Go Tesla go!

I finally bought some Tesla stock.  THe only stock I own.

I just wanted to contribute to his vision independent of whether it made
any money or not.  But our "finincial advisor" said she could not process
the order becaue she and her company is bound by the fiduciary rule from
letting me do anything that is not in my best interest!  SHe said that her
company consideres Tesla as over priced by at east a factor of two and not
viable.

OK, now what?  So she established another account that was not bound by the
feduciary rule and I bought a few shares.

THen an article this weekend lends light and opened my eyes.  FUlly 27% or
almost one thrid of Tesla investors are short, meaning all their stock is
BETTING on Tesla's FAILURE.  So of course, when ever they comment on Tesla
they bash it, and try to scare other investors away, because every time the
stock goes up, they lose millions.

https://cleantechnica.com/2017/10/08/epic-battle-happening-musk-tesla-haters/

Screw em!  Go Tesla Go!

Bob

Re: Go Tesla go!

Being short does not mean that they are being on Tesla's failure. They are betting that the stock will go down from where it is.

I don't short stocks, because the potential loss on a short is infinite.

But if you look at the stock price, you'll see that the current price is extremely high based on any traditional valuation. But it always has been - that's how the stock gas been behaving up to now.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 9, 2017, at 6:43 AM, Robert Bruninga via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I finally bought some Tesla stock.  THe only stock I own.
>
> I just wanted to contribute to his vision independent of whether it made
> any money or not.  But our "finincial advisor" said she could not process
> the order becaue she and her company is bound by the fiduciary rule from
> letting me do anything that is not in my best interest!  SHe said that her
> company consideres Tesla as over priced by at east a factor of two and not
> viable.
>
> OK, now what?  So she established another account that was not bound by the
> feduciary rule and I bought a few shares.
>
> THen an article this weekend lends light and opened my eyes.  FUlly 27% or
> almost one thrid of Tesla investors are short, meaning all their stock is
> BETTING on Tesla's FAILURE.  So of course, when ever they comment on Tesla
> they bash it, and try to scare other investors away, because every time the
> stock goes up, they lose millions.
>
> https://cleantechnica.com/2017/10/08/epic-battle-happening-musk-tesla-haters/
>
> Screw em!  Go Tesla Go!
>
> Bob

Tesla Haters: Go Tesla go!

Re: Go Tesla go!

Well, it probaby is overpriced. But if you are in for the long run, and
I think that's your spirit, you'll either do really well or lose all :)
Peri

>I finally bought some Tesla stock.  THe only stock I own.
>
>I just wanted to contribute to his vision independent of whether it
>made
>any money or not.  But our "finincial advisor" said she could not
>process
>the order becaue she and her company is bound by the fiduciary rule
>from
>letting me do anything that is not in my best interest!  SHe said that
>her
>company consideres Tesla as over priced by at east a factor of two and
>not
>viable.
>
>OK, now what?  So she established another account that was not bound by
>the
>feduciary rule and I bought a few shares.
>
>THen an article this weekend lends light and opened my eyes.  FUlly 27%
>or
>almost one thrid of Tesla investors are short, meaning all their stock
>is
>BETTING on Tesla's FAILURE.  So of course, when ever they comment on
>Tesla
>they bash it, and try to scare other investors away, because every time
>the
>stock goes up, they lose millions.
>
>https://cleantechnica.com/2017/10/08/epic-battle-happening-musk-tesla-haters/
>
>Screw em!  Go Tesla Go!
>
>Bob

e-truck unveiling delayed to focus on Tesla-3& Puerto Rico grid: Go Tesla go!

https://electrek.co/2017/10/06/tesla-semi-electric-truck-unveiling-nov-16-model-3-puerto-rico-elon-musk/
Tesla pushes electric truck unveiling to Nov 16 as it focuses on Model 3 and
Puerto Rico, says Elon Musk
Oct. 6th 2017  ...
[
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/916395155120205825
Elon Musk @elonmusk
Tesla Semi unveil now Nov 16. Diverting resources to fix Model 3 bottlenecks
& increase battery production for Puerto Rico & other affected areas.
1:10 PM - Oct 6, 2017
]
 ... Musk was talking about a scalable energy storage and solar power
solution with the governor on Twitter. In the meantime, Tesla is shipping
Powerwalls, but as we reported, installations have been difficult due to the
damaged infrastructure and the fact that some installers have engaged in
price gouging ...
https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/f4hzrzu-e1507009724840.jpg?quality=82&w=1024#038;strip=all&w=1136

Re: Go Tesla go!

Mark is exactly right, a short is a bet that the share price will drop in
the near term. It is not a vote that Tesla will fail in the long term.

Personally, I never buy with the thought of selling.  I try to buy
enterprises that have a chance of big success in a long time frame, like 5
to 10 years. Otherwise, I buy total market index shares. In the short term,
it is hard to be better than the market as a whole, but the long term
investor has a potential to beat the market in a longer time frame with
individual stock picks.

I own Tesla stock, but not so much that I would lose sleep over its bad
treatment by the market.  The market is generally concerned with the next
week or quarter, not 5 or 10 years.  I would venture that many investors in
Tesla are willing to buy at what looks like an elevated price because they
believe in the long term prospects. Sounds like Fidelity feels this way in
the article.

My last purchase came when Tesla committed to the Gigafactory. I consider
the battery business to be far more likely to show a profit than the auto
manufacturing business. I will buy more when I see some expansion of the
battery business. I think the short sellers are unconcerned with such long
term ideas as mega Watts of batteries for sale.

Breaking into the car industry is a very hard thing to do.  Despite share
valuation, companies like Ford and GM have incredible resources. You are
seeing established car companies moving into the EV space and they can
muster immense human can capital resources.  Tesla shows the way and the
big money follows and possibly kicks a$$ on a grander scale.  We shall see
the the various Tesla innovations pay off: dealer-less sales methodology,
AI to drive them for us, the supercharger system, better service, etc.

--
Michael E. Ross
(919) 585-6737 Land

Re: Go Tesla go!

/rant on
i will only comment about stocks _once_ since this is EVDL list
around 1990 i bought 100 shares of AMER for $30/share, and sold them for $40/share, a tidy $1,000 profit!AMER changed it's name to AOL, split 128x, topped out at $100/share.I took $1,000 profit, and missed $1,280,000 because I was impatient over 1.2 million dollars.
I was told to buy AAPL 31 years ago but it wasn't "exciting enough" (apple)It split 56X and would be worth, to me $8,724/share or $872,480, if i had done so and just been patient, but i didn't
I intend to hold my Tesla stock 30 more years or my death and my children inherit it, like I should have done AAPL, and others.I expect, but I may be horrifically wrong and lose everything, but i doubt that, however the stock market is merciless., Tesla vehicles and the entire Tesla ecosystem, Tesla energy, SpaceX, hyperloop, neural link, Mars, the incipient lunar colony, all the rest, to be worth 10-20 times as much, in the next 10-20-30 years, electric vehicles, the entire ecosystem that will address the electric ecosystem the planet is transisitioning to, away from fossil fuels
/rant off, back to EV's