ICEd

I went to visit my brother and really needed to charge.
The 3 spots in front of the evGo station were ICEd.
Been here before.

I parked facing the back of the charger and ran the CHAdeMO across the
intervening sidewalk.

Then I noticed the driver in one of the cars.

So I said hello.   I asked him if he knew what these electrical boxes were,
and he did not.

So I told him, they are electric car chargers,
I drove up from Jersey and between the distance and the heat,
I needed to charge...

and I told him that they really are supposed to have signs
so that people know how important those spots are.

He seemed to appreciate learning about it...

I did not ask him to move, and he didn't offer.
I wished him a good day.  Maybe in the future, he'll park where I parked
and I won't need to run the cable across the sidewalk.
(it was daylight,  and the mall was pretty empty at the time ;-)

Re: ICEd

He didn't apologize and move...and you think he "learned"?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 16, 2018, at 8:11 PM, Seth Rothenberg via EV <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I went to visit my brother and really needed to charge.
> The 3 spots in front of the evGo station were ICEd.
> Been here before.
>
> I parked facing the back of the charger and ran the CHAdeMO across the
> intervening sidewalk.
>
> Then I noticed the driver in one of the cars.
>
> So I said hello.   I asked him if he knew what these electrical boxes were,
> and he did not.
>
> So I told him, they are electric car chargers,
> I drove up from Jersey and between the distance and the heat,
> I needed to charge...
>
> and I told him that they really are supposed to have signs
> so that people know how important those spots are.
>
> He seemed to appreciate learning about it...
>
> I did not ask him to move, and he didn't offer.
> I wished him a good day.  Maybe in the future, he'll park where I parked
> and I won't need to run the cable across the sidewalk.
> (it was daylight,  and the mall was pretty empty at the time ;-)

Re: ICEd

Awesome job, Seth! This is the way to do it. All too often I see people yelling at each other.

Corbin