GAUGES FOR MY EV?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
36 messages Options
GAUGES FOR MY EV? – I'm having a little trouble sorting out what I need as far as gauges for my S-10 conversion. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what works be...
On the small end, I would like to make a link 10 like device that has a graphic display that displays the cross needle guage as one of it's modes...
I am surprised the cross needle meter hasn't come up again, I think it is an elegant solution. http://www.qsl.net/k5lxp/ev/evgauge/evgauge.htm...
Jeff Shanab wrote: > I am surprised the cross needle meter hasn't come up again, I think it > is an elegant solution. > http://www.qsl...
Here is the battery amp and volt meter as display at: http://to-ev.net/pics/020.html The meters indicates this display when the EV ignition ...
Josh Creel wrote: > I'm having a little trouble sorting out what I need as far as gauges > for my S-10 conversion. Does anyone have any s...
Lee Hart wrote: > The absolute minimum is an analog ammeter (battery amps) and > voltmeter (battery volts). An expanded scale voltmeter ...
Roger Stockton wrote: > I'd suggest that if you have a modern controller then the absolute > minimum is a voltmeter on the battery pack......
When I contacted Otmar at Café Electric about a Zilla, he ask me what type of EV do I have. So I email him some photos of my EV and looking at ...
On Mon, Feb 4, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Roland Wiench <ev_7@...> wrote: > If you know what the ratio between your battery ampere and motor amp...
`That is true if you apply more torque at the slow speed, but I do not do that, because I reduce my torque by shifting down. In final gear it wi...
Hi Roland, You give the gear reduction but make the reader figure out your tire size! I mention that because I got a couple of cars (an EV a...
back emf on a driven wheel being feed back into the driving electrical motor via a magnetic coupling to boost the driving motor's output. – now here is an interesting concept. A man hooked an electric motor metal output drive shaft to a metal wheel with magnets on the rim. Around th...
Re: back emf on a driven wheel ... – Please avoid posting about overunity devices, magnetic motors, free energy and perpetual motion machines, and anything else that appears to viol...
Afraid this is nonsense- in fact it's a repeat of previous plans. They're thinking that people won't buy the "free energy" or "per...
Paul, On Feb 5, 2008 6:16 PM, Paul <pg@...> wrote: > Hi Roland, > > You give the gear reduction but make the reader figure ou...
The formula is: Mph=(rpm x tire circumference)/(overall ratio x 1056) 26.2 mph =(6000 x 90)/(19.495 x 1056) Roland ----- Origi...
Roland Wiench wrote: > I took a test run up a slightly up grade hill that was 3 > miles long, holding the battery ampere to 90 amperes, ...
Lee Hart wrote: > You still need the ammeter, because voltage without knowing > current is largely meaningless. You've been driving w...
Don't have a controller yet, I'm thinking of taking a chance on the new Kelly, but may go with the Curtis. Not sure yet, still trying to mak...
Josh Creel wrote: > Don't have a controller yet, I'm thinking of taking a chance > on the new Kelly, but may go with the Curtis. Not ...
I am not saying that Kelly controllers are good or bad I just know the guy with that conversion and there other factors at this time that could b...
Lee Hart wrote: >> You can get by without an ammeter... But it will be >> difficult to judge how much farther you can go. From: R...
>> You can get by without an ammeter as you say, only knowing >> when the pack reaches dead at 1.75v/cell. But it will be >> d...
From: Roger Stockton > You've been driving with too many guages for too long! ;^> That's possible. :-) Our standards rise as we learn mo...
Lee Hart wrote: > That's possible. :-) Our standards rise as we learn more. Yes, it seems to be a similar tuism to how our expenditures r...
At 01:57 PM 2/5/2008, you wrote: >Lee Hart wrote: > > > That's possible. :-) Our standards rise as we learn more. > >Yes, i...
Andre' Blanchard wrote: > The ampmeter will tell you that the voltage drop is because > you have a cell or three going soft someplace in...
At 04:25 PM 2/5/2008, you wrote: >This is true, but knowing the exact current isn't essential to diagnosing >such a problem, that's all...
To add to Lee's point, the only way to know that you're not killing the batteries every time you drive i...
On Feb 4, 2008, at 5:44 AM, Josh Creel wrote: > I'm having a little trouble sorting out what I need as far as > gauges for my S-10 con...
Josh, I use an analog ammeter and voltmeter mounted in plain view. You can calculate max speed in each gear so as to not overspeed your motor,...
Hello Josh, I find that the most important gage for a EV is the motor amp meter. This gage takes off the a shunt that is install between the...
Hi Roland, My car uses an automatic transmission so I was planning to look at motor current to find the shift points. What do you think of tha...
Hello Mark, I have use both type of transmissions. It was first a GM TH-350 with and then without the torque converter. The clutches only l...
Hi Josh; I'm old fashioned a bit here. I like plain old analog type panel meters. Large format3-4" square. Usually install 12 volt...