Great device for Zilla owners.

I just purchased one of these https://www.amazon.com/NuVision-Touchscreen-Quad-Core-Processor-Windows/dp/B01H3B17R8/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 to run ZillaView http://www.evgear.com.au/zillaview.html  and it works great.

If you  have a Zilla controller, it makes for a great $80 meter that shows lots of interesting real time information in a very readable format.

You can also download a copy of Putty http://www.putty.org/ or use another serial communication program to access the Zillas native interface.

There are a couple of quirks that  are worth mentioning.  There is only a single micro usb port, which also acts as the charging port.  This is not an issue in my case as the "up to 6 hours of battery life" is plenty for my needs.  You will need an USB to serial adapter which I already have https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=3726.  Also, I am not able to get ZillaView to recognize input from the Windows 10 onscreen keyboard, but again I already have a bluetooth keyboard https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Android-Devices/dp/B005OOKNP4 so that was not an issue for me.

Overall I think this is a great device.  It is nice to be able to try different speeds in different gears and compare motor amps/volts to battery amps/volts, and also see the RPM of my motor.  I already have an Evision meter in my truck which shows me all the battery side information, but when I compare the ~$700 I paid for that, this solution seems like even more of a bargain.

Damon

Great device for Zilla owners.

And just to blow my own horn, you may want to take a look at ZillaDash
http://www.casadelgato.com/ZillaDash/index.html

I currently am testing nice little unit with a 7" display that you can mount in your car.

--

Try my Sensible Email package!  https://sourceforge.net/projects/sensibleemail/

Re: Great device for Zilla owners.

I've had some time to look at John's ZillaDash program and it is pretty robust.  It includes a dashboard editor that is great.  The tablet I bought has a 1920 X 1080 native screen resolution which I was able to easily build a custom dashboard for.  I can't believe what a nice setup this is for only $80.

Damon