Killed my HPEV AC-31 Motor

Hi Guys,

One of the bearings on my AC-31 has started going, causing a loud whining
noise and loss of power in the middle of the RPMs.

Does anyone have experience repairing one of these?

And I've damaged the rotary encoder while poking around in anger and
frustration... never a good way to work but I'd just got the damn car going.

Is it doable to repair one, are the parts readily available etc? I'll need
at least a new bearing and the rotary encoder wheel.

Can't afford to replace it right now!

I'm in the UK.

Many thanks,
Matthew

07966 806 727

Re: Killed my HPEV AC-31 Motor

Cruisin
Bearing failure is a common problem on HPEVS due to inferior
quality bearings. The encoder is available by ordering from US Digital.
The rear bearing is easy to replace, but I am sure that yours is OK The
from bearing is pressed on. Any good machine shop should be able to
do the work for you. Repalce the front bearing with a good US made
bearing available most anywhere.

Re: Killed my HPEV AC-31 Motor

Many thanks - that's great info.

The guys at HPEVS have been very helpful too, gave me the codes for the
bearings, 6206 and 6207 bearings apparently.

07966 806 727