How about a CVT and constant speed motor?

How about a CVT and constant speed motor? – Theoretical question: What if you put a constant speed motor mated to a constant velocity transmission, not for the typical gear reduction o...
This would only simplify the control logic, the costly stuff - high power transistors, DC link capacitors, heat sink, etc. - would remain the same...
footer746 wrote: >> What if you put a constant speed motor mated to a constant velocity >> transmission... fsabolich wrote: >...
Well, I suppose he was talking about actual/practical CVT. If you simply have a contactor, the CVT would have to have to have almost an infinit...
On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 11:48 AM, fsabolich <fsabolich@...> wrote: > As for high speed, you don't need high voltage. You can simply we...
--- Morgan LaMoore <morganl@...> wrote: . > But high speed does require a motor that's designed > to handle high > frequencie...
Morgan LaMoore wrote: > But high speed does require a motor that's designed to handle high > frequencies. Normal industrial AC motors wil...
fsabolich wrote: > Well, I suppose he was talking about actual/practical CVT. I think he said "theoretically"; but I agree that i...
If you look at an ideal motor, reducing field strength won't reduce horsepower, it'll simply keep it constant. So when you look at the power curv...
Centrifical Clutch (was: How about a CVT and constant speed motor?) – What about using a large centrifical clutch behind the motor to a direct drive to a low geared rear end? Could you use a smaller say 9" ...
Re: Centrifical Clutch – Josh Creel wrote: > What about using a large centrifical clutch behind the motor to a direct > drive to a low geared rear end? Could you...
Actually thought of that for an electric go cart. I have one (centrifical clutch) and a motor that would work for a go cart. Seems like it w...
Re: Centrifugal Clutch (was: How about a CVT and constantspeed motor?) – > Actually thought of that for an electric go cart. I have one > (centrifugal clutch) and a motor that would work for a go cart. Seems >...
Matt Albertson wrote: > What if you put a constant speed motor mated to a constant velocity > transmission, not for the typical gear reduc...