Hypothetical question about EV registration

Hypothetical question about EV registration

Jeff Shanab
I think it is a good idea. They keep messing with that ruling and
different counties do things differently. And there may be time of sale
issues.

This guy talks about it, the 30 year rolling window is gone
   http://www.recarbco.com/technical/smog/sb42summary.html

The process was easy and it was really cool to show off for the referee.

I say: Stand up and be counted! Lets make sure we have every EV on record!

> If a state's DMV regulations specify that vehicles older than, say, 1975, are exempt from needing a yearly or bi-yearly smog check, and say that I convert, say, a 1974 car, is there any reason to apply for the "E" status for the vehicle? Can the registration just be renewed on a yearly basis as if the car were never converted? Let's say that the state is, say, California.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> - Gene

Re: Hypothetical question about EV registration

Seth Rothenberg
> I say: Stand up and be counted! Lets make sure we have every EV on record!

Hear, hear!    I know of at least 3 EVs that have GAS titles in NJ.
(maybe I should say Here, Here!)
I have a lot to do (and only a little time :-),
but my hope is to have a Electric title when I am done.

Seth in NJ

Re: Hypothetical question about EV registration

Kyle Bonds-2
Pennsylvania has 2 registration choices - gas or diesel, and if you live in anything but a farming county you have to get a gas car emmision tested.  I went back and forth with PENNDOT, even went to the trouble of re-titling the car as "modified", but the inspection station still took 3 days to get a waiver to pass the car.  And the sad part is that after all that trouble, I do not have anything official to make next year any easier.  Of course we do have current laws about Amish buggies on the highways.

Jeff Shanab wrote