Electric Auto Chapter
http://nbeaa.org/
 would be a good place to start for EV contacts living near vallejo. Their
chapter has a map showing they have members in cities near vallejo (Napa,
Navato, SF, Concord, +more)
http://nbeaa.org/nbeaa_map.jpg

Some EVrs near Vallejo to contact who might know of a person with a work
space

https://www.google.com/search?q=evalbum.com+RAV4+%22california%22
 searches the evalbum.com for rav4 ev owners in CA

http://www.evalbum.com/268
Ed Thorpe, 40mins away (map)
https://goo.gl/maps/6LKzgMBYgXu

http://www.goprolessons.com/detail.php?id=1152
evdl's own Lawrence Rhodes, 1hr away (map)
https://goo.gl/maps/CSRvcw18kM32

http://www.evalbum.com/1008
Marc Geller also in sf

gen1 rav4 support
Kitty Rodden has blue sky motors as well as battery md businesses that
service, replace packs and sells parts for gen1 rav4 evs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rav4+ev+battery+replacement

https://www.google.com/search?q=rav4+battery+md+rodden

Good hunting & luck :-)

Re: Need work space near Vallejo: RAV4 EV gen1 pack-replace

I can't think who would want two RAV4-EVs sans batteries.  That's the most
valuable (and scarce) part, no?  I fear they'll end up parted out to repair
ICE RAVs.

I wonder if the drives could be hacked into something else.

Re: Free 2000 RAV4 EV (well, sort of)

I’ve been on on a RAV4-EV list for many years, and took the liberty of posting your note there.

But you had me going for a moment - a free RAV4-EV, umm... misleading advertising.

- Mark

Sent from my Fuel Cell powered iPhone

> On Jan 9, 2019, at 11:47 AM, Dex's Chris via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I may just have just bought a couple of 2000 RAV4 EVs in CA. I believe both
> were previously owned by the US Park Service. Based on vehicle reports,
> these have less than 8k miles but there's no way to determine actual
> mileage and true condition today. Since I'm based in Dallas and I would
> like to drop both battery packs in CA instead of transporting both cars to
> Texas.  I'm posting this to the group to ask if there are RAV4 EV owners in
> the Vallejo area who could provide some assistance.
>
> I need a place to work, tools & equipment to drop the battery packs.  I'll
> donate 2 complete RAV4s (minus the packs) for parts. My understanding is
> both vehicles have clean titles. I should know in a couple of days if the
> purchase are truly secured or not. If anyone wants to get a hold of me, I'm
> at 469.765.7621. Please leave a message as I do not pick up unsaved numbers.
>
> Regards,
> Dex

Re: Need work space near Vallejo: RAV4 EV gen1 pack-replace

My bid was not accepted and I won't be bidding again. All 3 RAV4 EVs are at
auction again tomorrow at 12PM PST

Lot  55254128 <https://www.copart.com/lot/55254128>
Lot 55400888 <https://www.copart.com/lot/55400888>
Lot 55401068 <https://www.copart.com/lot/55401068>

As a heads up, seller has a reserve and bids are subject to approval.

Any questions, email me directly at [hidden email]