Fwd: Folding E-Scooter - Too Good to be TRUE ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: Folding E-Scooter - Too Good to be TRUE ?

Electric Vehicle Discussion List mailing list

Morning EV Discussion List:

Great SEVA Meeting last night...

Wondering if any one has done business with this product.  Course looks
and sounds good..

But is it too good to be true ??

(
https://us.eggsize.store/products/mini-electric-car?fbclid=IwAR3Xsricgr0iEP-s7QNytgRsntfs7fhpp-lYW9kw9nro7JpnLvqrliYd-0c&variant=29420675891288 
)

Wish they had a US Office or Address.  All the glossy pictures look like
So.Cal...

Probably at these $$ Prices, the folks importing this, are just barely
covering COST, in hopes that by the time the first WAVE of customers
patiently wait a month or more for delivery, that popularity will rise
enough to ODER another container at a more normal retail price point.

--
Steven S Lough
PRESIDENT EMERITUS
Seattle EV Association
Web:  www.seattleeva.org
206 524 1351


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: stevenslough.vcf
Type: text/x-vcard
Size: 4 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.evdl.org/private.cgi/ev-evdl.org/attachments/20190710/89033ed2/attachment.vcf>
_______________________________________________
UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org
Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Folding E-Scooter - Too Good to be TRUE ?

Electric Vehicle Discussion List mailing list
On Wed Jul 10 08:56:25 PDT 2019 [hidden email] said:
>But is it too good to be true ??

Quite likely.  I tried for the neat electric scooter that was advertised around chistmas.
Twas a scam - though I carefully used a card that let me dispute the charges.


--

Try my Sensible Email package!  https://sourceforge.net/projects/sensibleemail/
_______________________________________________
UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org
Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Folding E-Scooter - Too Good to be TRUE ?

Electric Vehicle Discussion List mailing list
My guess is that the pictures were taken in Florida.

This was an unsuccessful Kickstarter project in 2017 - perhaps he found funding elsewhere.

- Mark

Sent from my Fuel Cell powered iPhone

> On Jul 10, 2019, at 9:48 AM, John Lussmyer via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Wed Jul 10 08:56:25 PDT 2019 [hidden email] said:
>> But is it too good to be true ??
>
> Quite likely.  I tried for the neat electric scooter that was advertised around chistmas.
> Twas a scam - though I carefully used a card that let me dispute the charges.
>
>
> --
>
> Try my Sensible Email package!  https://sourceforge.net/projects/sensibleemail/
> _______________________________________________
> UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
> http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org
> Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA)
>

_______________________________________________
UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org
Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Not from them : Folding E-Scooter ...

Electric Vehicle Discussion List mailing list
In reply to this post by Electric Vehicle Discussion List mailing list

[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Fwd-Folding-E-Scooter-Too-Good-to-be-TRUE-tp4694094.html
]

Bottom line: No, do not buy from 'them'.

Its unclear what peaks Steve's interest in this
 folding electric scooter.

Is it for himself (will need an adult size one)
Is it the price?
The fact that its folding (for last mile use)?
 
*There are many folding electric scooters available (see links below).

I think the (x1) scooter shown above is available at lots of different
prices and using many different names.

Anyone interested in purchasing an e-scooter, you could wade through all the
links below. Just discard/ignore the ones made for kids, and focus just on
the adult size ones that fit your needs.


https://us.eggsize.store/products/mini-electric-car?fbclid=IwAR3Xsricgr0iEP-s7QNytgRsntfs7fhpp-lYW9kw9nro7JpnLvqrliYd-0c&variant=29420675891288
$179.99
https://x1bike.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/BEK_3292.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=X1+Explorer&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjH8JPx76rjAhXbKs0KHaw0BEcQ_AUIECgB#spd=6399075023831707456
$900

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=X1+Explorer
X1 Explorer

https://www.google.com/search?q=x1-fit+Explorer
x1-fit

https://www.google.com/search?q=x1-fit+folding+scooter

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/askmy-folding-electric-bike.html
$999

https://hmong.video/video/rwnm3kfgeuxxlo42lojceu.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=Askmy+x1&oq=Askmy+x1

https://getevry.com/blogs/news/how-a-folding-e-bike-can-change-your-life

https://www.google.com/search?q=Folding+Electric+Scooter&tbs=p_ord:p,vw:l,ss:44&tbm=shop



For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/


{brucedp.neocities.org}

--
Sent from: http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/
_______________________________________________
UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org
Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Folding E-Scooter - Too Good to be TRUE ?

Electric Vehicle Discussion List mailing list
In reply to this post by Electric Vehicle Discussion List mailing list
 They seem to have an active FB page.
www.facebook.com/X1Bike

With prices mentioned around $1k. Weird.
-Chris

    On Wednesday, July 10, 2019, 1:32:57 PM CDT, Mark Abramowitz via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:  
 
 My guess is that the pictures were taken in Florida.

This was an unsuccessful Kickstarter project in 2017 - perhaps he found funding elsewhere.

- Mark

Sent from my Fuel Cell powered iPhone

> On Jul 10, 2019, at 9:48 AM, John Lussmyer via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Wed Jul 10 08:56:25 PDT 2019 [hidden email] said:
>> But is it too good to be true ??
>
> Quite likely.  I tried for the neat electric scooter that was advertised around chistmas.
> Twas a scam - though I carefully used a card that let me dispute the charges.
>
>
> --
>
> Try my Sensible Email package!  https://sourceforge.net/projects/sensibleemail/
> _______________________________________________
> UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
> http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org
> Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA)
>

_______________________________________________
UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org
Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA)

 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.evdl.org/private.cgi/ev-evdl.org/attachments/20190711/6749a7fd/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org
Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Folding E-Scooter - Too Good to be TRUE ?

Electric Vehicle Discussion List mailing list
Either an outright scam, or the Chinese factory that made the "official"
X1 bikes also sells unbranded ones to anybody who wants them, or a 2nd
Chinese factory just copied the design (badly).

If it's an unauthorized extra manufacturing run, the quality should be
about the same (although perhaps they don't put in as much QA work for
the "non-branded" versions).

If it's a complete lookalike copy, who knows on the quality.

If it's a scam, you just won't get any product.

Jay

On 7/11/19 10:54 AM, Christopher Darilek via EV wrote:

>   They seem to have an active FB page.
> www.facebook.com/X1Bike
>
> With prices mentioned around $1k. Weird.
> -Chris
>
>      On Wednesday, July 10, 2019, 1:32:57 PM CDT, Mark Abramowitz via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  
>   My guess is that the pictures were taken in Florida.
>
> This was an unsuccessful Kickstarter project in 2017 - perhaps he found funding elsewhere.
>
> - Mark
>
> Sent from my Fuel Cell powered iPhone
>
>> On Jul 10, 2019, at 9:48 AM, John Lussmyer via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed Jul 10 08:56:25 PDT 2019 [hidden email] said:
>>> But is it too good to be true ??
>>
>> Quite likely.  I tried for the neat electric scooter that was advertised around chistmas.
>> Twas a scam - though I carefully used a card that let me dispute the charges.
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Try my Sensible Email package!  https://sourceforge.net/projects/sensibleemail/
>> _______________________________________________
>> UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
>> http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org
>> Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA)
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
> http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org
> Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA)
>
>    
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://lists.evdl.org/private.cgi/ev-evdl.org/attachments/20190711/6749a7fd/attachment.html>
> _______________________________________________
> UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
> http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org
> Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA)
>
_______________________________________________
UNSUBSCRIBE: http://www.evdl.org/help/index.html#usub
http://lists.evdl.org/listinfo.cgi/ev-evdl.org
Please discuss EV drag racing at NEDRA (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEDRA)